The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Was kinda hoping for a continuation of the will of iron story by marvel but I get why they went with the ultramarines as they are pretty much the face of 40k. Looking forward to it marvel defiantly has the chops to do 40k Justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    so Marvel has Alien and Predator part of the universe now. and they are working on releasing new comic books in 2021.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...edator-stories

also has some interesting teaser images in this link. like Predator standing atop of the Avengers building.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    so Marvel has Alien and Predator part of the universe now. and they are working on releasing new comic books in 2021.

also has some interesting teaser images in this link. like Predator standing atop of the Avengers building.
    Hot damn I comply missed that they got those and am really happy that this will likely mean a lot more A/P content and hopefully some not awful movies.

I do feel a bit bad for dark horse though this is the second time they are getting shafted by marvel taking a big franchise from them and just like Starwars they have put a ton of work into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I do feel a bit bad for dark horse though this is the second time they are getting shafted by marvel taking a big franchise from them and just like Starwars they have put a ton of work into it.
    What did Marvel do to earn the "shafted" ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    What did Marvel do to earn the "shafted" ?
    They bought the franchise taking the rights from dark horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post

Very nice can't wait to see what they do with it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Well shit,I guess this means no Batman vs Predator movie now. :/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Fox owned the properties. That's now Disney. It's no surprise that they made the acquisition of the IP formal for Marvel on the print side. I wouldn't describe that as being 'shafted', considering they haven't done much of relevance with them lately. Also should point out that Dark Horse has been losing IPs left and right, not to mention harboring a sexual predator for the highest editing position. I would say it's deserved. Quite the opposite of shafted.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Meh. Fox owned the properties. That's now Disney. It's no surprise that they made the acquisition of the IP formal for Marvel on the print side. I wouldn't describe that as being 'shafted', considering they haven't done much of relevance with them lately. Also should point out that Dark Horse has been losing IPs left and right, not to mention harboring a sexual predator for the highest editing position. I would say it's deserved. Quite the opposite of shafted.
    ya i'm not surprised they would bring over the print side i just totally blanked on fox owning alien/predator which i really shouldn't have.

dark horse was also doing a fair amount with the both of them there have been a good few comic series in the last year or so but my following of dark horse starts and finishes with alien and predator so i can't say i know any thing else about them.

OK I see others have made any further comment by me redundant. Moving on.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2020-07-04 at 06:59 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Looks like there is some rumoured , and I use the term RUMOURS strongly here, that there's a line up leak for the MCU X-Men movie

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...e-up-revealed/

Apparently the new line up conssits of Cyclops, Storm, Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), Nightcrawler, Thunderbird, Sunfire and Havok.

Storm is also from Wakanda in this version. Marvel wants to focus on some of the more unlikely unknown X-Men so they can give Fox's X-Men time to die down
    I am guessing Professor X is going to be in there, surely? that's an interesting mix, although the only one to have never been on live action anything is Sunfire. Storm being from Wakanda makes sense, maybe we will see her in Black Panther 2? that is probably the logical tie in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Storm the street thief from the utopia of Wakanda? Reeeeeeeeee

Seriously though the bar is so low with the X-men that I’m not worried about them making too big a mess. Leaving out Colossus for Deadpool franchise, I hope.
    I would love to see a Deadpool/Spider-Man movie. Ryan Reynolds and Tom Holland would be amazing to see work together.

Here's a question. Did the entire MCU happen in an alternate timeline? The evidence comes from Ant Man 1, where Hank Pym falsely accuses Howard Stark of stealing his work. Stark did not, but the Avengers DID in Endgame. Pym is referring to the missing Pym Particles. So this is a branch timeline, not the real one. What do you think?

Earth-199999 is the designated universe number for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a shared fictional universe which crosses over superhero films and television produced by Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Earth-199999 is the designated universe number for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a shared fictional universe which crosses over superhero films and television produced by Marvel Studios.
    Not what I meant.

For the purposes of my question, we consider it a given that there is a "main" MCU. We know of 1 alternate MCU universe that was created when Loki steals the Tesseract in Endgame. But my question is "Have we ever even SEEN the main MCU?" Pym accusing Howard Stark of stealing his tech in Ant Man 1 suggests THAT version of Pym (and everything in Ant Man 1) is an alternate MCU that was created when the Avengers stole the Pym particles in Endgame. So how far back does that go? It is all an alternate universe with the main MCU left unexplored?

Well, I've long considered the mcu as one trashy mess that needs a huge do over anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Here's a question. Did the entire MCU happen in an alternate timeline? The evidence comes from Ant Man 1, where Hank Pym falsely accuses Howard Stark of stealing his work. Stark did not, but the Avengers DID in Endgame. Pym is referring to the missing Pym Particles. So this is a branch timeline, not the real one. What do you think?
    Pym was accusing him of attempting to replicate his work after stealing some of his research,not stealing the particles them selves,he calls the ones he slams down on the table a poor imitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Pym was accusing him of attempting to replicate his work after stealing some of his research,not stealing the particles them selves,he calls the ones he slams down on the table a poor imitation.
    That is not made clear. When he said steal the research, that could very well mean the particles themselves.

We still have an Ant Man 3 scheduled for release. The plot could very well revolve around stolen Pym particles and trying to prevent an alternate universe from forming and destroying the MCU.

Your over thinking things.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Another easter egg people may have missed is Ultron is still alive. He showed up in Spiderman: Homecoming. People wonder if he will be in the final Tom Holland Spidey flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Not what I meant.

For the purposes of my question, we consider it a given that there is a "main" MCU. We know of 1 alternate MCU universe that was created when Loki steals the Tesseract in Endgame. But my question is "Have we ever even SEEN the main MCU?" Pym accusing Howard Stark of stealing his tech in Ant Man 1 suggests THAT version of Pym (and everything in Ant Man 1) is an alternate MCU that was created when the Avengers stole the Pym particles in Endgame. So how far back does that go? It is all an alternate universe with the main MCU left unexplored?
    I think his point is that the "main" mcu and the main marvel universe in general is the original 616 comics one.

everything else is a different reality or timeline.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552