Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why "some" people dont like the price of WoD?!

Seriously:
    A new Planet(Draenor) + New Character Models + Garrisons +More Bag Space + New Quests + New Dungeons + New Talents + New Raids + New Scenarios + Ability Bonuses + 10 New Levels + Character Boost + ( a lot of new features)....
    Does this mean nothing to the players ?! Blizzard employees have done a hard work here. A whole new leveling experience ... A new planet... It costs more than 50$. 50$ are nothing compared with this. Seriously the WoD Price must be 50$-65$ .
    Some people write only bullshit based on nothing for the price of WoD .
    Last edited by Arberian; 2014-03-11 at 05:28 PM.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

It is 45 euro, not 45$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Seriously:
    A new Planet(Draenor) + New Character Models + Garrisons +More Bag Space + New Quests + New Dungeons + New Talents + New Raids + New Scenarios + Ability Bonuses + 10 New Levels + Character Boost + ( a lot of new features)....
    Does this mean nothing to the players ?! Blizzard employees have done a hard work here. A whole new leveling experience ... A new planet... It costs more than 45$. 45$ are nothing compared with this. Seriously the WoD Price must be 50$-65$ .
    If I wasn't tired I would go through and list all the things that came in TBC, Wotlk, Cata, Mop and show it was probably more in each one. So, there is that.

There is also we were lied to and it is a matter of principle. "Free" 90 isnt free, "Summer latest" isnt summer, year long patches aren't shorter.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-11 at 02:41 PM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

People feel the need to express their hatred for a video game every chance they get. They need to let us know:
    1) Why they're unhappy
    2) Which MMO they're going to
    3) When they began playing WoW (which seems to be vanilla 99% of the time)
    4) When they stopped playing WoW

It's a rather sad cycle, but you see it all the time. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do but sigh and shake your head at them. A video game has impacted their life so much that they need to spew vitriol at it over, and over, and over...
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only new feature you named was garrisons. That's not worth $50. Free 90 is not free.

Pretty simple really. It's a 25% increase in base price for less content, combined with more and more paid services. Basically, it's a feeling that Blizzard is asking for a lot more money than what their product justifies.

WoD will have more PvE endgame than ESO and it's cheaper. No one is complaining about ESO, right?
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ps. I am gonna cause im bored. And since you are listing shit as lame as bag space. I get this as well

TBC: new planet, new characters, new factions, more bag space, new quests, new dungeons (more than wod) new talents, new raids, flying, new abilities, 10 new levels, and a lot more

Wrath: 10 new levels, new hero class, new continent, different level modes, more bag space, new levels, new abilities, new talents, new dungeons, new abilities, new professions, new raids, and a lot more

Cataclysm: old world redone, new races, new dungeons, new raids, guild stuff, bag space lol, new talent system, new raids, new dungeons, flying in old world, new abilities, and a lot more

MoP: new continent, new class, new factions, more bag space, RBGs, LFR, new raids, new dungeons, new talents, cloud serpents, new abilities, 5 new levels, farm and a lot more

So, what is more? exactly?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

People who complain about WoD having not enough features are the same people who whine how scenarios and pet battles in MoP should've been left out.

A new Planet(Draenor) + New Character Models + Garrisons +More Bag Space + New Quests + New Dungeons + New Talents + New Raids + New Scenarios + Ability Bonuses + 10 New Levels + Character Boost
    I bolded the ones that are system updates and don't actually require a WoD purchase.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

i think its a bit to high AT THE MOMENT. there is just so little information out about it as of now.. its like buying a pig in a sack... cant be sure what you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

There is not justification for the increase in price, simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    WoD will have more PvE endgame than ESO and it's cheaper. No one is complaining about ESO, right?
    Because ESO is not an expansion, and therefore is priced as a full game...? I mean, this is not a difficult concept to grasp.
    Expansions are not full games, they are extensions of the original game. In theory at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I bolded the ones that are system updates and don't actually require a WoD purchase.
    thats just being overly exact. The revamp of 0-60 was also released by a free patch, but nobody would exclude it in a serious talk about "what service did cataclysm offer". Blizzard released those things, that arent tied with the new planet because it makes the transition easier for player and themself (less new things on the same time = less bugs / more time to fix)

"Its just an expansion" is also not really a good reason for being cheaper. Why is it ok to pay 60$ for a new game, (e.g. single player game and its over after 10-15h), and not for an expansion, that maybe offers more satisfaction?

Still, the increase to prior expansions is not justified.
    Last edited by Genju; 2014-03-11 at 02:51 PM.

Add $15 for each month that passes with no significant new content since the last patch. They have stopped developing content for this expack and are focusing resources(your sub fee) on paying for the development of WoD. So you are probably looking at close to $200 of your money for WoD by the time it hits. If you want you can even take $5 off of that per month for maintenance and support(and it likely costs way less than that) and you will still be looking at $150+. IMHO it should be free for people that stay subbed the whole time through the long ass no content gap, that wouldn't include me since I cancelled but at least it would be something for the loyal subscribers.

It means that they are letting the 15 bucks subscriptions go on and on, without updating the price, and to fix that they are throwing everything in Expansion price.

Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    Seriously:
    Does this mean nothing to the players ?! Blizzard employees have done a hard work here. A whole new leveling experience ... A new planet... It costs more than 45$. 45$ are nothing compared with this. Seriously the WoD Price must be 50$-65$ .

Some people don't like things for reasons that are their own, and value things differently so what? Whining about whining seems equally odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Because ESO is not an expansion, and therefore is priced as a full game...? I mean, this is not a difficult concept to grasp.
    Expansions are not full games, they are extensions of the original game. In theory at least.
    But what if the expansion has more content than the full game and is $10 cheaper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly just a reason to cry just like most unsubbed people. Most of my guildies are already running around with the collectors edition mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    To summarize why people are complaining.

People love to complain.

That is all.

WoD has plenty of new features and a very slightly raised price. Perish the thought WoW raises it's price once in 10 years for an XPac and suddenly the sky is falling.

But I'll probably get called a fanboy for having some sensibility.