Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Just as an update, this is what he looks like currently.

Seems like a decent fit.
    I'm not sure why people are acting like they haven't seen him. He was just in Midsommer. He was actually also originally supposed to play Pennywise in the It reboot and something happened and they went with Skarsgard instead. I think he fits more than the upcoming Batman...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Morbius was never into outright villainy.
    Hell...Venom was more a villain in the comics than Morbius.
    Yeah I think a lot of what he did was often attributed to initial shock of transformation and the need to feed/cure himself. Hell even in TAS he was like a villain for half an episode and then eventually joined Blade and even helped fight Peter when he was the manspider but also knew to only contain him.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I'm not sure why people are acting like they haven't seen him. He was just in Midsommer. He was actually also originally supposed to play Pennywise in the It reboot and something happened and they went with Skarsgard instead. I think he fits more than the upcoming Batman...
    You think people on this website watched Midsommar? LOL.

I'm not sure why people are acting like they haven't seen him. He was just in Midsommer. He was actually also originally supposed to play Pennywise in the It reboot and something happened and they went with Skarsgard instead.
    I've not seen Midsommar, nor do I have any inclination to, so it's not an "act".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Read the premise and it didn't grab me. *shrug*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, we all know he wont do any serious villainous shit, so their way of marketing is dumb.
    He is killing a lot of people in the trailer, good or bad, at least there is killing

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I've not seen Midsommar, nor do I have any inclination to, so it's not an "act".
    - - - Updated - - -
    Read the premise and it didn't grab me. *shrug*
    Right there with ya.
    But I did see all 3 "Maze Runner" movies.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why not? The movie(afaik) did fairly well and is well liked. It's also been on most of the streaming services at this point.

I was also not specifically talking about people here. I constantly was seeing articles about people raving about his "glow up" and I'm like....he didn't just suddenly change unless the last time you saw him was that road trip movie where the guy had to have a fake family and smuggle marijuana over the border.

I mean, we all know he wont do any serious villainous shit, so their way of marketing is dumb.
    Pretty much my first thought, too.

What they really mean by "is this a hero or a villain?!" is "this is a hero, but they are mean sometimes". There's never any real stakes, or any real point of contention. Just some details here and there where someone might do a questionable thing or two on the way to doing something very blatantly and obviously heroic.

Why not? The movie(afaik) did fairly well and is well liked. It's also been on most of the streaming services at this point.

I was also not specifically talking about people here. I constantly was seeing articles about people raving about his "glow up" and I'm like....he didn't just suddenly change unless the last time you saw him was that road trip movie where the guy had to have a fake family and smuggle marijuana over the border.
    Because this subforum regularly thinks movies like Joker should've won best picture, instead of every other film in the category which were much better films....but not a comic book movie.

I mean, if a movie is not comic book or fantasy or science fiction, it doesn't gain much traction on this subforum. Look at the front page.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    He is killing a lot of people in the trailer, good or bad, at least there is killing
    Ye, and Venom was eating people in his promos. They can cut the trailer to show w/e.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Let's be real though, many heroes kill lots of people. You could probably do a body count for the Avengers that would make them look very heroic indeed, and that's excluding aliens which I'm sure many people wouldn't even count as people. Killing is never the problem, really, it's obvious and gratuitous killing that's not "heroic" in such settings.

You want a hero that takes not killing people seriously? Look at Vash the Stampede, who freaks out in the middle of a battle and starts giving first aid because he accidentally wounded someone more than he intended and is afraid they might die. Don't see that in Marvel movies, do you. And even someone like Batman who has kind of a "I don't kill people" thing in a lot of settings can often be seen causing wanton destruction that FOR SURE kills bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sony’s movies joined the MCU with Let There Be Carnage’s mid-credits scene.
    Sony can spin it anyway they want. They are dying to tie anything to the uber succesful MCU but I 100% bet you wont see Morbius in anything not made by Sony and considering there track record with anything not animated I hope it stays that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, and Venom was eating people in his promos. They can cut the trailer to show w/e.
    i don't remember he killing a lot of people in the trailers

still, the trailer is looking neat

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Let's be real though, many heroes kill lots of people. You could probably do a body count for the Avengers that would make them look very heroic indeed, and that's excluding aliens which I'm sure many people wouldn't even count as people. Killing is never the problem, really, it's obvious and gratuitous killing that's not "heroic" in such settings.

You want a hero that takes not killing people seriously? Look at Vash the Stampede, who freaks out in the middle of a battle and starts giving first aid because he accidentally wounded someone more than he intended and is afraid they might die. Don't see that in Marvel movies, do you. And even someone like Batman who has kind of a "I don't kill people" thing in a lot of settings can often be seen causing wanton destruction that FOR SURE kills bystanders.
    but i want then to kill people

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Sony can spin it anyway they want. .
    They're not spinning anything. I find it incredibly funny that Disney fanboys seem to detest Sony's little sharing of Spiderman.

Pretty sure he hates Sony no matter that Spider-Man was in a few mcu movies.

And I don't recall any love for DC movies either.

And even someone like Batman who has kind of a "I don't kill people" thing in a lot of settings can often be seen causing wanton destruction that FOR SURE kills bystanders.
    I might have been a little sarcastic in my earlier Batman and Robin rating but one of the things I liked about it was they actually tried to redeem one of the villains and not kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

but i want then to kill people
    Killing people is wrong. I learned that when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Well, it varies of course with what you mean by "people". Faceless alien hordes don't count as "people", for example - no problem to have the Avengers kill a couple hundred of them. Or Nazis. Nazis you can kill as much as you like, and you're still a hero.

Well, it varies of course with what you mean by "people". Faceless alien hordes don't count as "people", for example - no problem to have the Avengers kill a couple hundred of them. Or Nazis. Nazis you can kill as much as you like, and you're still a hero.
    Everyone has a face! And even if they don’t they probably have a faceless mom and dad who didn’t want their kid to join the horde.

I’m also very much a proponent of travelling back to 1919 Vienna and telling young Adolf to continue his work as an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pretty sure he hates Sony no matter that Spider-Man was in a few mcu movies.

And I don't recall any love for DC movies either.
    Yeah because anything Sony has touched regards to Marvel has been fox level bad. The only exception is the exellent Welcome to the Spiderverse. The Tom Holland stuff dosnt count as that was all Marvel with Sony begrudgingly along for the ride.

Thanks for trying to paint me as a rabid blind fanboi though when you can clearly see me singing the Synder Cuts praises or how much I enjoyed Aquaman but sure I hate anything not MCU /eyeroll

I might have been a little sarcastic in my earlier Batman and Robin rating but one of the things I liked about it was they actually tried to redeem one of the villains and not kill them.
    Well, Mr. Freeze has always been one of Batman's more sympathetic villains. He does bad things...but he does them because he wants to save his wife. If any of them could possibly be redeemed...Freeze is probably the most likely candidate. Most of Batman's other villains are unrepentent maniacs.

Though I've never understood why Dr. Victor Fries goes by "Mr. Freeze" while someone like Leonard Snart gets to be "Captain Cold". Snart, as far as I am aware, never earned the rank of Captain in any organization. C'mon Vic...you earned the Prefix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Yeah because anything Sony has touched regards to Marvel has been fox level bad. The only exception is the exellent Welcome to the Spiderverse. The Tom Holland stuff dosnt count as that was all Marvel with Sony begrudgingly along for the ride.
    That's not actually true at all. Sam Raimi's First Two Spider-Man movies were both excellent. SM 3 was, admittedly, a complete shitshow. Opinions range about TASM 1 and 2...but they are both better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X3, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Dark Phoenix.

And as for "Fox level bad" ... while they do have the stinkers mentioned above... "Logan" and "Deadpool" both say hi.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-11-03 at 10:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

yeah, he is a villain/anti-hero, he is supposed to do wrong things