Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im so hyped for this show

But shouldn't we be worried that Squirrel Girl will be so far above the power level of everyone else in the show that there will be no believable dramatic tension?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Okay, so he's got kung-fu magic.

And here I thought it was something weird yet interesting like...one hand had been turned entirely to metal or something.
    He plunged his fist into the molten heart of the dragon Shou-Lao the Undying. Not interesting enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    From what I heard, IF was even more rushed than usual. They were saying that most action scenes in a MarvelFlix show have like a month to get right. IF was rocking a week or less of practice to get them right.
    I hope they put more into the fight scenes next season. I feel like I'm the only person on earth who really enjoyed Iron Fist season 1. Maybe some really great fight choreography will sell the show better. Also a bigger budget would really help, though that's probably not very likely considering the first season underperformed.

It's a shame, I honestly think the plot of season 1 was really well written, and the cast was great. Strong performances all round. Even Danny himself, I get why a lot of people didn't like him but it's a hard character to get right and the way he played him made sense in the circumstances of the story. I do think the actor himself is quite good. He's actually pretty charismatic in interviews, if they went a new direction with the character next season they could bring that out more. Also Colleen Wing and Misty Knight better get a show at some point, they're great...

Fingers crossed season 2 changes everyone's mind about Iron Fist, poor guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    john mulany is spider-ham in into the spider-verse and i am very okay with that
    Wait, Spider-Ham is in it?

I am much more hyped for this than I ever thought I'd be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    can't say know what they've done.
    I think it's sexual harassment and abuse respectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks decent. I REALLY hope they fix the fight choreography though... I don't care if the story sucks, I don't care if the acting stays weak, but they NEED to up their fight game. Iron Fist SHOULD be the most impressive fighter in the MCU, but so far, Daredevil makes him look like a bitch.
    Iron Fist's whole storyline was about leaving K'un-Lun before his training was complete and being emotionally compromised so his chi was constantly messed up. He's a long way from being the Immortal Iron Fist of the comics.

He's probably mostly completed that arc in season 1 though, so hopefully they'll take him somewhere new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He plunged his fist into the molten heart of the dragon Shou-Lao the Undying. Not interesting enough?
    Too interesting. I would have found it far more interesting if he were say, unable to beat this dragon because he took it on after not completing his training and was punished by having one of his hands turned into metal. As he attempts to clean up his life, he breaks into the super-hero biz, ya know, 'cause getting punched with a literal iron fist fucking hurts.

I just went and read his wiki, and jesus it's like a bad D&D backstory meets 90's Mortal Kombat.

"AND THEN HE KILLED YOUR FATHER!? OOOHHHHAAAAAA!!!!"

Fuck, what is he Rumble McSkirmish?
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2018-07-22 at 05:23 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Too interesting.
    Well now he's fucked either way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well now he's fucked either way!
    Fist fucked.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That’s why you should post anonymously or under a pseudonym.
    Got any more advice for other pedophiles how not to get caught?

Disgusting! How people can defend that sicko

10+ Year Old Account
    That Marvel Rising cartoon reminds me of the Totally Spies animation, not that its a bad thing, I honestly kind of liked that show lol.

Also after seeing the Aquaman movie, I really want a Namor movie now... and to be fair I wouldn't mind if they cast an Asian actor for Namor, cast Donnie Yen and we'll be cool :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-22 at 04:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Is it the same showrunner for IF season 2? I really hope not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Is it the same showrunner for IF season 2? I really hope not...
    IIRC, they pretty much fired everyone outside of the cast. It's new showrunner (who has a better history with action shows), new writers, directors and I believe they even brought in the guy that choreographed the hallway fight in DD1.

So, fingers crossed they fix most if not all of the problems with S1
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I was just thinking. I hope Tony Stark is the only tier 1 superhero they kill off in Untitled Avengers. Here's some reasons for that:

1) If Tony Stark is the only tier 1 Avenger to die Robert Downey Jr gets all the attention in terms of send offs, which I think he deserves. (Though I hope a post-credit scene shows the Tony Stark A.I. activating. I'm sure Robert Downey Jr is fine earning the easiest possible pay-check in cinema history for another 10 years doing a days worth of work for the occasional Marvel movie for the inevitable Iron Heart movies to come).

2) Thor: Ragnarok felt more like the first movie in a new Marvel entry than the conclusion of the Thor trilogy. Chris Hemsworth's Thor has gone from dull to one of the most fun MCU characters, and Chris Hemsworth is only 34 years old, and he seems to be in for more. Would be a shame not to explore that. Seems like he could have a future with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

3) If Marvel could sort out the rights situation for Namor, I'd really like for Chris Evans to stay around for another couple of years and co-star in the Namor origin movie with a World War II setting. Then, they should make a 5th Avengers movie with Namor as the villain and Captain America as the leader of the Avengers (certainly the US government will back off after the Avengers saves the world next year and he'll get his proper shield back). I would like to see Spider-Man and Captain America band together before they kill off Chris Evans' Cap. In the end of the movie Namor should be won over to the good side, like in the Comics, only to see Captain America being killed off by Red Skull who would be revealed to somehow have triggered Namor's lust for revenge of the surface world in the first place, giving Chris Evans' a send-off of his own and have Spider-Man continue to grow into the center of the MCU as he'll be the emotional focus point of Cap's death just as he will (I suspect) for Iron Man's death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Thor has already had a 4th movie confirmed, iirc. Black Widow is getting her own movie, and Hawkeye is rumoured to be a supporting role in that...

So of the OGAvengers, that just leaves Hulk, Cap and Iron Man. They're not going to kill of Hulk, because that's literally impossible... So Cap or Ironman. Given the arc he had in Infinity War, it seems most fitting for Iron Man to come full circle, and lay down his life to save the world, and unite the others, giving them something to Avenge again. So Cap will be all "Avengers, ASSEMBLE" and they'll gangbang Thanos to death.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Well, Thor has already had a 4th movie confirmed, iirc.

I don't think you are correct. Helmsworth is open to doing a fourth movie under specific conditions. I don't think anything as been confirmed.

Deleted
    Well, Thor has already had a 4th movie confirmed, iirc. Black Widow is getting her own movie, and Hawkeye is rumoured to be a supporting role in that...

So of the OGAvengers, that just leaves Hulk, Cap and Iron Man. They're not going to kill of Hulk, because that's literally impossible... So Cap or Ironman. Given the arc he had in Infinity War, it seems most fitting for Iron Man to come full circle, and lay down his life to save the world, and unite the others, giving them something to Avenge again. So Cap will be all "Avengers, ASSEMBLE" and they'll gangbang Thanos to death.
    Hemsworths contract is over after Avengers 4, and he said he'd only come back for a good script, Thor 4 certainly hasn't been confirmed yet.

Where would they even go with the film? In Infinity War we saw him go from a "god" to the closest thing the Marvel movies have shown to an actual physical god. Once Thanos is out of the way, what challenge is there left for him? I hope we get a shot of him at the end of Infinity War (if he survives), just finding a new home for whats left of the Asgardians, and then finally sitting on his Throne. That'd be a great Arc for Thor, from Thor 1 to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Hemsworths contract is over after Avengers 4, and he said he'd only come back for a good script, Thor 4 certainly hasn't been confirmed yet.
    Hmm, I thought Feige had Confirmed Thor 4... And to be fair, Thor 4 doesn't HAVE to mean Hemsworth. As you've said, Odinson's arc is done... Doesn't mean they can't do FosThor (or in the MCU probably ValkThor).

Or Better yet, since he's now the closest we've seen yet to a "God" we could always do Gorr the God Butcher. Or, seeing as Asgard was destroyed, you COULD say that this caused all of the bad guys locked up there to be released, so we could do something like Mangog. Maybe bring it down to earth a bit and do something like Last Days of Midgard. We've seen Thor go toe to toe with Thanos, so how about something that he CAN'T just smash? Like Roxxon and their army of Lawyers. Then, of course, finish it all off with a fight against Dario Agger, AKA "The Minotaur" because there always has to be an Action scene.

Or, since Feige has mentioned that he was pulled out of Ragnarok so that they can use him better later: There's always the Saga of Beta Rey Bill.

I could go on, tbh... But the point I'm trying to make is that there are FUCKTONS of Stories left, it's just a question of which one you want to do. Feige has already said that Ragnarok felt more like the start of a new trilogy, rather than an end to the old one. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a couple more Thor films, especially considering his new found status as "Coolest Avenger" after IW.

Hmm, I thought Feige had Confirmed Thor 4... And to be fair, Thor 4 doesn't HAVE to mean Hemsworth. As you've said, Odinson's arc is done... Doesn't mean they can't do FosThor (or in the MCU probably ValkThor).
    Maybe ValkThor (though I didn't care for Valk), but while they could recast Foster, I don't think they see a need to do that story with her, the character just wasn't important enough in the movies to warrant a recast and center role, IMO.

Or, since Feige has mentioned that he was pulled out of Ragnarok so that they can use him better later: There's always the Saga of Beta Rey Bill.
    Beta Rey Bill could be a nice tie-in with GotG in a "cosmic adventures" way.

I could go on, tbh... But the point I'm trying to make is that there are FUCKTONS of Stories left, it's just a question of which one you want to do.
    Do keep in mind that there may be a fuckton of epic comic stories, but most of them have less mass-market appeal than to someone like yourself. I think for the public, Thor is Hemsworth right now, and so if you're doing a "Thor" movie, it'd need to be him front and center. When you mentioned Beta, first idea that sprang to mind for me was a storyline of Thor splitting his power between himself, ValkThor and Beta Rey Bill, but then I do get tired of depowering heroes so they can be defeated so they can rally at the end and beat the monster and learn the true meaning of christmas...

Anyway, I think the big thing is that they need to humanize things a lot more in the movies than in the comics. I also don't think the "not worthy" storyline would make a lot of sense for a movie.But they already trivialized Surtur and removed Hela, so I think the next movie (if there is one) would need to be more space-travel cosmic based. (Unless Thor4 is so far out on the schedule that he's gonna fight Galactus over New Asgard.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    I feel like Thor would be better served as a background character going forth into the next phase, like coming in maybe for a few scenes in next Guardians movie, maybe they go to New Asgard for something.

There are plenty of stories they could do with him, but honestly they should let the "OG Avengers" rest for a while, and let the new heroes take the lead in the next phase. Especially now they've got F4 and XMen to play with in the MCU.

I think Hemsworth just wants to be in a similar situation to what Chris Evans talked about when his contract ended before, just come back for maybe a film every few years, maybe film some scenes for the after credits stuff of other films, and then have plenty of time inbetween that to work on other projects. Disney will be able to retain these actors for much longer that way.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2018-08-07 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Do keep in mind that there may be a fuckton of epic comic stories, but most of them have less mass-market appeal than to someone like yourself.
    Not when Marvel does em they don't. Marvel could take some obscure 90's storyline involving some C-list characters like, I dunno, US Agent, Diamondback, and Jack Flag and probably pull a hit out of it. Keep in mind, prior to the MCU, Iron Man wasn't exactly a mega popular character among comic fans, and was even less well known amongst the average joe. And Guardians of the Galaxy? The vast majority of people who went and saw that movie had never even heard of the GotG...hell, I bet even the majority of comic fans had never actually read an issue of GotG prior to that first movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Not when Marvel does em they don't. Marvel could take some obscure 90's storyline involving some C-list characters like, I dunno, US Agent, Diamondback, and Jack Flag and probably pull a hit out of it. Keep in mind, prior to the MCU, Iron Man wasn't exactly a mega popular character among comic fans, and was even less well known amongst the average joe. And Guardians of the Galaxy? The vast majority of people who went and saw that movie had never even heard of the GotG...hell, I bet even the majority of comic fans had never actually read an issue of GotG prior to that first movie...
    I don't think Ironman was mega popular, other than Spiderman and maybe Wolverine, who was outside of comic fans? But plenty of folks knew Ironman, Hulk, Cap, Thor, even if they lacked specifics.

GotG is a good example of them pulling obscure heroes forward, but they're also all very humanized I think. You don't have to go too deep into the Marvel Mythos to make the movie, do you? Simple concepts and stuff. Like Deadpool as well, I think the passion of the production staff is what made GotG, not just that Marvel could pick anyone from the stable and make them successful (coughInhumanscough).

I think Doctor Doom would be a great success as a mega villain for example, but Galactus might be too comic-book of a villain for movies, even if he's not a hungry cloud.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Dont think we will have Dave Baustista for very much longer.

He wants out of his contract if Disney don't use James Gunn's Gotg3 script.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

he said he will do what hes legally obligated to do but wouldnt reup his contract unless hes reinstated.

most mcu stars at this point have to sign 9 movie deals, but even so there have been cases like the guy who played red skull and natalie portman who have movies left in their contract but havent/wont be brought back.

on the topic of thor 4. i have a feeling they arent going to want to get rid of thor when they finally got him right, that along with the fact that maintaining the cosmic bro roadtrip vibe that is similar to gotg may be something they want to keep ahold of now that the franchise is essentially imploding.

if james gunn isnt reinstated id be surprised if we even get a gotg 3 tbh, atleast with the original cast. if we do that will be one hell of a demanding job for whoever takes over. theyre gonna have an unhappy cast, theyre gonna have it ten times worse than justice league did and a million times worse than ant man did.

if they dont reinstate gunn its just going to be a lose lose.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

TBH, was ANYONE actually expecting him to do anything other than phone it in during GoTG3 and then leave? He's made his feelings on the whole situation clear multiple times.

What WILL be quite interesting though, is the press tour. So, he's said he'll do what he's legally required. So he'll go to set each day, but in the legally required minimum to get the film done...

But what about all the shit that ISN'T filming? What about the interviews, tours etc... I wonder if he'll go along on them, and if he DOES, what will he say?

Somehow, I get the feeling his answers there would be better than the actual film XD.