Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    totally forgot about that, good point since the team is named after him. Maybe they'll introduce Red Hulk, you dont need William Hurt for that, maybe they can cgi him in as Hurt for half of a show or movie, then have him be a full CGI red Hulk, its a way of recasting him but having him be a different person at the same time. chapter 11?
    Ya...In 1996, Marvel was forced to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcyafter the comic book industry started to collapse in the ’90s. After tense legal battles and struggles to pay back creditors, the company was salvaged in 1997 and merged with Isaac Perlmutter’s Toy Biz.

The "Osbourne" rol , the boss pointing at targets is gonna , surely , be Countess Valentina ( wich I absolutely loved to show up in the MCU because Veep is the best comedy of the decade).

I guess she's gonna be the funny mirror of Amanda Waller or ,maybe , not funny but not scary either.

Zemo on the other side being the schemy little bastard that he is probably gonna play the rol of the member of the group that see through Madame Hydra bullshit and end up making his owns plans inside the group official plan.

But anyway the set up for both the Dark Avengers, I mean the Thunderbolts and the Young Avengers is the one that I would have liked : filling the absence of an Avengers group whose future and composition is an mistery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ya...In 1996, Marvel was forced to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcyafter the comic book industry started to collapse in the ’90s. After tense legal battles and struggles to pay back creditors, the company was salvaged in 1997 and merged with Isaac Perlmutter’s Toy Biz.
    I know that I just wasnt aware it was called chapter 11 :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You don't think Marvel have had anything that was decently written in the last 26 years?
    On that note, I'd rather they do something like Nextwave than Thunderbolts. Low-rent "heroes" with massive personality problems (like Captain &*#@, whose name was so offensive and unpublishable Captain America kicked the shit out of him for it once), being micro-managed by Monica Rambeau in basically the same stage she's at in the MCU right now, originally funded by a government agency that turned out to be evil so they stole their flagship and spend the rest of the run chasing down the UWMDs their former employer cached around the USA before they kill too many people.

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous and lampoons everything and everyone. In Warren Ellis' own words; "It's an absolute distillation of the superhero genre. No plot lines, characters, emotions, nothing whatsoever. It's people posing in the street for no good reason. It is people getting kicked, and then exploding. It is a pure comic book, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. And afterwards, they will explode"

Maybe don't bother with the "Agents of H.A.T.E" stuff, or make H.A.T.E a Kang plot or something for greater tie-in to the MCU. Unlike, say, Suicide Squad, the tone is less "the situation is super serious but we crack jokes and act silly", and is more "the situation is fucking ridiculous and we're all assholes but it's played overly-straight to the point of hilarity".

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You don't think Marvel have had anything that was decently written in the last 26 years?
    I've said it before that what followed after was pretty much hit or miss with me. I really like that first "Annihilation" series. Seeing Super Skrull, Ronan, and Firelord in one pic...I couldn't put it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for storylines/events I have enjoyed over the last 20 years in Marvel

Craig Kyle and Chris Yost's X-Force run/Necrosha
    Peter David's X-Factor Run (2005 - 2009)
    Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire
    War of Kings/Realm of Kings
    New X-Men/Children's End
    Chaos War
    Dark Reign
    Annihilation (as mentioned)
    Planet Hulk
    Avengers Arena
    Avengers: Standoff

I will admit a lot of these are in the 2000's and early 2010's. With Avengers Standoff and Avengers Arena being the only event or storyline in the 2010's thats kind of sad. I do feel Marvel's stories are severally lacking. and a lot of their big events are all hype and little substance. I never enjoyed any of the Civil War stories, I hated X-Men v Avengers and X-Men v Inhumans, I hated Secret Invasion although I liked the premise of how it started, World War Hulk wasnt bad I but it wasnt that great either. Fear Itself felt pointless, Secret Empire was once again an interesting start but suffered throughout and felt way more dragged out that needed to be, House of M I'll be honest I never liked that much either.

Marvel's best events or stories are those that feel more contained and are less hyped about

7+ Year Old Account
    Sam Raimi confirmed that the universe of Defender Strange is Earth-617 - which is awesome

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._according_to/

As for storylines/events I have enjoyed over the last 20 years in Marvel

Craig Kyle and Chris Yost's X-Force run/Necrosha
    Peter David's X-Factor Run (2005 - 2009)
    Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire
    War of Kings/Realm of Kings
    New X-Men/Children's End
    Chaos War
    Dark Reign
    Annihilation (as mentioned)
    Planet Hulk
    Avengers Arena
    Avengers: Standoff

I will admit a lot of these are in the 2000's and early 2010's. With Avengers Standoff and Avengers Arena being the only event or storyline in the 2010's thats kind of sad. I do feel Marvel's stories are severally lacking. and a lot of their big events are all hype and little substance. I never enjoyed any of the Civil War stories, I hated X-Men v Avengers and X-Men v Inhumans, I hated Secret Invasion although I liked the premise of how it started, World War Hulk wasnt bad I but it wasnt that great either. Fear Itself felt pointless, Secret Empire was once again an interesting start but suffered throughout and felt way more dragged out that needed to be, House of M I'll be honest I never liked that much either.

Marvel's best events or stories are those that feel more contained and are less hyped about
    I loved Hickmans reboot of the X-Men (House/Powers of X) aswell as the X of Swords event. I really hope they are basing the MCU 616 mutants on that. Just imagine if they start with this bomb:

Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-06-23 at 01:03 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Sam Raimi confirmed that the universe of Defender Strange is Earth-617 - which is awesome

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi..._according_to/

I loved Hickmans reboot of the X-Men (House/Powers of X) aswell as the X of Swords event. I really hope they are basing the MCU 616 mutants on that. Just imagine if they start with this bomb:
    [/IMG]
    I need to get back to reading X-Men again but I have been hearing mixed things about Hickman, I didn't enjoy his Avenegrs run so I am feeling very cautious going in :P

I am personally more a traditionalist, I like the classic X-Men formula, and would prefer that in the MCU to be based on that, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-23 at 01:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I need to get back to reading X-Men again but I have been hearing mixed things about Hickman, I didn't enjoy his Avenegrs run so I am feeling very cautious going in :P

I am personally more a traditionalist, I like the classic X-Men formula, and would prefer that in the MCU to be based on that, but we'll see.
    Yeah, but to be fair we got the classic X-Men formula already via Fox (for good or worse). The MCU has shown to not re-hash stuff that was done before, and I think House of X would be a quite elegant way to handle the mutants going forward. Just say they hid on Krakoa for now and we are good to go (I'm really not a fan of the idea that mutants would come via the multiverse).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I personally dropped Xmen after the A Vs X story line as I hated the direction of the story post schism went with them diverging so hard from Prof X Philosophy and leaning increasingly into magnetos.

Decided To give Hickman’s line a chance and over all I still hate the main story direction with mutant separatism but the micro Storys have been good enough that I’ve been reading all 7-10 series they are putting out minus X corp.

The over arching story feels heavily like one big event building up to prof X magneto and mora being the ultimate bad guys and all of the various teams/characters slowly waking up to finding that out.

Over all So far id say it’s worth the read (through unlimited I wouldn’t buy them) though I’m really hoping all of it leads to them going back to there roots and trying to live with humans not above them.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Classic means First Class of classic means Giant Size X-men? Because I think the former will be a terrible mistake. One of the reasons the First Class did not get traction is that , for an phenomena that is supposed to affect the whole planet , every single x-men turns out to be white and american. Sure it can be reasoned:"No, Xavier just reached the ones near him" but anyway readers were completely uninterested in how uncanny they were.

The second Genesis portrays way better the surge of Homo Superior. Irish,Japanese,Canadian,Native American,Russian, Kenyan,German...now I really feel the X-Gene. Some people will rage ( and-I-don't-care-at-all) but the truth is X-Men succeed as a series when diversity was introduced.

So my ideal roster for the MCU would be kind of Claremont's: Cyclops, Grey, Wolverine, Colossus,Nightcrawler, Storm and Pryde.

And yeah I know your favourite X-Men is missing ( not you you...you in general)..."DUDE....you can't let X out!!! it's so cool!!" but this is gonna happen anyway. I'm a big fan of Sage and a) there's zero chance we see in her in the first batch ( or the 2nd or the 3rd..) b) the only depiction of her in TV/Movies is that abomination called "The Gifted"....so ...many will be missed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I personally dropped Xmen after the A Vs X story line as I hated the direction of the story post schism went with them diverging so hard from Prof X Philosophy and leaning increasingly into magnetos.

Decided To give Hickman’s line a chance and over all I still hate the main story direction with mutant separatism but the micro Storys have been good enough that I’ve been reading all 7-10 series they are putting out minus X corp.

The over arching story feels heavily like one big event building up to prof X magneto and mora being the ultimate bad guys and all of the various teams/characters slowly waking up to finding that out.

Over all So far id say it’s worth the read (through unlimited I wouldn’t buy them) though I’m really hoping all of it leads to them going back to there roots and trying to live with humans not above them.
    As a huge Magneto fangirl, I can't see what's wrong with the mutants leaning more into his philosophy though. See what you did, Michael Fassbender.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Classic means First Class of classic means Giant Size X-men? Because I think the former will be a terrible mistake. One of the reasons the First Class did not get traction is that , for an phenomena that is supposed to affect the whole planet , every single x-men turns out to be white and american. Sure it can be reasoned:"No, Xavier just reached the ones near him" but anyway readers were completely uninterested in how uncanny they were.

The second Genesis portrays way better the surge of Homo Superior. Irish,Japanese,Canadian,Native American,Russian, Kenyan,German...now I really feel the X-Gene. Some people will rage ( and-I-don't-care-at-all) but the truth is X-Men succeed as a series when diversity was introduced.
    Throw me into the “original team is boring” category. X-Men could exist in MCU right now simply because they are a hidden school and that’s it. They legit are teaching people to control powers and stay out of everything. They come into the MCU because the older students know Iron Man died, Captain America is gone, and they want to help. Their intro is so easy without doing some convoluted universe melding nonsense. So much of this can write itself with the themes of the X-Men staying intact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

So my ideal roster for the MCU would be kind of Claremont's: Cyclops, Grey, Wolverine, Colossus,Nightcrawler, Storm and Pryde.

And yeah I know your favourite X-Men is missing ( not you you...you in general)..."DUDE....you can't let X out!!! it's so cool!!" but this is gonna happen anyway. I'm a big fan of Sage and a) there's zero chance we see in her in the first batch ( or the 2nd or the 3rd..) b) the only depiction of her in TV/Movies is that abomination called "The Gifted"....so ...many will be missed.
    I mean giant size X-Men would be a good start for the MCU what with all the diverse cast. :P

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Throw me into the “original team is boring” category. X-Men could exist in MCU right now simply because they are a hidden school and that’s it. They legit are teaching people to control powers and stay out of everything. They come into the MCU because the older students know Iron Man died, Captain America is gone, and they want to help. Their intro is so easy without doing some convoluted universe melding nonsense. So much of this can write itself with the themes of the X-Men staying intact.
    That’s hopefully how they will do it. My only question is if they include say Magneto how would they get around the fact that he should be about 100 since he was born in the late 20’s early 30’s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    That’s hopefully how they will do it. My only question is if they include say Magneto how would they get around the fact that he should be about 100 since he was born in the late 20’s early 30’s
    They can either say he ages slower, or have him be frozen in time like Captain America (which would be dumb imo). Or they could de-age him like in the comics.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it may just be time to retire the character, for this reason.

The only other way to go, IMO, would be to find some way to do a time-skip. Maybe keep the WWII and death-camps origin, but when his powers are expressed, the Nazis (or even Hydra) start experimenting, he almost destroys the complex, but they manage to tranq him and put him into a coldsleep cabinet and hide it away, with the idea that he's too powerful to waste by destroying, but they hope some future generation can develop the tech necessary to pull that off.

50 years later, whatever was powering the cabinet finally fails, triggering the automatic release. It's 1994, and Magneto's still 12 years old (or whatever), the trauma still as fresh as yesterday, but now awoken into a confusing future that uses the Nazis as pop-culture villains but without any real understanding. If you're still setting it at the current MCU era which is what, around year 2025 right now or something? Magneto would biologically be in his mid-40s, an easy point IMO to start the character and give him a strong potential run in the MCU as he ages up from there. The time-skip would add to his anger and emotional disconnect, and you've still got the past 30ish years of growing up for him to have made friendships with the likes of Xavier. And weirdo Nazi/Hydra tech is already a known "thing" in the MCU, so it ties right into the current lore.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    As a huge Magneto fangirl, I can't see what's wrong with the mutants leaning more into his philosophy though. See what you did, Michael Fassbender.
    Magneto’s philosophy has far to much unrepentant murder and race superiority for my liking, as a anti hero or the dark member on a team he works fine but when you have characters with higher morals start to take in the same way of thinking you start to lose me.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Options.

A) Completely ignore the trauma. Worst option possible because being an holocaust survivor is quintaessential to the character and his hate for Homo sapiens: he is a direct witness of the horror men can unleash.

B) Slower aging associated to the X-Gene.

C) Alternate dimension/Time travelling. Everything is possible in the multiverse!! Most would hate it ...but everything is still possible!! Take him from E-813? ( the MoM Illuminate universe) or take him from E-10005 ( yeah Michael Fassbender) and see the forums burn.

D) Magneto? Who is this Magneto you are talking about? Is he some distant cousin of En Sabah Nur?

E) Magnus Lehnsherr. The title stands....the son continues the legacy.

Now based on history I think they will go for:

F) Change the trauma. Nick Fury is not a WWII veteran ( but Vietnam's). Frank Castle is not a veteran of Vietnam ( but Afganisthan). "Luckily" the XX century is not precisely out of genocides so they can go kind of the route Wanda and Pietro (his sons/not sons) went: you fucked Sokovia , now we fuck you.