Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I sold a couple. One to a guildie for 20K prices were around 22-25 at the time. I sold two more at about 24K. I stopped creating them because the market had dropped and too much supply out there and demand was low. I know I was late to the party though. I made only one panther to sell. Sold for about 24K. Too little profit for the risk. I bought the onyx for 50K myself since that was cheaper than the mats.

The problem with high-price mounts is that people who are transferring servers are limited to 50k per character, so folks who are gold capped will usually buy up all the epic mounts they can on their server, since they are a relatively stable asset, and sell them. Usually they're willing to take a bit of a loss for the convenience of not having to pay 25 real-life dollars to move another 50k, hence why you see the JC panthers selling for basically the Orb prices and such. Sky Golem is just the latest mount to suffer from this, made worse by the fact that the price is not actually "fixed" since the Jards is a cheap daily cooldown.

In your case, you'd be better off selling the craft and not the finished product. People on my server are charging 8-10k for the mount and the buyer provides the Living Steel.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-03-13 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    The price is low because alot of people are selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Kor'Kron Juggernaut going strong for 450 000. Black Qiraj Battletank I spammed for years offering 1,5 Millions until someone legit who was selling it came around. So it always depends which Mount.

OT: Sky Golem is still several thousand Gold Profit for maybe five Minutes of Work, if that is a problem then you have unreasonable expectations. Or maybe you are Clever girl and want to stockpile some of them for next Expansion if you think that they are undervalued at the moment.
    Yeah I'd like how you get a "legit" Black battle tank considering it doesn't appear on the BMAH. Buying/merging others accounts is against the ToS so I'm not so sure there is any legit ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    My decision of jumping in when the market was just new, was the best. Sold 2 Sky Golems for 75k gold each, then it died down.. Now I just do trades. Basicly, give me all Ghost Iron and/or trillium to cover the craft price, and then some gold pr. cooldown (normally from 100 to 300 pr. CD). The golem is a trade off, really. If you just do the cooldown everyday (I have 5 engineers dong it) and then offer the trade off if people want it. Ask for the mats, a fee for the CD and a TIP, more simple income.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Had two engineers making them for day one, sold one for 100k, and one for 60k. Saw two on ah for around 40k, bought them both and flipped them for 55k. Made one more in the next cycle, because someone paid me 15k plus the mats. All told, the 195k profit out me over the gold cap, and I quit making them. My herbalist is a druid, so personally the mount is 'meh', especially now the profit margins are dwindled. I wonder if they will go back up in WoD, so you might just want to sit on one for the time being...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    15k? oh my i bought it for 40k 5 month ago

Dumpd first few for 70k/pop. Now i think around 10 stocked up for WoD, not worth to sell them now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Deleted
    It's funny how quickly the price dropped, yet the chopper mounts still go for same amount as they did back in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSloth View Post
    It's funny how quickly the price dropped, yet the chopper mounts still go for same amount as they did back in WotLK.
    1 is has most of it's cost in vendor mat price

1 is based on a daily reset that is insignificant to enough people

Logic is difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Have a friend who sold one day one for 300k. Top that.

They're barely worth the Cd anymore to be honest, I stopped mine ages ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    What is the ah price for Sky Golem on your server?

I have to spend 30 days to make this mount (30 Energy Sources)... and 30x Living Steel = 10500 gold on my server, since 1x Living Steel costs 350g... I realy thought I'll make some money on Golems but ppl on ah sell them for 15k. So I think WTF? What am I doing wrong? How you can sell mount that needs 30 days to make - for many ppl - for 15k when some shitty JC panthers still cost 30-35k? 5k profit every 30 days?! Maybe I do something wrong or maybe ppl destroyed golem market?

I call bull on the 30-35k for the panthers, but that's what happens.

Should've got in early to sell them it simply takes 30 days where as those other mounts have expensive components that mean it wont drop below a certain price (for the most part, they have been duped a lot)
    unfortunately the sky golem is easy to make because people just have to click 1 thing a day and make the piece.

Time =/= money in this case

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    first day I made a ton, but every 30 days since, I've sold them for sub 20k for me its an easy 80-100k a month from them (multiple engi's)

Deleted
    the market is flooded with those golems price drops who the hell cares you take 30 days to press 1 button and want profit out of it the latest proffs all have 553 itemlvl and and wordt nothing anymore take weeks to get the mats aswell