Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    does anyone actually care about the critics reviews anyway?
    I do when this was lauded as the marvel film of choice for critics.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, yes. Critics lambasted Dave Chappelle's The Closer yet the audience loved it and the whole controversy surrounding it was so blown out of proportion it's absolutely insane how an extremely small an impotent group of people have tried to get it pulled. Critics seem to like doing stuff in lock-step these days, they'll praise mediocre entertainment and bash something for the most trivial crap pretty much collectively.

Eternals looks terrible though. The costume design looks like some expensive cosplay and the acting in the trailers looks terrible. I won't be surprised at all if the audience reviews are also negative.

I've seen quite a few differing opinions on Eternals, with most people agreeing that it's beautifully made, but for the ones that didn't like it much inspite of that saying they couldn't feel a real connection to the characters, while the others are saying the opposite. From what I gathered so far, it boils down to that. If the characters 'click' with you, you're going to like it, if not, you'll find it beautiful but boring.^^

Very nice discussion about it (long vid, but I found it interesting):

5+ Year Old Account
    Uhh...guys? There is an eternals thread..

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...light=Eternals
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-10-30 at 09:50 PM.

"[Movie/TV/Comic] Marvel Cinematic Universe: A place to talk all things Marvel"

Seems like this is as good a thread as any.

I admit I like how they made Angelina Jolie look impressive.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The CGI looks brutal, seeing some of the clips floating around on Twitter, it looks like a cinematic from a PS3 game or something.

Yes. If a movie gets Fantastic Four level reviews its usually a pretty good sign you shouldn't see it. Meanwhile audiences give bad movies their money.

Also a good reviewer should be able to passionately write why they think a movie is good. I used to enjoy reading Roger Ebert's reviews because he was a great writer even if I didn't agree with it.

I will admit I recently watched a movie that got panned by the critics.

Personally I'm giving Batman and Robin 9.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Personally I'm giving Batman and Robin 9.5/10.
    That's a pretty ice score!

I'm waiting for D+ on Eternals. I'm fine with a beautiful movie in principle, even at the cost of character development. But I'll have to see what exactly is going on here before I render judgement, of course. Critics scores are a tentative indicator no question, but I've disagreed enough to not let it stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's a pretty ice score!

I'm waiting for D+ on Eternals. I'm fine with a beautiful movie in principle, even at the cost of character development. But I'll have to see what exactly is going on here before I render judgement, of course. Critics scores are a tentative indicator no question, but I've disagreed enough to not let it stop me.
    Eternals is surpassing FF by a quite a margin if you consider the Tomatometer. That's good enough for me. Having said that I'm not expecting Guardians of the Galaxy Pt5. I'll likely see it next Wed or Thurs evening in a regular showing.

By way of comparison Shang Chi and Dune had very good critical reviews. The former I saw in the "Extra" theatre which has a bigger screen, better sound and a better projector. Dune I decided to watch in 3D.

I'll give Shang-Chi a D+ watch as well because why not, but Dune was a bit of a disappointment for me. Then again, I am not only a massive Dune nerd but I've also engaged with it professionally as an academic, so a film probably couldn't but disappoint... With Marvel, it's a lot more "casual" for me so I can enjoy silly entertainment for what it is, if that's what it is. I appreciate sophistication, but it's a complicated relationship.

7+ Year Old Account

new teaser for Morbius, with a new trailer coming out tomorrow

spider man trailer that is good not yet

i don't know if its the real deal but seems like the trailer coming out tomorrow was leak already, with Morbius teasing Venom and spider-man
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-11-01 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

new teaser for Morbius, with a new trailer coming out tomorrow

spider man trailer that is good not yet

i don't know if its the real deal but seems like the trailer coming out tomorrow was leak already, with Morbius teasing Venom and spider-man
    We absolutely do not count Morbius as MCU.... sony trash is sony trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nobody’s gonna talk about Bill Murray being in Quantumania? Fine, I will. Bill Murray confirmed he’s in Quantumania.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/b...mpression=true
    Well, much as I love Bill Murray...there's not really a lot to talk about there. We don't know who he's playing and, according to him, we probably won't ever see him reprise the role.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    he is technically in the mcu now with venom, there is michael keaton vulture in his movie and all

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Still better than the mediocrity that Disney has been plunking out since End Game.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, the Morbius trailer have reference to all 3 spider-man franchises:

- it have the daily bulge from the reimi universe, and, the Tobey spider-man painted in a wall
    - it have the TASM Oscorp building in the background, plus, the journal talk about how The Rhino is attacking the city
    - It also have Michael Keaton vulture from Tom Holland spider-man

And there is other Easter eggs, the journal also have a headline asking if the Black cat is a friend or foe, hinting she is part of the MCU now too, since sony wanted to do a solo movie about her, and he actually say in the movie "i am venom" joking with a criminal.

Maybe they delayed the movie so tis part of this multiverse clusterfuck, where all worlds are connected somehow.

Btw, the movie is looking promising, i didn't like much Venom because they made it a bit too over the top with the jokes, so if Morbius is a bit more darker im gonna like, Leto is looking good on the role and the trailer/teaser is looking promising.

- - - Updated - - -

yep, full trailer is out, looking good so far

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we all know he wont do any serious villainous shit, so their way of marketing is dumb.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Morbius was never into outright villainy.
    Hell...Venom was more a villain in the comics than Morbius.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Morbius was never into outright villainy.
    Hell...Venom was more a villain in the comics than Morbius.
    And since he is no villain in current movies...
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.