Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post

it was a last resort to live.
    But the Titan "ship" is problematic, and honestly seems too immersion breaking. If these guys were to potentially work at all, which is still a stretch, it would be far better to take the "It's magic I don't gotta explain shit"-route, than technology. Even if it isn't a defining aspect of their culture, the fact that they understand a space station well enough to use it just seems lorebreaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    just wait till i get to the all female amazon race
    That was by no means an encouragement to write more of that, just saying. If you want to be taken serious, you really need to work on your 'naming' as well as your overall writing skills. You seem to be a US player too so there isn't an excuse for the poor grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    But the Titan "ship" is problematic, and honestly seems too immersion breaking. If these guys were to potentially work at all, which is still a stretch, it would be far better to take the "It's magic I don't gotta explain shit"-route, than technology. Even if it isn't a defining aspect of their culture, the fact that they understand a space station well enough to use it just seems lorebreaking.
    gnomes have a space laser.

anyway. it was a last resort like i said before. they didnt have the time to try and make a portal to a random planet. that the legion would have just followed them anyway. using the titan tech at least allowed them to by time to find a planet instead of using a blind portal. also using the dark portal logic you need people from both planets opening up both sides to make it actually work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    That was by no means an encouragement to write more of that, just saying. If you want to be taken serious, you really need to work on your 'naming' as well as your overall writing skills. You seem to be a US player too so there isn't an excuse for the poor grammar.
    i know it wasnt. did you just insult my country?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    i know it wasnt. did you just insult my country?
    You may also want to improve your reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    You may also want to improve your reading comprehension.
    seeing as i put it through a spelling and grammar check before posting it. i have no idea what your talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    gnomes have a space laser.

anyway. it was a last resort like i said before. they didnt have the time to try and make a portal to a random planet. that the legion would have just followed them anyway. using the titan tech at least allowed them to by time to find a planet instead of using a blind portal. also using the dark portal logic you need people from both planets opening up both sides to make it actually work.
    Space laser=/=Space station. It's ridiculous that you're even trying to argue this wouldn't feel out of place. I know you feel proud of your idea and all, but c'mon man.

Space laser=/=Space station. It's ridiculous that you're even trying to argue this wouldn't feel out of place. I know you feel proud of your idea and all, but c'mon man.
    i was just throwing it out there. Draenei came to azeroth in a ship made of gems and your having problems with my race(s) that used a titan ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was just throwing it out there. Draenei came to azeroth in a ship made of gems and your having problems with my race(s) that used a titan ship.
    The Titan ship seems to outclass the Exodar in terms of technology. And Blizzard struggled to pull that off. There are those who criticize the lolspaceship aspect of BC to this day, for the record.

The Titan ship seems to outclass the Exodar in terms of technology. And Blizzard struggled to pull that off. There are those who criticize the lolspaceship aspect of BC to this day, for the record.
    yeah i know there is those who do.
    they only know how fly, land, and use of defense turrets, anything else is still either too advance or they didnt bother trying to figure it out. just basic functions, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i know there is those who do.
    they only know how fly, land, and use of defense turrets, anything else is still either too advance or they didnt bother trying to figure it out. just basic functions, nothing more.
    Use of defense Turrets, flying, and landing all seems to be a little much imho.

Use of defense Turrets, flying, and landing all seems to be a little much imho.
    The turrets are a little to much. But basic knowledge of flight and landing isnt. Unless your imply nontech based shouldnt have basic understanding of tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    The turrets are a little to much. But basic knowledge of flight and landing isnt. Unless your imply nontech based shouldnt have basic understanding of tech.
    The understanding of Technology is a little much considering that they're nontech based. Additionally the "Space Station" is far more advanced than what we've seen from the Titans, and I would really prefer they not go that route. They can have their "tech-aspect" but to have them be building Space Stations is too much of a shift from mythological "Gods".

The understanding of Technology is a little much considering that they're nontech based. Additionally the "Space Station" is far more advanced than what we've seen from the Titans, and I would really prefer they not go that route. They can have their "tech-aspect" but to have them be building Space Stations is too much of a shift from mythological "Gods".
    Pretty sure its been said titans use ships. Any other issues you have besides the ship?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure its been said titans use ships. Any other issues you have besides the ship?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to see any official source claiming the Titans use of Spaceships. Usually when referring to travel between planets the official sources use vague words such as "roam" "travel" and "wander". We can make a guess that sometimes Titans must be summoned to planets, given what we know about Sargeras, but that only raises the question of how can the Titans come to planets that have no willing summoners. Regardless, I haven't seen anything about ships so it's going to take a canon-blue quote to convince me otherwise.

As far as other issues go:
    -The names are meh.
    -The History still feels forced.
    -The Government doesn't seem workable at all.
    -The idea of "shadow beings" and the implication that they're made out of shadow seems a little unwieldy for a playable race.
    -The "suddenness" in which they talk with Lol'jin and Varian.

And most importantly, it feels like you've copied and pasted the framework of the Draenei story, while tossing in Old Gods just to justify these guys "existing" in Warcraft, which just leaves me uneasy considering that it's a shallow justification for a race we haven't seen, heard of, or encountered before, much less care about. Especially considering there are other races far more worthy of being playable.

Sorry, but to convince me, you're going to need to start from the ground up. It just doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You mean Night Elves minus overbearing, annoying hippie Druids?
    Why not just fix Night Elves? The Druids weren't that bad back in WCIII.

Looks like you've put a lot of effort in this, but you need to tie more of their lore into the overall lore of the Titans/Legion/Old Gods. Right now it sounds too "Rifty" (if such a word could possibly exist). You need to make sure you are following the basic laws of the WoWverse, as well as WoW's sources of power. In Azeroth and Draenor, mana exists in leylines and inside all living beings, and is the source of magic as well as highly connected to almost every being in lore. The Titans were obsessed with it, the Old Gods were obsessed with it, the naaru are obsessed with it, and nearly every villain has been obsessed with figuring out how to manipulate it to become like a god or control the gods. Technology has always been second to this.

The other thing to consider is that were the shada'in to crash land in one of Azeroth's oceans, that would be a major, major event, on a scale much higher than the Exodar crashing (especially as a titan ship and not a naaru ship. When the Exodar crashed, world leaders knew who they were because they had already had significant exposure to the draenei. Heck, the Exodar crashed with a bunch of blood elves on board. But if the shada'in crashed, they would likely just be obliterated without a second thought, as people would think they were the Legion and would attack them on sight. Even the ethereals are not even allowed to be anything more than baggage handlers and shoe shiners in the economy of Azeroth's heroes, and they came from a planet that was not only destroyed by the Legion, but destroyed by a singular godlike entity serving the Legion and when they arrived in Outland, were if not for them Azeroth surely would have lost, as the Consortium was one of the most important weapon suppliers to Azeroth's armies.
    Last edited by diaskeaus; 2014-03-23 at 06:12 AM.

Agreed with diaskeaus.

Having a random XYZ race pop out of the sky with a tangental relationship to the Titans is *rly* stretching it. I mean I know we're doing time travel, alternate timeline stuff now so maybe that's OK, but still.

Maybe tie them into the old gods story-line. Have them be twisted trolls that an old god we haven't seen yet has tortured into a new form deep underground near it's prison. Maybe they were chosen to guard the old god's prison but now need help containing the old god or something like that.

Would need something other than 'random old god corruption' but i'd work that angle.

The idea of "shadow beings" and the implication that they're made out of shadow seems a little unwieldy for a playable race.

And most importantly, it feels like you've copied and pasted the framework of the Draenei story, while tossing in Old Gods just to justify these guys "existing" in Warcraft, which just leaves me uneasy considering that it's a shallow justification for a race we haven't seen, heard of, or encountered before, much less care about. Especially considering there are other races far more worthy of being playable.
    This. Shadow in WoW is different from what we consider shadows. Shadow magic in Azeroth is actually a form of the Light, and as the Light in Azeroth actually carries a certain amount of sentience, shadows would also carry a certain amount of sentience. Warlocks and shadow priests are able to draw upon shadow magic in the same way that discipline, holy priests, and paladins are able to draw from the Light. If your race was actually made out of shadow, then they would be kin to the voidwalkers or voidlords (or even the naaru, as the naaru have a half-life as beings of shadow), and they can only exist in the material world through some kind of artifact that binds them to the material plane, whereas the naaru seem to exist as crystalline beings.

If you wanted to make the shada'in relevant, make them related to the voidwalkers or voidlords as a prime race - as in, the voidwalkers or voidlords once were shada'in but like the eredar, were corrupted by Sargeras when the Legion destroyed their planet. Shadow magic would therefore be just as important to the shada'in as the Light was/is to the eredar/naaru. Shada'in would have a natural resistance to the Light, and would be a wonderful exploration into the relationship between the Light and Shadow magics.

Then, instead of having them crash on Azeroth in a Legion ship have them arrive on Draenor in Tempest Keep, where the shada'in have actually taken control of it and turned Tempest Keep into the Black Omen. *cough* (Because the Black Omen was epic on all levels.) You could even have a couple of darkened naaru who were forced to stay in the darkened state permanently, and that was because of the shada'in who sabotaged them and corrupted them, taking control of Tempest Keep and arriving on Draenor as heralds of their own kind of doom.

Epic battles ensue, and it turns out not all shada'in are bad guys. The starting zone for the shada'in (in WoW) would actually be the entire connected Tempest Keep (including the Exodar and the Manaforges) and would include breaking out of your cells (you were captured by the darkened naaru) and slowly over the course of the starting zone you realize that while your people made a pact with the naaru, the naaru are actually controlling them, and so you manage to escape your cell and steal a pod, crashing to the surface of Draenor, where you are rescued by either Yrel or Durotan, who offer to help you escape back to Azeroth as a member of their respective armies, with the promise that when you are strong enough you can return to Draenor to help take care of the evil naaru and their servants, the other shada'in.

People bitch that there too much titan and old god influenced races. So why you suggesting that crap. Think more like shadow elemental based when i say shadow based. (On my cell phone cant reply as easy)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You mean Night Elves minus overbearing, annoying hippie Druids?
    Think savage WC3 female NE+mass effect asari+hair made of fire

To be fair, even Blizzard feels like that was too sci fi for Warcraft.