Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This was the last "What if" I recall reading;
    Unsurprisingly the answer was depressing
    I’m trying to think of an uplifting what if story and can’t off the top of my head. Seems what if equates to what can go wrong, at least from the comic POV.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’m trying to think of an uplifting what if story and can’t off the top of my head. Seems what if equates to what can go wrong, at least from the comic POV.
    Most of the time they were depressing to read.
    But there was this one that ended positively;

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Most of the time they were depressing to read.
    But there was this one that ended positively;

Logan's most used superpower is the pocket dimension those claws slide back into when he retracts them,they're longer than his forearm and hand combined.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I think that was the whole attraction of them in the first place. With it being a what if scenario it freed the writers to make things end much more badly and have it remain canon in an alternate universe sort of way that it couldn't in the main universe. So they naturally chose storylines where they could pursue endings that wouldn't be allowed in regular comics.

They announced Shang-Chi was not going to get released day and date like Black Widow before Black Widow opened. So ScarJo's suit had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    Or just trying to avoid the bad optics of doing it again, either way my opinion is that Shang Chi is going to do just as bad at the cinema. And by not releasing it on D+ will show that ScarJo made out better financially by having BW release on both. So Disney can show that off in the upcoming court case. But thats just my conspiracy theory.
    she doesnt get anything from the d+ sales thats why shes suing, her contract was based off ticket sale benchmarks so all of the money from d+ goes straight to the mouse not her
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pure coincidence, but check out the poster in Into The Spiderverse.

FFH releases on Dec 17th.
    You mean No Way Home?

Yes, me stupid. Thank you.
    No worries. I'm quite excited about the film. I hope it's a fucking rollercoaster ride of a movie.

I found the first two of the trilogy to be strictly okay. Nothing outstanding.

Genuinely excited to see Shang Chi as a movie, while fully aware of controversies/lack of hype surrounding it. To me it's a bit of a shame, because this is supposed to be the first big Phase 4 movie setting up the future.

I think it was a disservice to be introducing Shang Chi in his own movie without having seeded anything in any prior media. Disney+ has been seeding new characters left right and center. Black Widow even opens up some tie ins with future characters and teams we might see. But Shang Chi? No one knows or cares who is, and it's gonna be a Captain Marvel situation all over again.

If people barely even remember who the main bad guys were in the Iron Man movies, no one's gonna care about the obscure, mysterious organization hinted in the back of each.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the moment Dr. Doom finally appears in MCU.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-08-17 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    But Shang Chi? No one knows or cares who is, and it's gonna be a Captain Marvel situation all over again.
    Where it makes over a billion dollars and is in the top 5 Non-Avengers MCU films by box office?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Where it makes over a billion dollars and is in the top 5 Non-Avengers MCU films by box office?
    Where the character ends up taking a back seat to everything else in the future involving them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the character ends up taking a back seat to everything else in the future involving them.
    There just hasn't been a lot of opportunity for Danvers to have any significant role in anything else, at this point. It's not like they've had a ton of team-ups and she hasn't been around.

There just hasn't been a lot of opportunity for Danvers to have any significant role in anything else, at this point. It's not like they've had a ton of team-ups and she hasn't been around.
    And screen space for her is being shared and her character still took a backseat all things considered.

You could say the same for the future of Shang Chi 'not getting too much of a significant role in anything else' in the story too if the movie or character gets taken out of the limelight and quietly written out of future content tie ins, without us ever knowing the original intended plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    And screen space for her is being shared and her character still took a backseat all things considered.
    This puts her in the same seat as basically every character except Tony Stark, Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man.

A lot of the later characters of the Thanos era, like Doctor Strange and, yes, Captain Marvel, were setting up the central characters of this phase. Captain Marvel's got the Ms. Marvel series on Disney+ coming (though she may not have much in there), and then the Marvels film where she's the central character. So it's not like they're ignoring her. I really have no idea where you're getting this from; it is not representative of the films at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tony Stark IS Iron Man.
    Ugh, brain go splat. I wrote down Tony, and then reviewed in my head how many films had three sequels, and Iron Man was in there, so plbrbplrb. Brain fart.

The Marvels looks more like a group film than a Danvers specific film.
    It'll definitely have more than just Carol, but is Captain America: Civil War a Cap film? Or a group film? How about Iron Man 2, which features War Machine heavily? Or Thor 3, which has Loki, and Hulk, and Valkyrie, and a bunch of others?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War, say "hi".
    Thor: Ragnorok also cuts in with a little "howdy".

Many of the bigger MCU movies are team ups and multi character stories.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War, say "hi".
    Thor: Ragnorok also cuts in with a little "howdy".

Many of the bigger MCU movies are team ups and multi character stories.
    Well, we'll see when Shang Chi 2 comes out. That's gonna be a thing, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we'll see when Shang Chi 2 comes out. That's gonna be a thing, right?
    There are plenty of major characters who don't even have a film, like Scarlet Witch or Vision. Who now have more screentime than most other heroes, because of Wandavision, but it's not a film. And until Wandavision, they didn't even have that, of course.

You're taking a stance regarding the ongoing importance of characters based on weird personal math that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

There are plenty of major characters who don't even have a film, like Scarlet Witch or Vision. Who now have more screentime than most other heroes, because of Wandavision, but it's not a film. And until Wandavision, they didn't even have that, of course.

You're taking a stance regarding the ongoing importance of characters based on weird personal math that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
    So how has anything I said based on weird personal math? Because you disagree? Because other heroes got more screen time than say Captain Marvel?

Shang Chi doesn't have the international pull that they were banking on, and I hold reservations on the future of the character. I feel the same way has happened to Captain Marvel, which seemed me that it was intended to be something bigger than it ended up being in the MCU. I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing to point out. You can accept that opinion, no? Because you're trying pretty hard to prove it wrong even though I made no hard statements over the success of either movies.

Tobey Macguire Spiderman 3 made bank too, so I guess I can't express any skeptical reservations for any MCU movie ending up like Spiderman 3 as if it could be anything other than a raging success.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-08-17 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how has anything I said based on weird personal math? Because you disagree? Because other heroes got more screen time than say Captain Marvel?

Shang Chi doesn't have the international pull that they were banking on, and I hold reservations on the future of the character.
    I'm sure the story about a Chinese superhero starring a Chinese-Canadian actor and revolving heavily around Chinese-inspired mythologies won't do well in China.

I feel the same way has happened to Captain Marvel, which seemed me that it was intended to be something bigger than it ended up being in the MCU.
    See, this is what I mean by "weird personal math". Her first film did amazingly well. She was in Endgame shortly after. And there just hasn't been a lot more films since then for her to show up in.

I have literally no idea how you're drawing this conclusion.