7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    No, he can stretch his body in various ways.

Ms. Marvel can straight up alter the dimensions of her body.

Mr. Fantastic is ultimately limited by how much mass he possesses, Ms. Marvel on the other hand can alter her mass so aside from stretching her body she can also make herself as big as a building or as small as an ant.
    I may be confusing with another unvierse or other male character, but i could sworn is aw mr fanastic as tall and wide as a building once.

Even then who cares if the powers are similar, it's their background and personalities that make them unique. That's why we can have so many different Spidermen running around.
    Spiderfolk, like other examples, would still be related in some way. I can see this as one of the reasons they decided to change.

Honestly, i think the way they look in the series more unique

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Which makes no sense. Sure her powers a similar but I imagine it's the way they are different and how she generally uses them is what would make it hard to adapt. Her powers work better in animation, in live action it would just look weird.
    I think that part of it was to give her powers that bring her more in line with Captain Marvel.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I may be confusing with another unvierse or other male character, but i could sworn is aw mr fanastic as tall and wide as a building once.
    Yeah and that's elasticity. No matter if he is 6 foot or 50 foot the mass is the same : the mass of a regular human ( so less density ...so less strength the more he stretches).

The common misconception is thinking Kamala's power is elasticity. Her power is actually morphogenics: the ability to change the shape of the body. Kamala is a shape changer so if we are gonna look for a overlap it would more with Mystique or the Skrulls than Richards. It's an special case of morphogenics where she can add/substract mass from future/past version of herself ( more mass more strength) so her iconic giant fist is actually time travelling but in the end its morphogenics ( wich allows her for example to change her appearance and becoming someone else or even an inanimate object).

Think of her in a Mystique that can adquire aditional mass to shape change bigger shapes.

Now I fully understand , for the average viewer , all these technicalities are largely irrelevant...it doesn't matter fuck: people are gonna still perceive her as the elastic girl so yeah it can be one of the reasons in fact...do you notice that I mentioned 4 reasons but listed 3? Yours is the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I think that part of it was to give her powers that bring her more in line with Captain Marvel.
    Yeah, as I said I still think this is the main reason: to make her look like one of (incoming next yers) "The Marvels".
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2022-06-06 at 08:30 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    just finished episode 1 of Ms Marvel. solid episode, loved the callbacks ("next week I'm gonna kick off a special two part series on why I think Thor is secretly a gamer" and "there is no smaller Hulk") in particular. can't wait to see the rest of the series

That was a very fun first episode. I hope they can keep it up.

I just watched those recent It movies the other day, and you don't know how glad I am that they didn't go for the over-the-top bully trope with her school-mate interactions.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-06-08 at 08:57 AM.

Really digging the cinematography. It's quirky without being too on the nose. Well executed.

The family dynamic is also much better than I expected, it's nuanced and colorful but not blatant. I was afraid they'd mess that up but they didn't.

Not sure yet where the story is going, of course. This is my biggest worry: that it'll just sink into the usual I'm-a-fresh-and-insecure-superhero tropes from top to bottom. Too early to tell, and maybe they'll do something fresh. Who knows.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Solid first episode for Ms. Marvel. Some really nice camera work, and they clearly got the aesthetic down.

This is another 6 episode run, right?
    yeah 6 episodes, and then we have to wait for The Marvels to see Kamala again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Really digging the cinematography. It's quirky without being too on the nose. Well executed.

The family dynamic is also much better than I expected, it's nuanced and colorful but not blatant. I was afraid they'd mess that up but they didn't.

Not sure yet where the story is going, of course. This is my biggest worry: that it'll just sink into the usual I'm-a-fresh-and-insecure-superhero tropes from top to bottom. Too early to tell, and maybe they'll do something fresh. Who knows.
    I didn't get that vibe from Hawkeye (talking about Kate Bishop) and yeah I don't think (hope) we'll see that here.

Enjoyed the first episode quite a lot, though I felt the CGI with her power towards the end was a bit dodgy. I'll have to see more of that to decide how I feel about it, but the characters and their interactions were excellent. Fantastic acting by everyone involved.

We have not actually finished Hawkeye yet because it presented a similar character trope as Ms. Marvel that we don't particularly enjoy: the "everything is fun and games" attitude of the younger heroes, that comes off as very immature for their ages. We felt the same way about Tom Holland's Spider-Man, though I'm hoping that losing May will straighten that out as he never had the loss of Uncle Ben that every other Spider-Man has had. I hope there's a slap of reality for Kamala at some point in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Enjoyed the first episode quite a lot, though I felt the CGI with her power towards the end was a bit dodgy. I'll have to see more of that to decide how I feel about it, but the characters and their interactions were excellent. Fantastic acting by everyone involved.

We have not actually finished Hawkeye yet because it presented a similar character trope as Ms. Marvel that we don't particularly enjoy: the "everything is fun and games" attitude of the younger heroes, that comes off as very immature for their ages. We felt the same way about Tom Holland's Spider-Man, though I'm hoping that losing May will straighten that out as he never had the loss of Uncle Ben that every other Spider-Man has had. I hope there's a slap of reality for Kamala at some point in this series.
    The CGI part was just a couple of seconds overall so no judgment there.
    Overall though a solid first episode of a unknown character and I look forward to the next episode, I hope that they follow this line because it's a fun show. A solid 7-8 for setting up the main characters and her family.
    Last edited by ati87; 2022-06-09 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what started out as . 'this looks very dull and boring' from watching the trailer to 'this is actually pretty good' by watching the show. Very surprised. Its not perfect but its very colourful and different, and good perspective that doesn't feel forced or contrived either, helps when you have people behind the scenes on this show that actually know what they are doing.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-09 at 12:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    MCU fatigue has slowly been creeping up on me, but Ms. Marvel Ep.1 had a fun energy. I liked what they did with animated background elements when Kamala and Bruno were texting or talking about suits. It was nice getting a small taste of a different culture. The family dynamic was solid, and gave me over-protective mom PTSD. The special effects for Kamala's powers weren't very special.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just to start that whole argument off again lol

MS. MARVEL STAR IMAN VELLANI DOESN’T BELIEVE THE MCU IS EARTH-616
    she's wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    she's wrong.
    You can tell by how there's apparently two different Kamala Khans in Earth-616 who both go by Ms. Marvel and have similar backgrounds but wildly different sets of powers.

I mean, they can't be the same character, because their powers are different. So you've gotta be claiming there's two of 'em, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    she's wrong.
    Yes, and no.

It is depends on who is defining it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    MCU fatigue has slowly been creeping up on me, but Ms. Marvel Ep.1 had a fun energy.
    I think that's where I am. NWH and MoM both contributed heavily to this feeling, but even though I really enjoyed Ms. Marvel episode 1 the next day I just thought to myself that I'm pretty much done with it, it's just too much. I haven't finished Hawkeye or started Moon Knight and I'm wondering why I should. I think I'm actually preferring the way DC is starting to just do solo films that I can invest in and be done.

The last thing I watched was Loki, I did one episode of What If? and haven't done any Marvel since then. No Shang Chi, no Black Widow, no NWH or MoM, I'm just exhausted of the whole universe.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I think that's where I am. NWH and MoM both contributed heavily to this feeling, but even though I really enjoyed Ms. Marvel episode 1 the next day I just thought to myself that I'm pretty much done with it, it's just too much. I haven't finished Hawkeye or started Moon Knight and I'm wondering why I should. I think I'm actually preferring the way DC is starting to just do solo films that I can invest in and be done.
    DC is reportedly looking to again try to replicate the MCU formula though after the Discovery merger. The Flash will provide a soft reboot, Dwayne Johnson keeps hyping up Black Adam crossing over with Superman (played by Cavil), and Wonder Woman in the future, Black Adam crossing over with Shazam is all but guaranteed, The Flash will be a pseudo Flashpoint soft reboot to weed out the bad, also starring Supergirl, and TWO Batman, and Batgirl will also feature Keaton Batman. That's a lot of universe building for "we're going to focus on solo movies." Sure, they'll still do Joker 2 and The Batman 2 in their own solo universes, but seems like they're going to try to do both.

I don't get the whole MCU fatigue. I don't put any pressure on myself to watch EVERYTHING. I just watch it because I enjoy it. I'm looking forward to Thunderbolts because Falcon & Winter Soldier did a good job introducing a lot of its characters. Looking forward to seeing Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, and Ms. Marvel show up in a future Avengers movie, or West Coast Avengers. When I was a kid, I was lucky to get ONE superhero movie an year in the 90's. Now I have a whole universe, no way I'm going to get tired of it, I'm going to get drunk and high on that shit, then pass out, wake up and consume MORE superhero movies and shows. They're certainly not the only thing I enjoy (horror being up there along with sitcoms, Star Wars and anything that is good fantasy) but I'm nowhere near being sick, nor do I foresee becoming sick of it. I'm looking forward to watching Avengers vs. X-Men 10 or so years from now. Yeah, you know it's coming.

Also still got my fingers crossed Rogue is the villain in the Marvels and puts Captain Marvel in a coma. She really deserves it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can tell by how there's apparently two different Kamala Khans in Earth-616 who both go by Ms. Marvel and have similar backgrounds but wildly different sets of powers.

I mean, they can't be the same character, because their powers are different. So you've gotta be claiming there's two of 'em, right?
    Again, comic Earth-616 =|= MCU Earth-616. Different mediums. Different multiverses. How many times do we have to repeat it 'till you get it?!

- - - Updated - - -

We adapt the comics; it’s not an exact translation,” Kevin Feige tells Empire. “[Kamala] came about in a very specific time within the comic-book continuity. She is now coming into a very specific time within the MCU continuity. And those two things didn’t match.” The new origins for Khan’s powers looks set to be part of the journey of the show. “What we will learn about where those powers come from, and how they come about, is specific to the MCU,” Feige teases. “You will see great comic splash panels in some of our action sequences. If you want big, giant hands and arms, well they’re here in spirit, if not in stretchy, plastic-type ways.”
    https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news...ige-exclusive/

Read for yourself, I really hope this ends the annoying debate once and for all.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Again, comic Earth-616 =|= MCU Earth-616. Different mediums. Different multiverses. How many times do we have to repeat it 'till you get it?!
    Repetition doesn't make untrue statements true.

The universe numbers have always covered all​ marvel properties; comics, cartoons, games, live-action films. The MCU is canonically Earth-199999.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The last thing I watched was Loki, I did one episode of What If? and haven't done any Marvel since then. No Shang Chi, no Black Widow, no NWH or MoM, I'm just exhausted of the whole universe.
    do you think that's because there's just too much of it or is it coming down off the Endgame highpoint which, let's face it, they could've stopped the MCU right then and there. or is it because at the moment they seem to lack direction a bit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Repetition doesn't make untrue statements true.

The universe numbers have always covered all​ marvel properties; comics, cartoons, games, live-action films. The MCU is canonically Earth-199999.
    when was the MCU earth referred to as Earth-19999 in the comics? or the games? it is perfectly fine for there to be two Earth-616's - one in the comic universe, which has absolutely no bearing on anything in the cinematic universe, and one in the cinematic universe, which has absolutely no bearing on anything in the comic universe. Just because some intern wrote that it was Earth-19999 in some book that was published before they even conceived of doing the Multiverse doesn't make it so. it was definitively stated in the MoM movie that it was Earth-616