10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Really hyped about the news regarding DareDevil, especially that it will be a continuation and not a reboot
    Wait. Have they announced it's a continuation and not a reboot? I've only heard reboot. If it is a continuation then that is indeed excellent news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Wait. Have they announced it's a continuation and not a reboot? I've only heard reboot. If it is a continuation then that is indeed excellent news.
    Don't see why it would be a reboot; the Netflix shows were all part of the MCU and referenced things like Loki's attack on New York.

Call me jaded but the whole Daredevil coming back is like someone's made a cursed Monkey Paw wish.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyAngel12 View Post
    Call me jaded but the whole Daredevil coming back is like someone's made a cursed Monkey Paw wish.
    Why? Because it might not be as good? That risk is always there for any show. Even just from season to season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, I’m talking about the app. Or did you miss that? And even with the website it wasn’t something in the US until recently. You saying they only “activated it” instead of adding it is you refusing to admit you were wrong. It’s the same thing. GL with that.
    This all started talking about the streaming service, so excuse me if I stuck to the original point I was talking about. You didn't mention the app​ until the last couple posts.

Super excited about the 'She Hulk: Attorney at Law' angle, somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance. Will definitely watch it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Super excited about the 'She Hulk: Attorney at Law' angle, somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance. Will definitely watch it anyway.
    99.99% sure she never looked like the Hulk. Just a tall green woman.

Well, I guess I can't say "never." Just not usually. I wouldn't be surprised if there were times that she hulked-out more in the decades that the character has been around.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-05-21 at 03:52 AM.

somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance.
    Isn't that established She-Hulk canon? She always just gets taller and slightly more buff, nowhere NEAR the extreme transformation of Banner's Hulk. Seems entirely in line with the material.

The design isn't really the problem. The quality of the CGI is. In many places the trailer makes her look like she stepped right out of Shrek, straight from 2001 and all.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Isn't that established She-Hulk canon? She always just gets taller and slightly more buff, nowhere NEAR the extreme transformation of Banner's Hulk. Seems entirely in line with the material.

The design isn't really the problem. The quality of the CGI is. In many places the trailer makes her look like she stepped right out of Shrek, straight from 2001 and all.
    I wouldnt expect end game level CGI when the disney show slate looks like this

Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-05-21 at 04:00 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    IIRC, the baseline Shulkie is marginally stronger than baseline Hulk, but Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, and Shulkie doesn't (in her standard form; all Hulks have variants). The standard way Shulkie "gets stronger" is that Walters starts hitting the gym; the She-Hulk transformation multiplies Walters' natural strength, so if Walters gets jacked, She-Hulk gets JACKED. But she mostly never really hits the limit where that starts to matter, so it wasn't a major thing for most of her comic arcs.

There's something uncanny-valley about it. It may just need a lighting pass or something, though.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    99.99% sure she never looked like the Hulk. Just a tall green woman.

Well, I guess I can't say "never." Just not usually. I wouldn't be surprised if there were times that she hulked-out more in the decades that the character has been around.
    I suppose so. I admit I am posting from a point of ignorance. I was just expecting someone at least somewhat more hulky. Like at least half of the at least more serious female lifters on our team are more developed, myself included, so from my perspective, the physicality seems rather underwhelming, like just kind of green, blown up Tatiana Maslany. I was definitely expecting someone to look like, significantly developed, if not to the full extent as Hulk. If that's true to the comics, then it's totally understandable though.

I was definitely expecting someone to look like, significantly developed, if not to the full extent as Hulk.
    /shrug
    When it comes to female comic book characters, how jacked they look rarely correlates to their strength. Rogue, Jessica Jones, Cap.Marvel, the various Spider- people, etc. They mostly look like normal (by comic book standards) women...who can throw cars at you.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-05-21 at 05:34 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Read it somewhere, dont take it at 100% though. But it seems Most likley

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I understand copyright laws, what I don't like is the ethical use of what is the equivalent of dragging mans corpse around and playing with it...
    They could simply not use it. The idea being Lee's heirs were going to sell it no matter what, so buy it and just let it sit,

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wouldnt expect end game level CGI when the disney show slate looks like this

If I was in a coma n just woke up, that would look like a list for...cartoons... not something worthy of becoming actual tv shows..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If I was in a coma n just woke up, that would look like a list for...cartoons... not something worthy of becoming actual tv shows..
    To be fair cartoons would have more longevity :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That would suggest a continuation to me. New season elsewhere, but picking up where the Netflix series left off. Same as something like Lucifer having 3 seasons and then moving to Netflix for a new one that just carries the story on.
    Based on Hawkeye's version of Fisk, "new yet continued" sounds about right. They'll probably alter their design and behaviour, but unless stated otherwise, their story and past encounters are canon, if mostly irrelevant.

They won't say that he decapitated someone once with a car door, nor will we see him do it again, but they won't say that such a thing hasn't or would never happen either. They won't say that he smashed his father's head with a hammer, but they might allude to him having an abusive childhood and having dealt with it, stuff like that.

Daredevil doesn't need to be superdark or violent to work (unlike, say, Punisher), so I'm not too worried about the show being ruined just because it's "cleaner", but it needs to be well written to prove itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They won't say that he decapitated someone once with a car door, nor will we see him do it again, but they won't say that such a thing hasn't or would never happen either. They won't say that he smashed his father's head with a hammer, but they might allude to him having an abusive childhood and having dealt with it, stuff like that.

Daredevil doesn't need to be superdark or violent to work (unlike, say, Punisher), so I'm not too worried about the show being ruined just because it's "cleaner", but it needs to be well written to prove itself.
    I seriously do not understand where you people get the impression that Disney's gonna force shows or characters to be less violent. They are under absolutely zero obligation to tone things down. If they wanted to put out a TV-MA version of Daredevil, they could with absolutely zero problems. And talking about Fisk's history wouldn't even push things up to that level; we just had Moon Knight where they talked about Bushmaster massacring a group of archaeologists and shooting his own friend (Marc) in the gut for trying to stop him, and that was rated TV-14.

This is the same Disney that backed most of Tarantino's earlier films, up through Kill Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That would suggest a continuation to me. New season elsewhere, but picking up where the Netflix series left off. Same as something like Lucifer having 3 seasons and then moving to Netflix for a new one that just carries the story on.
    That's exactly how It's going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Hawkeye and Moon Knight turned out to be pretty average shows, so I don't really have high expectations for this one. Maybe it will surprise me. /shrug

In case anyone was tempted to take you or that channel seriously...

Says about all anyone would need to know, tbh. All it's missing is a Brie Larson thumbnail.
    Soon as I saw it I knew. That guy was such a troll in an Alien horror fansite, and went on to harass users and even viewers from his channel claiming he had lawyered up. Hard pass.