Thread: Holy in 10 man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Gearing for 10m holy has been confusing, it is only this tier that most priests have the ilvl to reach those high haste renew breakpoints. Most fights you're best off using chakra: serenity, but there are some where sanctuary works fine, or chakra switching.

For Chakra: sanctuary mastery will give the biggest output, but mastery healing is delayed, good for sustained damage (i.e. works for pushing new content, pointless overheal when you outgear it). This will be the gearing strategy for many 25m holy priests, so is what most guides point to.

For Chakra: serenity renew rolling, haste breakpoints are important, haste anywhere in between breakpoints is probably better reforged to crit. Again, renew rolling is good for sustained damage. Mastery is by far the weakest stat because neither renew nor lightwell benefit from mastery. Crit is reasonably good for serenity renew rolling - lots of crits on renew ticks add up.

Crit is not so bad for 10m, it's probably what works best for chakra switching and is efficient in terms of heal per mana. As you gear up and outgear content, overheal increases with all that mastery and renew rolling, so casual players might favor crit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daoshi View Post
    You should read a few guides and experiment. If you are in chakra serenity most of the time passing the next haste breakpoint will probably help.
    Most guides are for 25 mans, which is very different than 10 man for holy. But I've read what I can and was looking for a more comprehensive guide. It sounds like getting a comfortable amount of spirit and haste soft cap is the way to go. After that it's either crit or mastery - I've been leaning toward crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    all guides i see say to gem for pure spirit in all blue slots too, is that accurate? Should i really have 5 or 6 pure spirit gems in my gear?

Deleted
    all guides i see say to gem for pure spirit in all blue slots too, is that accurate? Should i really have 5 or 6 pure spirit gems in my gear?
    It is up to you to determine how many spirit you need.
    General rules of optimizing for holy 10m is: haste breakpoint > regen > other stuff (intel/crit/whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by rahotep View Post
    It is up to you to determine how many spirit you need.
    General rules of optimizing for holy 10m is: haste breakpoint > regen > other stuff (intel/crit/whatever)
    I've been struggling with the right amount of spirit too, and there doesn't seem to be a set amount. I have 17k right now but I still feel like I need a little more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as small reference, Jhazrun had like 18k spirit for the first bosses and 20k~ for the last ones...
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatebox View Post
    Just as small reference, Jhazrun had like 18k spirit for the first bosses and 20k~ for the last ones...
    THAT is good to know. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    About reforges/gem, what I do is (prolly far away from optimal but, it works):
    1) Go to AskMrRobot.com and Load your character.
    2) Select PVE: Burst Healing Build (Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery)
    3) Edit Weights: Haste Soft Cap --> Change Soft Cap to Renew+2
    4) Set Static Spirit to something reliable to your gear (mine is set to 21k - ends up with 20k after gem/reforges at 565 ilvl.)
    5) Save it and let it Optimize. Profit.

Basic stuff, but hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatebox View Post
    About reforges/gem, what I do is (prolly far away from optimal but, it works):
    1) Go to AskMrRobot.com and Load your character.
    2) Select PVE: Burst Healing Build (Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery)
    3) Edit Weights: Haste Soft Cap --> Change Soft Cap to Renew+2
    4) Set Static Spirit to something reliable to your gear (mine is set to 21k - ends up with 20k after gem/reforges at 565 ilvl.)
    5) Save it and let it Optimize. Profit.

Basic stuff, but hope it helps.
    The basics are what is missing in many cases. Thanks!

Found a very helpful thread here:

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5695

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, saw that yesterday

Very good info there, but I'd adjust just 2 things:
    1) only go 18+ haste if ur gear allows it (ie: still have lots of spirit)
    2) keep renews rolling for as cheap as possible, even with close to 0 damage, wont hurt to keep it at least on tanks