Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Sunwell, Kalecgos was changed to be soloable.
    ICC, Gunship was made significantly easier (Mainly, Riflemen don't do anywhere near as much ship damage as before if there is no one to shoot).
    Still that single batch of changes. As far as I am aware, they haven't changes soloing mechanics for any fights before those, unless there was a game breaking exploit being used.

ICC, Gunship was made significantly easier (Mainly, Riflemen don't do anywhere near as much ship damage as before if there is no one to shoot).
    Yeah, they used to instantly end the encounter when you jumped in a cannon.

(it was more than "made significantly easier" )

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    yes. by itself not a problem, but you get rooted instantly (for 30s) when sul casts his sand trap. classes with root breaks could play around that though.

of course, that doesn't mean there aren't ways around it, even without a root break, but heh, i'm not going to spill the beans too early :)
    The obvious solution would seem to be just empower her last and kill her in those 3 empowers you have.
    Anything more complicated than that?

I dunno why people ask this.
    How will be able to know until we are actually at L100?
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Quote Originally Posted by get big or die mirin View Post
    I dunno why people ask this.
    How will be able to know until we are actually at L100?
    Because a lot of people have probably already tried to solo them at 90, and they can tell if it's just an issue of needing more gear, or if a fight is just impossible to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it'll also depend on the 'nerf'/'buff' mechanic they're putting in for lower raid content to make them easier to solo.
    Most bosses will probably be doable as there are a handful of lvl 90 raid bosses that are already soloable
    This is the most important part of the thread. If ToT and Siege are included in the raids that get the "buff/debuff for soloing" flag, then they'll be soloable.

If not, then with new vengeance being defensive-only, most of them might not be soloable simply on the grounds that even if a 100 in Tier 17 normal gear, say, Brewmaster ends up doing the damage of three N Siege geared Warlocks, then someone like Norushen (Amalgam) may hit berserk timer every single time.

Soloing one-generation-back raid bosses is almost always about vengeance and outgearing and with MoP we've had such an enormous jump in the stat growth curve that won't be repeated in WoD. (At least, they've claimed so and had guesstimate graphs showing off what they meant by that.)

TLDR; (Yes, we'll need a TLDR on this forum) If ToT and SoO have solo buff: Then yes. If not: we won't know till we try.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If not, then with new vengeance being defensive-only, most of them might not be soloable simply on the grounds that even if a 100 in Tier 17 normal gear, say, Brewmaster ends up doing the damage of three N Siege geared Warlocks, then someone like Norushen (Amalgam) may hit berserk timer every single time.
    It depends on the amount of damage tanks will end up doing after the vengeance changes. They won't just make tanks do no damage again. If tanks do 75% of a normal dps' damage, then that is even more than they do in soloing atm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    This is the most important part of the thread. If ToT and Siege are included in the raids that get the "buff/debuff for soloing" flag, then they'll be soloable.

Soloing one-generation-back raid bosses is almost always about vengeance and outgearing and with MoP we've had such an enormous jump in the stat growth curve that won't be repeated in WoD. (At least, they've claimed so and had guesstimate graphs showing off what they meant by that.)

TLDR; (Yes, we'll need a TLDR on this forum) If ToT and SoO have solo buff: Then yes. If not: we won't know till we try.
    Stop saying this, it isn't at all. As a dps I can solo all the enrage requirements easily for normal and likely could've done before just like any dps can. The issue as a dps spec is staying alive.

Let's look at ultraxion right... the only real dps check present in cataclysm. The actual fight dps required was something like 160k, whereas most people *consistently* do 300k+ in high gear. It's fight mechanics that get in the way, not enrages on previous tier bosses for the most part. Once again the only reason norushen would be difficult is you are doing 50% almost the entire fight (at least the big adds that spawn you do 100% to.. it's something)

(This means with WoD tank dps a tank does 225k when a dps does 300k presquish, since you ignored these posts last time you brought this up)

Their graphs also showed us having a similar curve to what we would expect in WoD without a squish, just with a lower base. Regardless of even if we have a more "TBC/wrath" esque curve, the same soloing rules still apply because it's still a same ratio increase.

TLDR; Stop saying vengeance is required for old expansion bosses, it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    My guess is that only DK and paladins will be able to solo MoP raids during wod. No self healing = no soloing until after 2 xpac.
    Are you high? Hunters and warlocks are miles better than paladins at soloing. I know for sure that I will be soloing MoP raids on my hunter. There are also several other classes that can solo quite significat amount of raids.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Stop saying this, it isn't at all. As a dps I can solo all the enrage requirements easily for normal and likely could've done before just like any dps can. The issue as a dps spec is staying alive.

Let's look at ultraxion right... the only real dps check present in cataclysm. The actual fight dps required was something like 160k, whereas most people *consistently* do 300k+ in high gear. It's fight mechanics that get in the way, not enrages on previous tier bosses for the most part. Once again the only reason norushen would be difficult is you are doing 50% almost the entire fight (at least the big adds that spawn you do 100% to.. it's something)

(This means with WoD tank dps a tank does 225k when a dps does 300k presquish, since you ignored these posts last time you brought this up)

Their graphs also showed us having a similar curve to what we would expect in WoD without a squish, just with a lower base. Regardless of even if we have a more "TBC/wrath" esque curve, the same soloing rules still apply because it's still a same ratio increase.

TLDR; Stop saying vengeance is required for old expansion bosses, it's not.

For a blood death knight, at least, Ultraxion is not a hard dps check at all and can be done in sub-500 gear.

Secondly, yes, enrages can be a problem especially considering one's gear. Madness of Deathwing was a difficult fight in 5.1 solely due to the tight enrage, and not any mechanics. Enrages are also the reason why we can't solo Blade Lord, Elegon, or similar bosses from T14/15 that are outhealable with little problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    For a blood death knight, at least, Ultraxion is not a hard dps check at all and can be done in sub-500 gear.

Secondly, yes, enrages can be a problem especially considering one's gear. Madness of Deathwing was a difficult fight in 5.1 solely due to the tight enrage, and not any mechanics. Enrages are also the reason why we can't solo Blade Lord, Elegon, or similar bosses from T14/15 that are outhealable with little problem.
    Blade Lord, Elegon, and other bosses from T14/15 are not previous expansion bosses. Please read the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blade Lord, Elegon, and other bosses from T14/15 are not previous expansion bosses. Please read the thread.
    Hmmm?

It's fight mechanics that get in the way, not enrages on previous tier bosses for the most part.
    You raise a somewhat irrelevant concern though - my point is that there are plenty of Cataclysm bosses that possess a tight enrage. Ultraxion was never such a boss, however - Madness of Deathwing, Heroic Ragnaros, etc. were, though they are not tight in SoO gear. Most tank classes can't beat Heroic Majordomo's enrage either.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-03-17 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to be able to solo Elegon and Ji-kun for the mounts, but I doubt they'll be reasonably soloable (i.e. faceroll) until two expansions after WoD. At least this is the trend seen with Tempest Keep and presumably Ulduar 25 and ICC25H.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I really want to be able to solo Elegon and Ji-kun for the mounts, but I doubt they'll be reasonably soloable (i.e. faceroll) until two expansions after WoD. At least this is the trend seen with Tempest Keep and presumably Ulduar 25 and ICC25H.
    Both bosses have already been soloed

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Both your example are "hard" 25-man content (I know, no NM/HM for TK, but the intended design was closer to HM than NM). Which usually takes longer to be killed than 10NM content.
    So, unless you want to farm your mounts on the hardest difficulty available, you can expect them to be farmable during WoD.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connorizm View Post
    Both bosses have already been soloed

Elegon is theoretically soloable with BiS gear as a Warlock. It might not even be realistically possible and certainly hasn't been done.

Unless Blizz adds the ability to skip bosses then SoO will be impossible to solo.

Im looking at you Galakras!

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Elegon is theoretically soloable with BiS gear as a Warlock. It might not even be realistically possible and certainly hasn't been done.
    I guess he was talking about the paladin kill@vengeance exploit.

Well any Mists content I could solo @90 I now get hammered by @100 with 636 ilvl (even in gear with usefull stats) I honestly think I would need 3/4 people for horridon at this moment in time, Im sure that wont be the case when I have decent mythic gear but thats like, weeks away
    Whoops, sig too big

Deleted
    I went through and soloed MSV, Blood DKs are still strong.

We!'red probably at the point where it can be done with 3 or 4 average skilled people. Coming from past experience bosses aren't usually solo'ed until 2 xpacs behind. That is, unless you have a crazy soloing class like blood dk.

Also, dat necro