10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I understand that if it was jane foster butt-naked, twitter would have a meltdown n screech cancellation.
    Let me guess; you think Blazing Saddles was celebrating white supremacism, don't you? You're seriously this incapable of grasping satire?

10+ Year Old Account
    'for the audience' you meant to say the female gaze, while eating grapes, that is very sexist n objectifying af
    You wouldn't handwave this thing if the roles were reversed.

Except this scene here is applied for comical purposes not sexualization. The naked form in itself is not sexualization its how its used in context. Nuance and intention should be recognised here.

Also male gaze is fine, no one is complaining about taking away women looking sexy. They still exist. They are just asking for some respect and control when its done.

Also lets not forget that Thor: Ragnarok is directed by a man here, not a woman. How many movies with women being badly sexualized are directed by woman?

Please stop watching grifting man children on youtube and think and educate yourself please.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-26 at 03:19 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I understand that if it was jane foster butt-naked, twitter would have a meltdown n screech cancellation.
    Again technically not marvel, but we had stuff like this for years and there was no mass screeching.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Again technically not marvel, but we had stuff like this for years and there was no mass screeching.

To be fair, atleast both of these made sense with the background of these characters, and atleast for Mystique it wasn't done as a "lol butt joke".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    To be fair, atleast both of these made sense with the background of these characters, and atleast for Mystique it wasn't done as a "lol butt joke".
    In mystique's case sure but for Su its obviously just a fan service scene that doesn't add any thing else much like the thor one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

In mystique's case sure but for Su its obviously just a fan service scene that doesn't add any thing else much like the thor one.
    The Fantastic Four one felt out of place to me, but it was a different internet back then. I'm sure someone complained about it, but we didn't have to discuss anything.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The Fantastic Four one felt out of place to me, but it was a different internet back then. I'm sure someone complained about it, but we didn't have to discuss anything.
    While I’m sure the amount of people who complained are above zero I’d also be willing to bet there are more people upset about thor and it being a double standard then ever cared about the older movies doing the same to woman.

While I’m sure the amount of people who complained are above zero I’d also be willing to bet there are more people upset about thor and it being a double standard then ever cared about the older movies doing the same to woman.
    Hard to judge, everything is the end of the world nowadays. Outside of a couple places on the internet, I've heard nothing about Thor's ass.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Taron Egerton confirms he is in talks with Marvel about playing young Wolverin.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think that's a very weird or bad choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Haha I wouldn't call him "young" Wolverine" but rather "616 Wolverine". But yeah, would be awesome to have a WW2 story with Cap and Logan teaming up as an introduction to him. Could even introduce the Alpha Flight there.

Speaking about a canadian superhero team - I really hope they introduce more country specific teams next phase. Thunderbolts for America (already confirmed), Excalibur für Great Britain (just give me Betsy as Captain Britain), Big Hero Six for Japan (I saw the movie yesterday and I would love a MCU take on them). Not sure how to handle the Winter Guard with the current political climate though. Maybe make them clearly independend of russian goverment or even have them fight corrupt people there? Actually, that would be quite good .... send the Red Guardian!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

There is no young Wolverine.

Logan sprang fully formed from a bottle of beer that fell onto an ashtray. An adamantium ashtray.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's been rumored and fan-cast for the part literally for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Don't think that's a very weird or bad choice.
    I'd say the same. In fact, I already did:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Egerton would be a decent choice for Wolverine.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The point is that the people who screech about 'the ewul male gaze!' are very silent about the thor scene, hypocrite much?
    Clearly you don't know what you're talking about if you're so ignorant that you can't tell the difference between men (or women) finding humor in their own bodies vs men exploiting women to entice other men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Logan sprang fully formed from a bottle of beer that fell onto an ashtray. An adamantium ashtray.
    So he got his looks from his dad's side, eh? I'll let you decide whether you think the beer or the ashtray is the "dad".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

did you forget about l'il Jimmy Howlett? :P

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I have no doubts there many actors in conversation with Feige to land the role but yeah, I think Egerton is maybe one step ahead of the rest right now

Over the years the rumors has pointed out to Scott Eastwood,Luke Hemsworth,Charlie Hunnan...and many more (some quite weird like Daniel Raddclife).

In the end the big elephant in the room is that the perfect cast is already in the MCU. He is a superstar, he has the attitude for the character , he has the phisique....and the best proof of his fit is that I don't even have to tell you who I'm talking about: you know it.

But if we can't have him I'm perfectly fine with Egerton ( him and Hunnan were my favourites for the rol).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I have no doubts there many actors in conversation with Feige to land the role but yeah, I think Egerton is maybe one step ahead of the rest right now

Over the years the rumors has pointed out to Scott Eastwood,Luke Hemsworth,Charlie Hunnan...and many more (some quite weird like Daniel Raddclife).

In the end the big elephant in the room is that the perfect cast is already in the MCU. He is a superstar, he has the attitude for the character , he has the phisique....and the best proof of his fit is that I don't even have to tell you who I'm talking about: you know it.

But if we can't have him I'm perfectly fine with Egerton ( him and Hunnan were my favourites for the rol).
    I actually can't figure out who? The MCU casts are perfect and we have no one who could play Wolverine right now. Also I would prefer new characters played by people who are not "superstars" already. They should play the character, not themselves.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-04 at 09:47 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I actually can't figure out who? The MCU casts are perfect and we have no one who could play Wolverine right now.
    I honestly can't imagine who this obvious choice is supposed to be, either. Ryan Reynolds? Charlie Cox? Tom Hardy? Sebastian Stan? None of them seem like they'd be a perfect fit, but they're about the closest I can think of off the top of my head.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I honestly can't imagine who this obvious choice is supposed to be, either. Ryan Reynolds? Charlie Cox? Tom Hardy? Sebastian Stan? None of them seem like they'd be a perfect fit, but they're about the closest I can think of off the top of my head.
    Yeah and all of them are already *perfect* in the roles they play. No way they should play Logan instead of their current character.

#TEAMGIRAFFE