Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    He will be using all-black, and i doubt they will not make the maker of it, so im gonna with the safe bet, sorry
    when it comes to anything to do with symbiotes...there are no safe bets.

Saying the mcu don't pull things from comics
    Pull things from the comics, sure...but they aren't beholden to them at all. Look at the difference between comics Thanos and MCU Thanos.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Pull things from the comics, sure...but they aren't beholden to them at all. Look at the difference between comics Thanos and MCU Thanos.
    But also look at the similarities

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Source that Gorr's definitely wielding All-Black in the upcoming Thor movie?

Read the old Thor comics. Donald Blake doesn't just get the powers of Thor...he literally becomes Thor.
    At one point wasn’t he and Thor swapping places in Limbo or something? Comics are all over the map, though one thing is rarely defined: what makes one worthy? You go through the comics and (when I stopped) not many people had lifted the hammer. I remember Steve Rogers lifting it, beta ray bill of course but it seemed rare.

Thing is how many tried? Could Spider-man lift it? Silver Surfer? Hard to think of people that have a good combo of honor, self sacrifice, concern for others etc, since a lot of marvel heroes are flawed.

I read the foster-Thor storyline when I had marvel unlimited awhile back, I thought it was pretty well done. Why anyone expects the mcu to do more than take broad strokes from the comics at this point is beyond me.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what’s in the eye of agamoto now that the time stone is gone?

10+ Year Old Account
    But also look at the similarities

So, nothing, then?

If you don't have a source confirming it's what the MCU version will be, then you don't actually have anything at all to justify that claim. They've wildly changed certain characters from the comics versions. Cutting Hank Pym away from most of his comics-verse creations. The Mandarin wasn't Shang-Chi's dad. Peter Quill wasn't a half-Celestial and Ego wasn't his dad. There is no Magneto, and Wanda and Quicksilver aren't his kids. Civil War was super scaled down, and was more like a family squabble at Thanksgiving.

You can't take anything from the comics and presume it's gonna be that way in the MCU. There's no reason Gorr needs All-Black. And getting All-Black might be something they do in the background/after-credits scenes across several films as a beaten Gorr seeks a way to overcome Thor. If they even include it at all, which they really don't need to.

Just because he's a "Thor Villain" doesn't mean he has to strictly appear in Thor movies. I mean, if Thor does need help to defeat Gorr...who better to call than the Avengers? You gotta get out of the headspace that "this is a Thor movie" and "this is an Avengers movie"...they're all part of a larger whole. Anyone can show up in anyone else's movie.

Kang is an Avengers villain...the first place he showed up (kinda) was in the Loki series and the next time we'll see him is in Antman 3.
    If outside help there is, it will more likely be from Guardians. Avengers are kinda all over the place right now in the MCU, unless Multiverse of Madness speeds things up to re-assemble them (which I doubt, the movie will be packed enough to have any room to fit that aspect in there)

Are we getting the Marvel Greek Pantheon in this? Was that Zeus holding a golden lightning bolt?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    When he's not being unduly smug and/or lazy about things, I assume he's basing it on the promo stuff we've seen so far.
    Just didn't bother to engage with people like that

That's not what he said.

The MCU absolutely uses stuff from the comics, but it doesn't follow what is in those comics verbatim. They change things all the time, as evidence by all the changes within the MCU to date lol

I don't know how this is coming up yet again...
    I never said they take stuff verbatim, but they do take stuff from the comics and is asinine to say we can't expect then to do that.

Si, if Gorr use the All-black in the comics, we can expect he to be using in the move as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You think the MCU has been a verbatim translation thus far? Oh dear…
    try to quote where i said the mcu has been a verbatim translation thus far

Gosh, you do like a strawman don't you

7+ Year Old Account
    You replied to a comment that was about how the MCU doesn't follow the comics verbatim with derision. So already quoted. The MCU only loosely pulls from the comics. It has been its own thing with tons of changes.
    So the mcu do pull from the comics, glad you agree with me

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a single person has said the MCU doesn't pull from the comics. Holy shit.
    And no one said they take stuff verbatim

so what the heck are you guys on

7+ Year Old Account
    You're the one who's saying, "In the comics Gorr is only this." When this is the MCU. He can easily be a villain used in other properties we've seen..
    Except i didn't say that, i said its possible that Gorr does not become an avengers or other heroes villain, and we can expect him to be using the all-black

But keep making a strawman out of this, i already know how you guys work.

Setting aside the "I said", "You said" , "I meant", "You meant".... issue the thing is ...I don't want them to do exact adaptations of the comic storyarcs.

It would be HORRIBLE with capital H.

Apart from being two different languages ,the filmic and the comic, so there's things that work in one and not in another I just don't want to know the story. This could work for Dune or Harry Potter but in the MCU is quintaessential that the viewer has a general picture but the details are a surprise.

Every-single-one of us knows how End Game ends: Thanos is defeated but it would be catastrophic that we know a priori how and when and every detail.

No please no...give us Rune King Thor ( yeah please...and grow a fucking beard) but never ever do a verbatim version of the comic story.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Gorr the god butcher"

What in the flying fuck, this look awful
    aren't they doing reshoots currently because of this exact reason?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

No please no...give us Rune King Thor ( yeah please...and grow a fucking beard) but never ever do a verbatim version of the comic story.
    I agree with ya, people are just asking reasons to fight here, in fact, there are a few things i think the MCU handle a lot better than the comics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    aren't they doing reshoots currently because of this exact reason?
    Maybe? i don't know the state of the movie, just that got delayed and the trailer delayed even more

I don' know if they will reshot with the merchandise already going on, but could be the reason why he wasn't in the trailer

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Except i didn't say that, i said its possible that Gorr does not become an avengers or other heroes villain, and we can expect him to be using the all-black

But keep making a strawman out of this, i already know how you guys work.
    You seem to enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you literally said he ISN’T an Avenger’s villain. Stop waffling now.
    Is he?

ayyyy lmao

He can be, but atm he isn't.

Read the old Thor comics. Donald Blake doesn't just get the powers of Thor...he literally becomes Thor.
    I was under the impression Donald Blake was Thor already. When he transformed he was just becoming his true self.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I was under the impression Donald Blake was Thor already. When he transformed he was just becoming his true self.
    That's a retcon.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm very curious as to whether the other coffin in that room might be another personality that is locked away. We've had hints of a third. I don't know Moon Knight super well, but is there a chance the other rooms also have other coffins, that could also house personalities?
    Moon Knight is supposed to have a third personality, with boxing background, a taxi driver, (if im not mixing with another), i think the name is Jake, maybe it was him who killed the guys before.

He prob ahve more, but i don't think he will see then.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-20 at 07:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Could Spider-man lift it?
    I can’t remember where but at one point it was stated that spiderman couldn’t lift the hammer because he wasn’t willing to kill that to be worthy you had to be willing to make that choice.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.