The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Could Spider-man lift it?
    I can’t remember where but at one point it was stated that spiderman couldn’t lift the hammer because he wasn’t willing to kill that to be worthy you had to be willing to make that choice.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We’re definitely going to see the third personality. No way they don’t after hinting at him for 2 episodes like this.
    He's probably how they get out of here, and probably has some information on this kind of nonsense. And is probably under heavy guard, as a result. I imagine he's probably something like Khonshu's "shock troop", the guy who gets pulled out for the REALLY crazy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Consider me super interested in seeing where they take this. Especially after this obvious cutie showed up at the end lol

I'm very curious as to whether the other coffin in that room might be another personality that is locked away. We've had hints of a third. I don't know Moon Knight super well, but is there a chance the other rooms also have other coffins, that could also house personalities?
    That's Taweret, goddess of fertility, regeneration, rebirth and rejuvenation of the dead. Probably important
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Yeah, she's probably gonna bust them out of Duat as a favor to Khonsu. And then the 3rd personality gonna get barbaric on the cultists.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Consider me super interested in seeing where they take this. Especially after this obvious cutie showed up at the end lol

I'm very curious as to whether the other coffin in that room might be another personality that is locked away. We've had hints of a third. I don't know Moon Knight super well, but is there a chance the other rooms also have other coffins, that could also house personalities?
    The existence of this is almost an interesting coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never been a huge fan of the Jane foster Thor comic, but of all the big switch things they did around 2015 - 2018, Foster Thor was one of the better ones, (with X-23 as Wolverine being the best in my opinion). My girlfriend was big into the Jane Foster Thor run she is very curious if the MCU will go down the whole Cancer route, which would be pretty cool if they do.

Foster Thor always had the same impact as Thor did, never liked their solo stuff but always loved when they were with other people. Like the Avengers or making special appearances. I doubt this show will make me see Foster Thor any differently only that I thought it was pretty cool seeing her in live action form and looking very faithful to the comic.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-04-22 at 10:59 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    she is very curious if the MCU will go down the whole Cancer route, which would be pretty cool if they do.
    STRONG doubts. In the comics, Foster's cancer diagnosis was established way before the Thor arc, so they got to get into cool ideas like "Having the Power of Thor means she can withstand her cancer, but it also blasts all poisons out of her system, including her chemotherapy drugs, so Foster's temporarily fine while she's holding the power but it's actually killing her faster". In the MCU, she's basically just a girl Thor kinda had a thing with for a bit. Her friend Darcy's practically more relevant to the MCU right now than Foster is, until whatever's going on in Love and Thunder happens. If they wanted to do the cancer bit, they'd have to spend all the time in this film to establish the cancer, give it to settle in for the audience, and then give her the hammer, and that's A> too rushed, B> will fall flat because we've all seen her Thored up already in the teasers/trailers, and C> is a LOT of time spent on Foster in a movie that sure seems to have a lot going on that doesn't revolve around her, specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Moon Knight is supposed to have a third personality, with boxing background, a taxi driver, (if im not mixing with another), i think the name is Jake, maybe it was him who killed the guys before.

He prob ahve more, but i don't think he will see then.
    Yeah, In the comics, Moon Knight's "main" personalities have been Mark Spector(the badass mercenary, and usually the one in control when he's actually in costume as Moon Knight), Steven Grant(the rich Bruce Wayne style playboy), and Jake Locksley(a cab driver, frequently used for unobtrusive recon and intel gathering). Sometimes there are others, depending on writer, but those 3 have been his main personas through most of his runs.

7+ Year Old Account
    This episode was real good and nuts

ITs a bummer that we still didn't saw Jake fully, with the others, he appear briefly when they sedated him, but thats it, i though for sure they needed to open his sarcophagus to balance the hearts...

Also rip Steven for now.

Should have made more episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This episode was real good and nuts

ITs a bummer that we still didn't saw Jake fully, with the others, he appear briefly when they sedated him, but thats it, i though for sure they needed to open his sarcophagus to balance the hearts...

Also rip Steven for now.
    Yeah, I was thinking that the 3rd personality would show up and save them from the undead dudes and balance the scales. RIP Steve. You're probably right he'll come back but we'll see.

Signature Created by Jassinta

concering Moonknight

I kind of think it wasn't Steven who got 'killed', but Jake. Steven freaked out and I think that is also how Jake started existing when they were young. Jake is the one who takes over when Steve is pushed over the limit, like on the ship when he bashed the dead guy's "skull" in with the bat.
    I also strongly doubt that whoever it really was that got pulled over the rails is actually gone. The three are one and the same person and if one survives, all of them do. Maybe that personality isn't able to take over against the others' wishes anymore in the future or something like that

7+ Year Old Account
    And, i ahve to praise Oscar Isaac for his acting this show, dude is doing amazing making the two distinct personalities and voices, he wa son fire this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that the 3rd personality would show up and save them from the undead dudes and balance the scales. RIP Steve. You're probably right he'll come back but we'll see.
    I though that too, which make me questions, why they didn't, it would make perfectly sense to why the scales never set

Now i wonder how the hell they will wrap this one with one episode left, and for sure its going to be another season, i think its prob the best show yet on top with the falchon and winter soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    New footage from Multiverse of Madness released.

So it’s been confirmed that certain screenshot is Captain Marvel and we got footage confirmed Captain Carter. So what if…? Is canon and that isn’t Tom Cruise as Iron Man.
    What If? was always "canon", just not Sacred Timeline canon. Even in the comics, the What If? stuff was always happening somewhere, in some generally-unspecified timeline. The multiverse is so wacky that you get universes like Earth-8311, where Spider-Ham is from, where everyone is like Spider-Ham; Looney-Tunesy animated anthropomorphic animals. Earth-8311's universe is just as "canon" as any other, from an outside perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    concering Moonknight

I kind of think it wasn't Steven who got 'killed', but Jake. Steven freaked out and I think that is also how Jake started existing when they were young. Jake is the one who takes over when Steve is pushed over the limit, like on the ship when he bashed the dead guy's "skull" in with the bat.
    I also strongly doubt that whoever it really was that got pulled over the rails is actually gone. The three are one and the same person and if one survives, all of them do. Maybe that personality isn't able to take over against the others' wishes anymore in the future or something like that
    I think there's some more-important factors that are implied, and stated outright, but in ways that aren't immediately obvious what they're actually saying;

First, Steven "died". I doubt it was Jake because they've shown no ability to "switch" while in this space. But regardless, that's not what's IMPORTANT What's IMPORTANT is that they A> had a heart, to be measured, and B> could "die", separate from Marc.

This is the (an) afterlife. We're not talking about BODIES, we're talking about SOULS. If Steven was just a figment, he wouldn't be "real", and we'd be dealing with one (broken) soul. But apparently, Steven can "die" in an afterlife where souls get consumed, and he got embodied separately as well. Maybe it's Khonshu's meddling, but I think Steven dying means this isn't just mental illness. There'd just be the one heart on the scales, if that were the case.

Second, and this is particularly freaky given the above; they made a really big deal about the moment Marc "imagined" Steven into existence. If Marc could "imagine" Steven into existence once, HE COULD DO IT AGAIN. Admittedly, apparently did, with Jake, but we don't have a full reveal on that yet. What if this next time wasn't an accidental outcome of trauma, but an intentional choice? It's a hell of a lot easier in this space to see Steven as "real", given that they could actually hug each other.

Also, regarding Taweret: She's a childbirth/fertility goddess. It's kinda weird as hell she's manning the ship to the Afterlife. I think we can assume Anubis got statued at some point and someone had to step up, but why Taweret, specifically, in terms of this particular narrative? But, we've got a dude who's "birthing" new identities out of his own head. Seems like the kind of thing she might actually have some influence over. But that's a way deeper dive and assumes there's some greater meaning other than "super cute hippo-girl CGI".

7+ Year Old Account
    There is so much footage around that we can already predict the entire movie.

There was one confirming it will be called "illuminati", and Mordor supreme, Captain marvel and Xavier will be leaders, i doubt there isn't going to be an iron man version with so many ultron bots going around, and i don't think is ultron-vision

I fully agree. Others have tried to argue a lot of this kinda thing isn’t canon though. Being in an MCU film fully shuts down their argument.
    Well, Canon is tricky.

Captain Carter is Canon to that Universe, Canon to the Multiverse, but not Canon to any specific universe other than the one in which she originates.

Sort of like Andrew and Tobey's Spider-Men.

Maguire's Spider-Man universe is designated Earth-96283 and Garfield's Spider-Man is from Earth-120703. So all the events from their individual film series are canon to those specific universes and to the multiverse as a whole... but not to Earth-199999 specifically (The MCU's "main" universe).

By the same logic, everything that has happened in Earth-616 is also canon to the Multiverse. Hell, there's even universes where both Marvel and DC characters co-exist...so, technically, one can even consider DC to be Marvel Canon and vice-versa.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, regarding Taweret: She's a childbirth/fertility goddess. It's kinda weird as hell she's manning the ship to the Afterlife. I think we can assume Anubis got statued at some point and someone had to step up, but why Taweret, specifically, in terms of this particular narrative? But, we've got a dude who's "birthing" new identities out of his own head. Seems like the kind of thing she might actually have some influence over. But that's a way deeper dive and assumes there's some greater meaning other than "super cute hippo-girl CGI".
    That is similar to what I was thinking. She is reading off of cards, as if she is new to the job. To me, it felt like she is a stand in, or temp due to Anubis being either busy, or something worse like you mentioned.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I have no clue how they are supposed to resolve everything in only one episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I have no clue how they are supposed to resolve everything in only one episode.
    They might . . . not? Maybe this is one of the cases where they're planning on multiple seasons, like Loki. Maybe S1 of Moon Knight is everything going to hell, as we've seen, followed by Harrow "winning", but Marc coming to terms with himselves, ready for Round 2 as a now-freed Ammut starts gearing up for the apocalypse. S2 could open with a now-focused Marc/Steven/Jake triumvirate cooperating consciously to get Khonshu released so they can get back to work.

All the above is rampant speculation and thus I'm not putting any of that in spoilers.