Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Archy Tol'Vir mount...

Up front, yes I am annoyed - but hopeful that a ray of light will come through soon. As I stated in another post, I am at 500+ solves for Tol'Vir. No mount. Please tell me some of you have gotten this high and have indeed ended up with the mount! How many solves did it take you? Is it worth it to try the rng on a different toon or should I stay with my main who has the most solves? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards rng is worse than aids just keep that in mind.

I got mine from turning my little blue motes of whatever-pandaland into the archaeology fragments at the vendor. You will accumulate them just from playing the game and you won't be pulling your hair out farming.
    Hi Sephurik

Been doing archaeology since it came out, always on my main and nothing else. Took 280-ish solves to get the mount, but I have basically given up hope on ever getting the Crawling Claw pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got really lucky, took me I think something like 20 solves, maybe less, 20 just sticks out in my mind. Was a while back so it's hard to remember. But Zin'rokh was in the hundreds and I never got it. Caused me to quit Cata for a while because I got so burnt on the game, rofl. My friend's cousin got the sword first try though -_-. I've never seen the Crawling Claw or the bright, fiery 1h sword.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been using the spirits and the Pandaland archy stuffs for Tol'Vir fragments, seems to go a bit faster - but argh, so irritating!

Damn, I didn't know you could use spirits of harmony that way. I have been just using them for Living Steel. I might have to switch. I am not sure how many solves I have, but yeah still missing it. It would be 199 on my mount list thus the reason I am doing archeaology right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    /run print("Total artifacts"); for x=1,12 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a =0; for y=1,c do local t = select(9, GetArtifactInfoByRace(x, y)); a=a+t;end local rn = GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if( c > 1 ) then print(rn .. ": " .. a); end end

Nifty little tool to see how many solves you have of each race. In regards to the Spirits - you can also do archy in pandaland and turn those into "restored artifacts" and get Tol'vir frags as well.

Deleted
    I farmed mine for like 3 months lol

Got mine after 30 Tol'vir Solves, never really farmed for it nor did I think I'd ever get it. RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am around 143 solves and still don't have it. Sucks but RNG is RNG.

Deleted
    Set a goal for yourself of 50-100 solves a day; this is how I got mine, took me around 350 solves iirc.
    Don't have the mindset that each next solve will be (or must be) the mount, just listen to music and do it. It helps to have a 2nd screen, on which you can watch movies/tv series.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Blizzards rng is worse than aids just keep that in mind.
    Yes, the suffering of millions is better than something virtual in an online game. What kind of person even makes such comments?

Anyway, to the OP: I have hundreds and hundreds and no luck yet. I have every other dig find for every race. This one has yet to appear.

got it while the zone reset thing was still a viable "help".

Otherwise I'd still be sitting here disappointed.

Deleted
    Took me 176 solves, but I was using the Pandaria archaeology turn-in methods. I bought the item which guarantees all the digging sites to be Mogu (very small and can spawn only in certain areas). Just keep on going and you'll get it eventually. On a sidenote - I read a comment today from someone who has over 1000 Onyxia kills and still no mount! That takes some motivation to keep on going :P

Deleted
    I hate to be that guy but I got the mount on my second tolvir craft! Did the first common, and sure enough the mount came next. Vial recipe came a few later. The pet however... still no luck and a couple of hundred done Rng sucks at times, keep going, it will happen soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    /run print("Total artifacts"); for x=1,12 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a =0; for y=1,c do local t = select(9, GetArtifactInfoByRace(x, y)); a=a+t;end local rn = GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if( c > 1 ) then print(rn .. ": " .. a); end end
    Didn't work.

643 solves here to get all 4 (not counting the ring and the scarab thingy, perhaps I am missing one, it has been a long time) rares, last one was the mount.

It is actually worth using another toon to get a 'rarer' item, as Archeology works like this. There is a difference between rares as I mentioned above. If you have not yet solved the ring or the scarab thing, you have a higher chance of finding a rarer rare. The game rolls first between common vs rare, with rare being probably a 20% chance, but then it rolls again, ring/srabab vs. Other rares. The other rares have again probably a 20% chance. If you are lucky enough, the game then just rolls 1-4 and one of the rarer rares is 'won'. Now, each time you get a new solve it is actually a 4% chance of getting the mount-pet-staff-sword. This sounds small, but 4 % isnt actually correct, as almost everyone has 2 rares after 12-15 solves, these are almost guaranteed. And on those guarantees you have a 20% chance of getting a real rare. Its not a 4% chance on those 12-15 solves, it is 20% on 2 solves. If you hit a superduper rare one, you have another 20% chance at your next rare solve, which is guaranteed to 'drop' within 5-6 solves.

This changes on the moment you have solves the ring and the scarab thing, then the chance drops to 1%. It works the same way (with different percentages) with all the other super rares, like the Dwarf Staff, Fossil Shield, Troll Sword and Nightelf Trinket. You either get it really early in your digging, or it takes a hell of a grind.

Ofcourse it requires you to level another chars archeology, which also takes a lot of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That gives me hope Nohara. I just leveled a third toon's archy in hopes something like this was true! I now have 550 Tol'vir solves on my main, 300+ on one alt, and crossing my fingers for this third one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Didn't work.
    It works for me! Sorry it doesn't for you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Digital Animal View Post
    Set a goal for yourself of 50-100 solves a day; this is how I got mine, took me around 350 solves iirc.
    Don't have the mindset that each next solve will be (or must be) the mount, just listen to music and do it. It helps to have a 2nd screen, on which you can watch movies/tv series.

Good luck

This is how I do it, lol. I either have music or netflix going on my second monitor.

Got mine on my 120th Tol'vir solve but I did it a few patches ago before they fixed the sonic locator bug...that made it a lot easier. If you are going for achieves anyway I would say the best way is to just dig in Pandaria and use the completed artifacts that you get to buy boxes of Tol'vir fragments.