Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’ll be interesting to see how they handle that. Maybe slowed aging due to his mutation…
    There's always the good old fashioned "cryo stasis due to being a potential threat" trope or the slightly more complicated "mind swap with a fresh clone",the latter could bring in the Jackal for Spiderman or if they want to go deep, Mr. Sinister.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'd wager 90% of people going to see no way home who don't already see every MCU film are going purely because of Toby and the nostalgia of Raimi Spiderman - it's the only reason I'm going to see it
    True, either way i think the idea of multiverse and variants is cool, making the reimiverse their own multiverse and Tobey a variant peter parker i think is a brilliant way to tie those movies together someway, plus the fox and sony universes all together, with the excuse of "multiverse", as there is some worthy things there

I think open possibilities to more interesting and fun stuff, now that they can be either more close to the Hqs or do something totally different and just blame the multiverse

I'd wager 90% of people going to see no way home who don't already see every MCU film are going purely because of Toby and the nostalgia of Raimi Spiderman - it's the only reason I'm going to see it
    I'd wager that 90% of people that don't care about MCU movies also don't care about Spider-Man movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I think open possibilities to more interesting and fun stuff, now that they can be either more close to the Hqs or do something totally different and just blame the multiverse
    That just means retcons and inconsistency.
    To be fair it seems they have everyone that watches primed and prepped for that sort of thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That just means retcons and inconsistency.
    To be fair it seems they have everyone that watches primed and prepped for that sort of thing.
    it could mean that yes, but im looking for more stuff like spider-man NWM and interactions with old actors/movies

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Actors aside, they’re going to have to edit the backstory for Magneto - if he is a teenager in WW2 then that puts him at about 90 years old now.
    I don't think that's that big of an issue. They've been doing it in the comics with various characters for decades. I think the whole holocaust to mutant leader is a good angle for the character but I think he can still be Magneto without it. At a certain point you have to start updating the characters.

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle that. Maybe slowed aging due to his mutation…
    Just make him a survivor of a mutant holocaust in Genosha.

Time travel and Multiple universes are the quickest way to make any level of continuity and engagement in the story disappear completely for me - and MCU is doing both it seems.

I can't fathom caring about these movies after Endgame
    The fuckery with the soul stone workarounds was enough to disengage my interest. The entire point of them was sacrifice and Gamora is all good. And they followed it up with a black widow movie.

Ill still keep an eye out for the odd 9/10 movie. They ratio about one every 10 movies it seems. For every winter solider there are 9 antman 2 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He's in Black Mirror's Bandersnatch, the interactive Netflix film.
    Among other things, but that's where I first saw him.
    He's not well known I think though no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he played in Narnia and the Maze Runner too.

I've been liking the latest Spider-man comics and their retcon of the Sin's Past storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Such an interesting choice. Not an actor I would have considered since his appearance is usually that of a small frame. Adam Warlock isn't exactly a small dude. Wonder if they are going to do the Hollywood Bulk Up regimen with him.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Such an interesting choice. Not an actor I would have considered since his appearance is usually that of a small frame. Adam Warlock isn't exactly a small dude. Wonder if they are going to do the Hollywood Bulk Up regimen with him.
    Everybody bulks up when cast in a Superhero film. Iron Man and Ant-Man aren't known for their physical attributes...but even RDJ and Paul Rudd got in on that abs game.

And Poulter may not be like Superjacked or anything...but he was in pretty decent shape in Maze Runner:

Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-10-12 at 07:32 PM.

Well his eyebrows are other worldly.

Another marvel master cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Everybody bulks up when cast in a Superhero film. Iron Man and Ant-Man aren't known for their physical attributes...but even RDJ and Paul Rudd got in on that abs game.

And Poulter may not be like Superjacked or anything...but he was in pretty decent shape in Maze Runner:

Good call. I never watched Maze Runner.

I am very interested to see him in the MCU. He is a great actor. I wonder if, since he has a youthful appearance, if this is going to be a young adam warlock. My guess is, freshly "hatched" as a younger adult.

Might turn into the next big bad;

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    i rly appreciate how they change heroes and villains costumes, those were awful

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d guess he”s very much a fresh Adam Warlock unless there’s some kinda time skip. Gunn said the end of vol. 2 wasn’t even Adam, it was a prototype. So he wasn’t even grown until after then.
    Ah! I haven't heard that quote before. Neat!

Do you think that this will end up involving the Infinity Stones again? (Since that is the big plot with Adam Warlock)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question. No idea. I’d be kinda disappointed if they rez Thanos and the Stones to let Warlock deal with them. There’s so much more to explore.
    I wonder. Since they replaced Adam Warlock with Vision in the Infinity Saga, if they would replace Thanos with someone else. Would be odd, but then again, it is odd to bring in Adam without the involvement of the stones.

Then again, they could just be setting up more of a celestial saga. We have been seeing a whole lot of Space, so it could make sense.