Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Solo ToT/SoO possible @ L100 /WoD gear?

Will solo'ing Throne of Thunder and Siege of Ogrimarr be possible to any degree once a player reaches L100 and has appropriate T17 gear?

I for one would like to find out. Sure the ToT/SoO gear would obsolete by then, but it'd just be for the lols.

Who else will attempt ToT/SoO soloing when the time comes?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well impossible solo mechanics aside, sure it will. People are soloing 85 raids and have been for a while, so the same will be for next expansion.

Considering sarth was being solo'd at 80 during ICC days I'd imagine it'll be possible. Pretty sure I remember someone soloing madness at 85 too.

I don't think many would actually be soloable at 100, mostly due to mechanics.

Troll Council will destroy you - too much to deal with alone.
    Tortos - because of the knock-up and that he gains energy when you're not in range of him, you'll never be able to kill/kick any turtles in time to stop the stone breaths.
    Megaera - the shear damage from rampage and debuffs will kill you.

Immerseus will berserk long before you can purify him.
    Amalgam of Corruption will probably despawn if you touch a golden orb.
    Galakras needs 2 people to shoot him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some fights in ToT have already been solod- Dark Animus, Tortos, Ji-kun have all been solod.

With that, the only "questionable" fights will be Council (due to stun), Megs (due tot stun)... and thats it for normal ToT.

SoO... Not too likely. Norushen, you will do 75% less damage sub-50%, 50% less above 50%, and last 40%, ramping damage from inability to soak orbs. Sha of Pride, you WILL get MCd at second swelling pride. Galakras is possible, Juggs is possible, Immerseous will be hard, Dark Shaman possible, Nazgrim will be !@#$ing hard (Ravagers everywhere, sunder not going away), Malk will probs be impossible until last tier of stuff, Thok will never phase change, Spoils, I think impossible due to having to have 1 person on a side at all times, Siegecrafter will be tricky, paragons, also tricky, Garrosh, possible.

But yea. ToT, the only "questionable" boss was Dark Animus, and it HAS been solod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think it's going to depend on what difficulty level you are trying to solo. If it's Normal (current Flex) or Heroic (current Normal), it will probably be possible in raid gear near the start of the expansion. You just have to think to Firelands for an example; most bosses in there were soloable (notably Alyszrazor mount runs) on 10N in T14 gear.

The tricky thing is going to be if you want to solo current heroic. With 6.0, Heroic SOO (and presumably ToT, but this hasn't been mentioned yet) is going to be changed to be Mythic with the locked 20 man raid size (and no option to switch to 10 man). That will probably prolong how long it takes before you can solo Heroic/Mythic compared to previous expansions where you could just run 10H.

As far as the end bosses, it took until 550ish ilvl (ToT gear) before Heroic Lich King 25 was reasonably soloable for all classes, so basically nearly 2 expansions later. I think both H Garrosh and H Lei Shen will probably take about that long before all but a couple of classes can solo them. Malice mechanics are going to make H Garrosh a mess to try and solo until the point where you can zerg P4 in like 20 seconds. Lei Shen will also be pretty brutal, given that you will be guaranteed to get every Helm of Command and adds spawning like crazy.

Ra-Den won't be possible to solo because the Vita Sensitivity/Unstable Vita ability is a 1 shot mechanic if you have to take a second Unstable Vita.

Deleted
    You can easily solo FL and DS right now (depending on your class) so it wouldn't be crazy to think you could solo SoO in WoD.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will just depend on dps levels, obviously more of MoP content will become soloable as tiers progress in WoD.

Deleted
    Mione probably already did it in first person-view

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Tortos - because of the knock-up and that he gains energy when you're not in range of him, you'll never be able to kill/kick any turtles in time to stop the stone breaths.

Tortos has already been solo'd by Blood Dks. Its easy as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mione, why would Council be impossible on normal but doable on heroic? Instant-kill add?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Lei Shi will probably remain unsoloable for a very long time, due to Hide.
    Zor'lok will be a pain for pretty much every class bar the ones that can already do it by cheesing at range.
    Amber-Shaper will probably remain unsoloable for the entire expansion. You'd have to kill the boss in a global, pretty much.
    Empress will be a huge pain and probably remain impossible until DPS escalates to ridiculous levels. Pet classes will probably steamroll it though.
    Council will probably be impossible on normal, but eventually doable on heroic.
    Durumu has no particular mechanics making it impossible but will probably be a huge pain.
    Dark Animus has been hotfixed and is no longer possible for anything bar Warlocks at the moment. Whether it will be possible in WoD or not is another question.
    Lei Shen has no particularly unsurmountable mechanic, but will require good execution and a shitton of tank gear.
    Norushen will probably require too much DPS for a very long time, since you will be unable to cleanse yourself.
    Sha of Pride will probably be impossible because he uses Imprison.
    Galakras is impossible because you have to activate both cannons at once.
    Malkorok will probably require way too much gear to be doable before the end of the expansion.
    Spoils is a big ?

Everything else has either already been done, or will be done more or less smoothly.
    thok won't be doable unless you have insane dps to kill him before he gets 30 stacks, since you won't get the blood frenzy phase and you will have a shit ton of debuff stacks making you take more dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early WoD gear possibly maybe range. Second Tier of WoD or small mini content patch most definitely. Beyond that I'd say it's 100% Guarenteed. As for Siege of Orgrimmar? Probably even less IMO. Second Tier/mini content patch of WoD makes it possible. Any further into WoD it becomes a most likely.

This is provided gear scaling isn't as...apparently crazy. We shall see though!
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-03-12 at 06:27 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    You should keep in mind that the gear scaling in MoP was more than ridiculous . 463 rhcs and 580 end content gear. Also right now you can solo some bosses both on heroic and normal in Tier 14. Like will of emperor normal, stone guards heroic , elegon, spirit kings. Hell you can apperantly solo Dark Animus normal as blood dk. Atleast Raegywnn did it.

Also, remember that some bosses are not likely to be soloable due to mechanics. Like garrosh, you'll just get mc'd in phase 2 and die. Unless they edit the fight so he doesn't cast mind control while soloing.
    I've never seen a tank/offtank get MC'd. Adds might be tricky if you're a class with a cleave in their ST rotation; as killing one makes the others hit quite a bit harder.

You can already solo immerseus

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. I can see now that the mechanics in ToT and SoO are mostly anti-solo. No doubt though, a well-organised group in T17+ gear could steamroll them in the far future.

Immerseus has already been solod many times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Thanks guys. I can see now that the mechanics in ToT and SoO are mostly anti-solo. No doubt though, a well-organised group in T17+ gear could steamroll them in the far future.
    Not sure how you got that impression from this thread. Anyway it all ends up depending on how sick gear scaling will be. If blizzard really does nerf the scaling (and doesn't buff MoP soloing, which I doubt they will) then SoO will be very, very tough. ToT and Tier 14 shouldn't be too bad though.
    For instance: looking at mechanics I would imagine all of ToT to be soloable during WoD by the right classes unless dps is much lower than expected.

BTW. Does anyone know how SoO soloing will work after they change the whole place to flex/flex/mythic difficulties?

Everything else has either already been done, or will be done more or less smoothly.
    I thought Garrosh used his MC on tanks if they were the only people alive. Are you sure he doesn't use it when there is only one person in the raid?

- - - Updated - - -

Spoils is a big ?
    I hope the fight won't be too tight. Not fun to reset until you have a buff tank in all four rooms.

I wonder what Siegecrafter will be like; he'll either be a good challenge or really easy.