Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    RNG is RNG, thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lince View Post
    RNG is RNG, thread?
    Not even. This is a person who is complaining about not getting the strongest item in the game within a week of accepting the quest. RNG is indeed RNG, but OP is whining about the average.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Not even. This is a person who is complaining about not getting the strongest item in the game within a week of accepting the quest. RNG is indeed RNG, but OP is whining about the average.
    Yeah, this. It isn't even like he's been on the Titan Runestone part for more than a month (which would be shitty RNG with today's drop rates). He is complaining after not getting it after one week. Seems silly, expecting a legendary after a weeks worth of "work" (if you can even call it that).
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get at least two per week if you are trying. Stop complaining, it was worse before the guaranteed Lei Shen drop.

I just finished my 3rd cloak and Runestones weren't bad (did it in 4 weeks). I'm on my 4th cloak now though and Secrets of the Empire are the real bitch of the process. I'd rather they nerf the Secrets to something like 10 at this point and increase the Trillium Bars to 80 or something.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Secrets and forgetting to cap ToV are there worst part.

On my pally i did ToT and SoO got 8, the next day on Wed i got the rest 4, so i consider myself lucky.

But man on my shammy, first i've got 3.
    Second week i went into ToT, out of 6 bosses i've got 5. Then went into SoO, did 4 bosses ( First wing + Nazgrim), got 3, and that puts me to 11/12 with 3 bosses to kill..
    Soooooo...yeaaaaaah 3 bosses didnt dropd any, so i have to wait for tomorrow to get it..

TL;Dr : RNG is a b*tch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I got to 6/12 runestones yesterday, thanks to Lei Shen. Not a bad run I suppose. It is just odd that almost no bosses dropped any this week, in either ToT or SoO. A common occurrence?

In any case, my Prot Pally is resilient and at ilvl 539, so I'm still happy about that. I've also got stuff to occupy me 'til next week; the 90-boosted Shammy, pet battles (I'd like to down Lil Oondasta someday), and my unexplained desire to finish all those unfinished quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I'd like to down Lil Oondasta someday
    I beat his ass with Lil'bling, Pierre and Rascal Bot. It's like the trio was MADE to beat Lil'Oondasta.

Deleted
    I experienced some randomness here with my shaman the last 3 weeks.
    week 1: 3 stones from Leishen, Sha + 1 random
    week 2: same again
    week 3: SoO LFR 1, 4/4 titanstone (lol kinda lucky), 1 from Leishen and 1 from Iron Qon.

So i guess 3 stones per ID might be a good average.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    Yeah, this. It isn't even like he's been on the Titan Runestone part for more than a month (which would be shitty RNG with today's drop rates). He is complaining after not getting it after one week. Seems silly, expecting a legendary after a weeks worth of "work" (if you can even call it that).
    A week?

Like, what?

You realize that the minimum possible time to go from 90 to the cloak is 6 weeks, right?

[edit] And that's with hilariously good RNG the entire way through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the cloak on 3 toons...... working on 3 more atm.
    Last toon getting it needed 2 weeks for the titan runestones.
    The toon I most actively push atm for it, needed 3 weeks to get the Secrets.
    Another one needed 4 weeks for the Sigils.
    It's all in the RNG.

I don't agree with the drop rate being horrendous. It balances itself out over a variety of toons, and it's certainly easier today to get through the item collection quests in the raids, than it was in the beginning. The extension of drops onto other raids can definitely be felt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I beat his ass with Lil'bling, Pierre and Rascal Bot. It's like the trio was MADE to beat Lil'Oondasta.
    Yes, there's a few teams that can smoke Lil Ondastas ass.
    Wowhead or Warcraftpets have always valuable information handy to fine tune ones combos.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-03-13 at 01:46 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I've made 5 cloaks now, and in the process of finishing the last two, I had a run of over 30 straight bosses without a drop aside from the guaranteed ones. Never saw anything close to that kind of drought on the first three.

RNG happens, and sometimes it hurts, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    ^This. And now it is even EASIER than it was before when you didn't have Siege released for additional chances at dropping. You don't have a better chance at Ashes of Al'ar. Don't expect to get handed a legendary in a week or two. This is already the easiest legendary to obtain in the history of the game, since you aren't even required to RAID to get this legendary. Just wait a few weeks and get your welfare legendary.
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...2/19789999.jpg

If it was welfare, we'd have gotten food-gear stamps to use. Just because it wasn't a 1% drop to get it from Illidan doesn't mean it's automatically given to every person who makes a new character and lines up at the soup kitchen in Orgrimmar/Stormwind
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post

If it was welfare, we'd have gotten food-gear stamps to use. Just because it wasn't a 1% drop to get it from Illidan doesn't mean it's automatically given to every person who makes a new character and lines up at the soup kitchen in Orgrimmar/Stormwind
    It's welfare because there's no reason not to have it after 3-4 months. It doesn't take skill or dedication. If you do any raiding whatsoever you will get it. It's a stupid chore and in no way "legendary."

Quote Originally Posted by jmarsiglio View Post
    It's welfare because there's no reason not to have it after 3-4 months. It doesn't take skill or dedication. If you do any raiding whatsoever you will get it. It's a stupid chore and in no way "legendary."
    So you're telling me, I just have to afk in shrine and in 6 weeks I'll have a cloak? Get over yourself, it does take dedication. You can do the drops in any difficulty of raiding so there can be a challenge. I didn't do LFR for any drops on my Main, just heroics and normals. You're correct in saying it doesn't take skill to gather things at an RNG drop but for some to kill the bosses over and over each week it does take dedication.
    Stream: Gurkalicious

Deleted
    I got 7 runestones now, of which 6 were guaranteed drops. There is RNG, but you are guaranteed to get it within 6 weeks, so its not too bad.

Deleted
    Week 2 of the quest and I am currently on 5, only 3 more weeks at this rate T_T

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post

The legendary cloak is the biggest welfare item ever added to the game. 28 item levels higher than anything else you can currently get and every "raid" portion of the chain can be completed in LFR which is full of people afking or in a 50/50 mix of ungemmed/enchanted PVE and PVP gear. Even those people will have one soon enough. Hell, you don't even need to kill Garrosh, not even on LFR! That's because some people are so bad they couldn't get that done, but they want them to have the cloak to they don't have to listen to the "wah I didn't get a legendary" tears that flow every xpac.

They might as well just drop one in your mailbox once you renew your sub for 4 consecutive months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    The legendary cloak is the biggest welfare item ever added to the game. 28 item levels higher than anything else you can currently get and every "raid" portion of the chain can be completed in LFR which is full of people afking or in a 50/50 mix of ungemmed/enchanted PVE and PVP gear. Even those people will have one soon enough. Hell, you don't even need to kill Garrosh, not even on LFR! That's because some people are so bad they couldn't get that done, but they want them to have the cloak to they don't have to listen to the "wah I didn't get a legendary" tears that flow every xpac.

They might as well just drop one in your mailbox once you renew your sub for 4 consecutive months.
    Wow, bitter much? It's a time sink, it requires a lot more effort than a lot of previous legendaries and I could reverse that lil'bitchy statement on you by saying you don't need a guild to carry you to it. You really need to get a grip.

I've been there. I've been in those progression guilds (even led raids for a spell) where we all work so hard to get one guy his shiny. And then what? Nothing. You get nothing. He gets an item he immediately goes and PVPs with. Wow, big whoop. What the fuck is the point? The satisfaction of helping a guild member obtain something that was obsolete before even using it? Bah. Legendaries didn't even become useful until LK and even then the second one was obsolete right away.

There's no prestige to a legendary. It just means your guild liked you. Or you didn't hop to another guild. Or your head is so far up your own ass you can smell what was for dinner last night. There has never been skill involved until solo missions during the quest (which I think came during Shadowmourne first?). There's never been a HC or Heroic only Legendary. There, have, however, been plenty of HC only weapons, mounts and armor items. THOSE require skill.

This one was a quest. A time sink, but an ACTUAL FUCKING QUEST. So what if it can go to everyone? I have all three my monk can use. I have three other toons I plan on equipping with it as well. One I made last week! This is the first one done right. It focuses on a quest, is actually USABLE in the final tier of content. Think for a second, what would be the point of needing to kill Garrosh since he is the final boss in the game currently to obtain a power boosting item YOU CAN'T EVEN FUCKING TRANSMOG?

THERE WOULD BE NO POINT.

That is, unless you're one of those dick-waving idiots that links a Thunderfury in trade chat every so often, in which case you have my pity.
    Last edited by Teebone; 2014-03-14 at 03:23 PM.