10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, Moon Knight and She-Hulk teaser dropped.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the X-Men animated Series from the 90's is making a return and its picking up from when Season 5 ended in 1997. Hence 'X-Men '97'. I am excited but very nervous. X-Men the animated Series was what got me into reading X-Men and it's up there with Batman The animated Series and Disney's Gargoyles as some of my favourite kids shows growing up. I do remember that after the X-Men TAS finished it continued through the comics (titled X-Men '97) so I am not sure if they are going to go by that or carve a new path, my guess is the latter.

I just hope they keep faithful to the original cartoon.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...arvel-studios/

If you grew up as a nerd in the ‘90s, chances are you spent Saturday mornings watching the classic X-Men animated series (along with Batman: The Animated Series, and the ’94 Spider-Man show). The cartoon – with that insanely catchy theme tune – ran from 1992 to 1997 before coming to a close. But no more – because none other than Marvel Studios is bringing us Disney+ animated series X-Men ’97, continuing the legacy of that beloved show and (presumably) picking up where it left off.

X-Men ’97 was announced as part of Disney+ Day – and hilariously came via that famous Wolverine meme

Little is know about the show – other than that it’ll be coming to the streaming service in 2023, but stay tuned for any casting announcements. It’ll mark Marvel Studios’ second animated show after What If…? – the second season of which was also teased on Disney+ Day – and (as far as we know) the first confirmation of exactly what Marvel Studios will be doing with the mutant property, having re-acquired it in the 20th Century Fox takeover. Plus, joining X-Men '97 is the newly-announced Spider-Man: Freshman Year, and an animated Marvel Zombies series.

Seeing as we’re in the Multiverse now, will X-Men ’97 technically be part of the MCU now? Will it keep the original visual style of that show? (Surely yes.) And will we find out exactly what Kevin Feige’s plans are for live-action mutants? If any telepaths can look into it for us, that would be much appreciated.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't think I liked Eternals very much. There were too many flashbacks and the pacing felt all kinds of wrong. Homelander and the tentacle monster sharing villain duties kinda weakened it for me and I think they should've gone with one rather than two; either play into the murder mystery angle or play into the horror monster angle.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i missed something but there was not going to be a war machine series with Don Cheadle? because tony tech was going all over the place? still a thing or it was scrapped?

plus, aparently a daredevil show is on the works for disney+ as well

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't think I liked Eternals very much. There were too many flashbacks and the pacing felt all kinds of wrong. Homelander and the tentacle monster sharing villain duties kinda weakened it for me and I think they should've gone with one rather than two; either play into the murder mystery angle or play into the horror monster angle.
    had the same feeling about the plot/villain thing, i didn't care about the pacing, but the other rly bugged me

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Maybe i missed something but there was not going to be a war machine series with Don Cheadle? because tony tech was going all over the place? still a thing or it was scrapped?

plus, aparently a daredevil show is on the works for disney+ as well

Scheduled as Armor Wars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Scheduled as Armor Wars.
    then still is a thing right? cause i don't know why they didn't show in the event, im pretty excited for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    then still is a thing right? cause i don't know why they didn't show in the event, im pretty excited for this one.
    I think they showed the Armor Wars logo in the trailer, but just a few seconds. It's still a thing and I'm looking forward to it. They can do a lot with this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I think they showed the Armor Wars logo in the trailer, but just a few seconds. It's still a thing and I'm looking forward to it. They can do a lot with this.
    Hope so, i think don cheadle is a great actor, and i think is great they are giving a show to him and his character

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They were mostly showing stuff coming out in the next 12 months, presumably that means it’s either end of 22 or in 2023.
    but they did show things coming up in late 2024, i though they would tease armor wars too, unless it got delayed.

7+ Year Old Account
    It just hasn’t started production yet. There’s not much to update beyond they have a head writer as of August, Yassir Lester. I’m suspecting first half 2022 for it, but stuff has been pushed back slightly by covid so it may end up being second half.

And what did they show for late 2024?
    zombie thing and i guess the groot animation

unless i read it wrong, cause x-man and spider man animation was 2023

10+ Year Old Account
    https://mobile.twitter.com/vincentdo...44979954978816

Some guy rumored to have a role in some Marvel series.
    Reprising his role as Kingpin?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Ali was the best part of the first season of Luke Cage,his character getting killed off was bullshit of the highest order.
    He refused to do more than 7 eps. Death was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Reprising his role as Kingpin?
    We can only hope. Dear gods that role was done well. The series was pretty shit on the whole, but that Kingpin almost makes it worth watching.

The hawkeye TV show is peaking my interest back into marvel.

I havent actually watched anything post end game. Was tempted to watch the loki show but i've kind of burnt out a bit of superhero shit.

But something about hawkeye show has my hopes up. The die hard comparisons with action at christmas, and hailee steinfield is quite a talented actress if done right this show could be mint. I think thats a great creative choice to make a christmas themed show

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    We can only hope. Dear gods that role was done well. The series was pretty shit on the whole, but that Kingpin almost makes it worth watching.
    The serie was pretty solid overall, all things considered, no wonder people were asking for more.

it is all but confirmed that the show will come back in disney plus down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I was actually pretty disappointed in his Kingpin, lots of quirks that didn't feel right for me. The series on a whole (well, first two seasons, never did watch third) were decent, but like every streaming series it needed to be trimmed by 20% of episode count or so.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    First two episodes of Hawkeye were decent. I know nothing about Kate or the Tracksuit Mafia or anything, but the characters were fun. More dog, please.

Something about the "I Can Do This All Day" number seems familiar, like... the cadence. Can't quite place it.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://screenrant.com/hawkeye-capta...listen-lyrics/

Not sure if that helps. If not, maybe the full song will.

Thank you. I was hoping one of the comments would help me remember what this reminds me of, but no dice so far.

fakeedit: And while I was typing it, I remembered... portions of back and forth at 3:00 reminded me of Pinball Wizard.

Marvel intro with fanfare and I am biased.

Hawkeye maybe not the most exciting superhero, but Steinfeld do spice things up so it matches well. Laughed quite a few times during the two first episodes, fun stuff.

And the Tracksuit mafia, whats not to love.

I really liked the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye. It's for sure not a cosmic adventure, but I hadn't expected one, which is why I wasn't sure if I'd like it so much.
    What I liked is the almost subdued tone of the story while following Clint, like it was pointing out that he doesn't like making a fuzz, not about himself, not about anything, while being a bit funnier, louder while following Kate. It's also very christmas without being obnoxious about it (to me "obnoxious" would mean a 'Home alone' style of Christmas vibe ^^). I also thought a few times that I thought they'd crack a joke to lighten the mood in some situations, but there was no joke. A bit of lightheartedness and consolation for Clint at times with his kids, but no situations where the mood got a bit darker and someone has to yell something funny for distraction.
    The funniest bit are the tracksuit guys so far, but even they are shown as dangerous on some level. I also liked that the story meandered a bit and showed a lot more of the day to day life of non-superhero people. And dogs!
    The musical is hilarious.

I'm not sure if they'll actually show all of the New York underworld in this, because I'm under the impression they already introduced so many characters that it might get a little crowded if they have even more.
    Although I wouldn't be averse to King Pin appearing maybe once, to show there's still a bigger fish and other players that haven't been showing their hand just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hawkeye maybe not the most exciting superhero, but Steinfeld do spice things up so it matches well. Laughed quite a few times during the two first episodes, fun stuff.

And the Tracksuit mafia, whats not to love.
    They were super clear from the outset that their main inspiration was Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye in the comics, which was easily one of the best runs I've read in Marvel from the last 20 years; don't know where I'd put it in my top 5, but it's in there.

It's an amazing run, visually and narratively, and the low stakes are a major selling point for it. They're obviously having to change things up (Kate was already established before Fraction's run), but the run-down Clint Barton just trying to get through another day dealing with low-rent gangster types is hilarious and I love it. I really think the complaints all come from people who haven't read that series and have no idea what the show is going for.

I want to emphasize that this panel from early in the run (I think) is entirely unaltered; that censoring is exactly how it was printed;

The whole run is like this. It's Clint being run down and beaten around.