Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Super excited about the 'She Hulk: Attorney at Law' angle, somewhat unimpressed with her non hulky appearance. Will definitely watch it anyway.
    In the comics she was never as bulky as the Hulk. Way more jacked supermodel than power lifter. Recently they have made her much more bulky but in that form she loses a lot of the control she normally has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    IIRC, the baseline Shulkie is marginally stronger than baseline Hulk, but Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, and Shulkie doesn't (in her standard form; all Hulks have variants). The standard way Shulkie "gets stronger" is that Walters starts hitting the gym; the She-Hulk transformation multiplies Walters' natural strength, so if Walters gets jacked, She-Hulk gets JACKED. But she mostly never really hits the limit where that starts to matter, so it wasn't a major thing for most of her comic arcs.
    I don't think thats correct. Her powers seem to work the same way as Banner. She's just way more mentally stable than Banner, thats why she was in she-hulk form 24/7. Lately in the comics she's having a lot more turmoil. I think that's why she goes back and forth from human form and bulky She-hulk form instead of being in the middle at all times.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Marvel is so insanely bad & for small kids compared to DC comics & Watchmen especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If I was in a coma n just woke up, that would look like a list for...cartoons... not something worthy of becoming actual tv
    Animation is just a medium to tell a story, it can just give you liberties that live-action cannot. There's ton of animation (past and present) that blows out the storytelling and presentation that the phase 4 MCU is putting out. Heck, there's better animated stories that Disney put out decades ago compared to the soulless garbage they're putting out now.

I'd be more concerned about the volume, as it's obviously going to affect the quality to some degree. I mean you can tell from the CGI in much of the recent Marvel shows that there's a toooon of cut corners, and other aspects of the shows demonstrate cut corners and/or things being rushed to release. While Covid may have had an impact of some of these aspects, a good showrunner and producers can work around that to put out great media. Some of the greatest and/or very influential movies have been productions that had tons of things go wrong, including budget issues, strikes, actors leaving or dying, extensive rewrites/reshoots, weather impacts, and so forth. If there is to blame to be had, it's with the corporate side of Marvel

From the information that gets leaked or even put into interviews, all these shows (and even the movies) are heavily controlled by corporate producers to where they'll even tell their directors they can't control certain aspects (such as fight scenes) of the production. Akin to Dr. Strange 2, the more info that gets published, the more we realize that Raimi didn't have nearly as much control as a director would want to have. It's no secret that there's 'checklists' of things that need to happen, ranging from X amount of fight scenes per episode to more agenda-driven dribble that corporate says needs to be in there. If you want to be a director or writer for Marvel content right now, when corporate producers tell you to jump you need to be thankful and ask how high to jump... or you're out. Basically, everything that's wrong with Marvel right now isn't the fault of the actors or the source material, it's corporate Marvel itself.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Hawkeye and Moon Knight turned out to be pretty average shows, so I don't really have high expectations for this one. Maybe it will surprise me. /shrug

In case anyone was tempted to take you or that channel seriously...

Says about all anyone would need to know, tbh. All it's missing is a Brie Larson thumbnail.
    I thought Moon Knight was pretty great. It was a fun show, with some interesting concepts. Hawkeye was very average/low stakes, but I kind of liked that it was. It was basically 'What if Marvel did a Hallmark 'Can they do x in time for Christmas?' movie', and that also made it fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest difference from shehulk and hulk is that shehulk doesn't have "split personality/identity", there is two(and sometimes more) people living inside banner, Bruce and Hulk, shehulk is just Jennifer.

Could be wrong, but even in the recent hulk comics that i read, with shehulk looking a lot like hulk(like big Neanderthal looking) she still herself, just losing control by rage, and not by another entity.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    /shrug
    When it comes to female comic book characters, how jacked they look rarely correlates to their strength. Rogue, Jessica Jones, Cap.Marvel, the various Spider- people, etc. They mostly look like normal (by comic book standards) women...who can throw cars at you.
    they at least have powers though, when we go to that realm, we don't need then being jacked. But the old cartoon rogue was thick enough to say she was jacked, Cap marvel too, something i rly liked in her design from what if and doctor strange, she looking rly tall and bulky.

New Thor trailer

"The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

7+ Year Old Account
    Gorr look 100% awful and nothing like the comics.

The whole arc will be different it seems, but i hoped they at least made him right, the all black is terrible too.

Rly don't know how they will pull this off.

Maybe I'm racist against white people but Christian Bale really made me think of Jared Leto's Joker in this trailer. Really wish he had a more alien look to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

The whole arc will be different it seems, but i hoped they at least made him right, the all black is terrible too.

They changed him because Voldemort ruined things for everyone

10+ Year Old Account

The only significant changes from the comics is that he has a nose and doesn't seem to have the two-tentacle hair thing.

Which is fair, because Comics Gorr looks like Voldemort if he were a Star Wars Twilek.

Gorr's story is also not a single outing in the comics. I wouldn't expect to get "I've killed all the gods but you, Thor, and now I'm building the Godbomb to kill all gods in all timelines forever" Gorr in this film. He could easily be a recurring villain, even a major teamup villain down the line, with Love and Thunder just serving as an introduction, basically.

As long as we're getting something along the "Thor and a bunch of 9th Century Vikings kicked his ass and cut off his arm and sent him packing" Gorr lines, I think that's totally fine.

It's all about taste.

Some people would have prefered this ...

Meanwhile I think this is perfect...

From the different images we can see how Gorr evolves ( remember his quest for erasing gods out of existence span over millenia) from the almost human albino to a more darker, scarred,fucked up version suggesting the biomatter from the Necrosword is consuming him.

Some remarkable points in my opinion.

1. Was a god? Korg is telling a tale and he states:"He was no ordinary man.He was a god". Why the past tense? Are they saying something here? Maybe it's just the tale usual tense....maybe it's not.

2. Mjolnir is fragmented and that seems to be Jane's gimmick with the hammer: we can see how it can shoot multiple projectiles and then reassembly.

3. Third appearance of the Living Tribunal after Loki and Strange.Sooner than later ( I predict sooner) the Abstracts will show their infinity asses.

4. No Rune King Thor nor his grandaughters. I really really hope they are saving him for a surprise moment because I have already grown a beard.

5. I have a more dramatic vibe than "Ragnarok" from the trailer....I don't know maybe I'm reading too much but I predict big consequences.

Conclussion: looks great. Waititi have my full trust in delivering a worthy movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been really impressed by any MCU movie post-End Game but this one might be the one that impresses me most. Maybe because I am such a Thor mark.

alos I am still bummed they killed the Warrior Three in Ragnarock. I would have loved to see them again

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    It's all about taste.

I am absolutely fine with it, and with Bale behind him, he'll act his chops off to make him more memorable than he looks, so whatever. Plus some of those shots in the trailer with him in looked terrifying, in one shot he looked like the Nun form the Conjouring movies lol.

Also I been hearing Knull may be in this movie?
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-24 at 09:43 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    Meh...doesn't feel like it's the same director..

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Also I been hearing Knull may be in this movie?
    Who knows? Maybe?

There's some hints but it really means shit.

In the trailer we can see Gorr coming out symbiote matter and that confirms with no doubt this is the All-Black he is wielding and that symbiotes are in the movie ( they were already in the MCU after No Way Home but now we know they are in this particular film in some way).

The Ebony blade already appears in the Eternals and that sword is fabricated out of a Necrosword fragment. The Ebony Blade whispers you......

In the war against Celestials Knull kill and decapitates a Celestial.That Celestial head is already in the MCU: Knowhere.

But if I have to pull an speculation out of my ass ( and I don't have to but I will) when Knull has created his army of symbiotes and is spreading love over the universe Thor severes the link Knull has with his creatures and they rebel imprisoning him in a planet made out of symbyote mass , freeing them from his control.This is how the the Klyntar race is born( in his language means "Cage").
    In the trailer we can see scenes where Thor is battling Gorr in a dark small deserted planet in a colorless setting and he stick the sword in the ground creating a wave of energy that spreads across the surface so ......is this planet the cage Klyntar's created for Knull?
    Is Gorr trying to free Knull? Is Knull the unexpected Surtur of "Love of Thunder"?

As I said, this means nothing... they are dots that connected form a figure but the same dots with different lines show a different image so only the One Above All knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only significant changes from the comics is that he has a nose and doesn't seem to have the two-tentacle hair thing.

Which is fair, because Comics Gorr looks like Voldemort if he were a Star Wars Twilek.
    he is completely different, though, so no, those are not the only significant change.

Gorr's story is also not a single outing in the comics. I wouldn't expect to get "I've killed all the gods but you, Thor, and now I'm building the Godbomb to kill all gods in all timelines forever" Gorr in this film. He could easily be a recurring villain, even a major teamup villain down the line, with Love and Thunder just serving as an introduction, basically.
    He could, but there is no way of knowing that, and especially after what they did to hella and malekith i would not put any hopes up.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all about taste.

The second one is just a gray human, it takes away all the alien vibe he had.

4. No Rune King Thor nor his grandaughters. I really really hope they are saving him for a surprise moment because I have already grown a beard.
    Nope, taking acount the other thor movies, they will tell a compltely different story with the same elements, like they will make valkerye and jane his granddaughters and he as the only thor.

I also don't know why they will put valkyrie there, if she was suppose to lead new asgard, i think it will only cut focus from jane and thor.
    5. I have a more dramatic vibe than "Ragnarok" from the trailer....I don't know maybe I'm reading too much but I predict big consequences.
    It will be hard to be more dramatic than asgard destruction and a lot of his people dead.

My hopes is Gorr at least kill zeus and the greek pantheon

It will be hard to be more dramatic than asgard destruction and a lot of his people dead.

It just seems like there's a lot of different elements, so I wonder how much time each gets. Sure, 15 minutes to get Thor back into shape and doing whatever, then 15 minutes of setting up Foster, since I guess there's no mystery of who she is. Introduce Gorr, introduce Olympians, kill Olympians, Thor learns a valuable lesson about friendship, kill Gorr, movie done with no real impact?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

5+ Year Old Account
    1st picture just makes him look like another one of Thanos underlings from infinity war...or a fleshy version of dr.doom, or sceletor...

Agree on 2nd picture though.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Introduce Gorr, introduce Olympians, kill Olympians, Thor learns a valuable lesson about friendship, kill Gorr, movie done with no real impact?
    Kill Olympians? I hope not. Hercules and Thor would be a good buddy god movie I’d like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It just seems like there's a lot of different elements, so I wonder how much time each gets. Sure, 15 minutes to get Thor back into shape and doing whatever, then 15 minutes of setting up Foster, since I guess there's no mystery of who she is. Introduce Gorr, introduce Olympians, kill Olympians, Thor learns a valuable lesson about friendship, kill Gorr, movie done with no real impact?
    Mate.....lol.....we can do that with every single MCU movie.

Ragnarok: 15 minutes Thor dethrones disguised Loki, 15 minutes Odin dies, Hela is released and the bros are sent to Sakar. Introduce Gladiator Hulk,introduce Grandmaster, escape from Sakaar, Thor learns a valuable lesson about what Asgard really is ( the people),release Surtur and kill Hela......and movie done.

And it adds all the Christian Bale vibe he has now. Nothing wrong with completely anthropomorfic aliens ( the MCU is full of them: Gamora,Drax, the whole Kree Race, Collector, Grandmaster, Xandarians,Asgardians,Yondu,Mantis....)

Look I see your position regarding this but my opinion is that excesive prosthetic leads to ....

Once you have recovered from remembering this shit I must say:Top 5 Worst design for a comic character ever.....still gives me the chills of how bad they made it.

My position ,on the other side , is: if you are gonna go full alien you need a CGI character, you need Thanos , so this is either almost human or CGI but the middle term of make-up and 45 tons of prosthetic is a call for disaster.

If you are suggesting that ( CGI) well....I prefer Bale trying to be scary than a CGI of Bale trying to be scary and , as opposed to Thanos, the character can perfectly fit in a human bone structure.

Nope, taking acount the other thor movies, they will tell a compltely different story with the same elements, like they will make valkerye and jane his granddaughters and he as the only thor.

I also don't know why they will put valkyrie there, if she was suppose to lead new asgard, i think it will only cut focus from jane and thor.
    Marvel Studios doesn't do adaptations. Marvel Studios does inpirations. Beyond the fact that film and comics are two different languages it would be cathastrophic if we know the whole argument of the film because it's a verbatim translation of an existing comic.

This is something that after 15 years we all should have already accepted: Marvel Studios is never ever ever gonna repeat a comic storyarc. Never. This is always going to be a "compltely different story with the same elements" because there's no other option.

Well ,I have my theories that could at some point intersect with the spoiler concept. I can be ( and probably am) wrong but if I'm right this is game changing for Thor and Asgard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel Studios doesn't do adaptations. Marvel Studios does inpirations. Beyond the fact that film and comics are two different languages it would be cathastrophic if we know the whole argument of the film because it's a verbatim translation of an existing comic.

This is something that after 15 years we all should have already accepted: Marvel Studios is never ever ever gonna repeat a comic storyarc. Never. This is always going to be a "compltely different story with the same elements" because there's no other option.
    Honestly, it goes deeper.

Adaptation as a field absolutely requires changes from the source material. What works to communicate something in one medium does not directly translate to another. Books to film are the obvious example; books often need to spend a great deal of time describing setting, where a film can just splash the image on the screen and it's all there instantaneously. The book will also almost inevitably be unclear about every detail, meaning everyone's mental image of what is being described will be different to some extent, and any film production is going to create a single image of the same thing that all viewers will have to accept; it is literally impossible for any film to accurately capture every reader's mental image of a character/setting/etc on-screen in a way that is satisfying to every single fan. And expecting them to is absolute self-defeating folly, and demonstrates that the one complaining either really doesn't understand how disparate media even function, or is so deeply narcissistic they think their interpretation of a source is the only interpretation.

Imagery is the obvious shift, but this extends to pacing, to dialogue (internal monologues very often can't translate to film very well, unless that internal monologue is the central "thing" to the story), to how they transit from scene to scene, to how many minor details film can capture that written word simply won't, ever, and so on. Plus, some things just get tropey and silly over time, especially if it gets copied repeatedly by later works, and just repeating it in a new medium without reflection makes your product look hokey and dumb.

What Marvel's doing is recognizing all of that, and not making the mistake of trying to do direct translations. If it'll work on-screen (costume design, often), it often translates, if it's a challenge, they don't even try. And even with what translates; can they improve on that, somehow, in a way that's more in-keeping with their prior films and where they want the larger narrative to go?

And heck; with the MCU in particular, we need to recognize these are not niche genre films. They're massive blockbusters. The biggest film franchise in history, with the widest audience appeal ever achieved. They are vastly more popular than the source comics, and that broader audience is the target audience; if faithfulness to the comics will interfere with that broader appeal, obviously they're going to go another way.

Adaptation doesn't just mean there's a potential for change. It fundamentally and absolutely requires change, and fighting that for the sake of remaining "faithful" more often just means you're deliberately making a bad adaptation, by not respecting the medium you're adapting into or not understanding the difference between the two forms of media in question.