Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's this trying to prove? That a sudden influx of barely geared players entered LFR and wiped? Well done. Do you think this will remain the norm for the rest of the game's lifespan?

LFR has been awful since day one but of course, this won't make it any better.

I always stay on Horridon so were done by the second door lol

Deleted
    Now link us the meters from Megaera. Where padding meters is not that blatantly easy.

Shame that that would be a different raid, but since your argument is that every LFR is now a sheer hellhole, this one would be you carrying it too. So bring it.

Seems normal to me if they went straight in with the green set provided by Blizzard.

Could easily double that by spending a few hours on Timeless Isle first.

I don't see the problem with boosts, if a good player boosts, he will still be good, if a shit player boosts, well, he's still going to be shit, we just have to accept different players skill levels really, if someone is afk'ing, then yeah, they are a dick, but if someone is genuinely new or something, I don't give them a hard time.

That Hunter at the very bottom, either died straight away, or was literally only autoattacking though.

I think in general the whole boost lfr thing is over-reacting, its all the player, people have already shown good players boost's outdpsing far better geared mains of average or below average players.

Each time you queue, unless you queue with guildies, is a roll of the RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'm sorry, what was the DPS like when ToT was a relevant raid? Not the spread; individual DPS averages.
    It looks like that in SoO too.

And it was like 60k
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I have no idea how people think that looks normal.

Yeah, if you just look at the bars relative to each other, it looks sort of normal. But the top 2 DPSers are doing <160k dps. Normal ToT LFRs have one or two people breaking 200k, maybe half a dozen in the 100-180k range, and then all the shitters.

Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post

Yeah, if you just look at the bars relative to each other, it looks sort of normal. But the top 2 DPSers are doing <160k dps. Normal ToT LFRs have one or two people breaking 200k, maybe half a dozen in the 100-180k range, and then all the shitters.
    Yeah, dunno how people can say that's normal w/ a straight face. Might be trying to be disingenuous to make a point.

As someone with a new 90 baby (but a player since Vanilla with 3 regular 90s who did regular raiding since ZG and heroic Uld/DS/T14) all I can say is, we really need to be patient with the player base for a while. First off there are legitimate tryhards in LFR learning their class - I'm mostly Timelessed out, gemmed, and enchanted everything but my weapon. I read multiple Brewmaster guides and practiced in heroics/hscens first. However, this is my first LFR tanking experience and my first melee character in 5 years. I'm going to make mistakes. People are going to be overwhelmed for a little while by holy priests or aff locks.

Also a lot of posters here have been steamrolling the content since launch, but we have to remember for many people this may be their first 90. Why is that a huge deal? We all had our first 60s, 70s, 80s or even 90s for newbies. We all sucked for a while and we all had our growing pains as we learned how to raid. Give them time.

Good players will be good and the bads will be bad. No method of becoming 90 changes that because you could easily faceroll your way to 90 without learning a single thing about your class anyway. All this means is the influx of new players will have to learn the fights just like we did when ToT, then SoO first came out. Until then LFR is doing the one thing it's good at: giving newbies a chance to practice without screwing up a real raid.

The choices for people who don't want to deal with it are:

A) Be patient and ride out the wave of newbies as they relearn fights/how to play until LFR resumes it's regularly scheduled badness

or:

B) get carried by guildies in a couple of flexes/regs/alt runs until your gear is good enough to not worry about lfr. If you're a serious enough raider to worry about everyone else's play style, this shouldn't be hard to do.

If forced to LFR ideally you should:

C): send out a message stating people who don't know the fight can privately pm you and not get kicked. If you get so much as ONE, patiently explain the upcoming fight from a dps, healing and tanking perspective if you know it.

We were all new once and all of the guides and YouTube vids in the world won't help some fights, because it's just a bunch of information that won't make as much sense until you actually experience it.

Personally I'm glad for what is essentially a lower tier reset because it gives me a safe environment to learn the basics of the fight from a tanking perspective before trying to do so in a less forgiving setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, people who should stay the fuck out of LFR because they are obviously better than it, come in and complain that less than stellar players are not playing up to good player standards.

Shocking...

Deleted
    Not been in Tot lfr since grinding out titan runestones on an alt. Not going back in there hah.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    So... you're saying I have to... click the boss and then like... press my buttons?
    On Horridon, no, that's not what you do at all.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post

Because it's a HORRIDON WIPE. What is normal for a normal boss fight is entirely different from what is normal on a fight like Horridon, and on a wipe halfway through the encounter.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    It looks like that in SoO too.

And it was like 60k
    If you were doing 60k in ToT you were... Well you probably weren't around long lol. 60k was like, subpar MsV DPS, I remember doing an 80k burst as ele on Dogs and thinking I was god... That was actually our 1st kill I think.

edit:

C): send out a message stating people who don't know the fight can privately pm you and not get kicked. If you get so much as ONE, patiently explain the upcoming fight from a dps, healing and tanking perspective if you know it.

THIS ^

The early wings of ToT LFR are god awful right now. They are much worse than when it was current teir, because there is hardly any reason to go to them. It's really just for people farming weapons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Because it's a HORRIDON WIPE. What is normal for a normal boss fight is entirely different from what is normal on a fight like Horridon, and on a wipe halfway through the encounter.
    This is also true. For all we know, the top 2 dps were tunneling on the boss while 3 through 9 were actually trying to do the fight correctly.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Gogg is a ilvl 540 Arms Warrior.
    Heartlin is a guildie Tank that ilvl 515 ish Fresh Boost.
    Pretty terrible dps for a 540 warrior

Deleted
    **trailer voice On

In a world...where bad actions have no consequence...the Darwinian Laws of Evolution...are broken

(clip from movie Idiocracy)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-03-12 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Looks like a normal DPS spread for LFR.
    What's your point?
    Is that a joke?

Deleted
    What's worrying is that the people actually trying to play properly does 50-60k dps. That's bad even freshly dinged.

How people are doing wrath dps I don't even care to think about. (those at 20kish)