Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PVP is looking really good, fellas!

Just got my Prideful weapon and the two 550 trinkets. Damage is RIDICULOUS! With both trinkets proc'd and banner down my bladestorm crits for 90k in an instanced BG. 90k!!!! Considering most people are sitting at about 500-550k HP buffed right now with 3-4 prideful pieces, this is huge. I'd say the weapon is about a good 8-10% damage increase alone. I was worried that we would suck this tier since people keep bringing up the "warriors dont scale well this xpac blah blah blah" but I can safety say it's looking really good.

Anyone else get their weapon this week and seeing huge numbers?

As a rogue this scares me.

10+ Year Old Account
    With this ilvl people will start to scumbag PVP as fury more often... Mastery stacked Dragon Roar is coming.

Now that I think about it though I'm pretty sure I had the berserking buff. But still, without it I would have been seeing 70-75kish Bladestorms anyway.

Honestly, i see a change in numbers, but its not enough to scare healers unfortunately..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B6w/simple my warrior's armory.

Just had a warrior give me a fat 68k deep wound crit with no buffs or zerk or anything.

Prideful weapon though...

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/oyTFoaa.jpg grievious season's bladestorm on retail

here's the movie i used it in and also to show the picture ain't photoshopped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLsfwbRqU0Y

enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Just got my Prideful weapon and the two 550 trinkets. Damage is RIDICULOUS! With both trinkets proc'd and banner down my bladestorm crits for 90k in an instanced BG. 90k!!!! Considering most people are sitting at about 500-550k HP buffed right now with 3-4 prideful pieces, this is huge. I'd say the weapon is about a good 8-10% damage increase alone. I was worried that we would suck this tier since people keep bringing up the "warriors dont scale well this xpac blah blah blah" but I can safety say it's looking really good.

Anyone else get their weapon this week and seeing huge numbers?
    Arms scales well with weapon damage, just not that well with secondary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Honestly, i see a change in numbers, but its not enough to scare healers unfortunately..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B6w/simple my warrior's armory.
    Lay off the expertise holy crap.

^^^ Agreed, way too much Expertise and any Hit above 3% is not needed... Extra Expertise definitely helps in PvP up to about 6% tops IMO. Reforging out of Mastery in favor of Expertise is definitely not the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't think of BGs as a valid way of testing your damage since many players don't have double PvP trinkets. My ele shaman did a 100k LvB crit with an ilvl of 520 before (no zerking and on a monk).

Although, I did meet a hunter in a BG on my mage (had molten armor up) who got me to 50% hp everytime he coughed at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best warrior week of the season, we hit the peak and its all downhill from here, so take in the view while you can.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Just did Twin peaks on my tauren warrior, instant 40+ kbs against the undergeared alliance scrubs, have fun while you still have the weapon!(before everybody gets the weapon).

^^ what Korgoth said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    This is the best warrior week of the season, we hit the peak and its all downhill from here, so take in the view while you can.
    Not that I don't believe you, but how can one tell which spec is going to scale well and which not, on their way towards full 550 gear?

As a side note, does what you said about warriors hold true about ret paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    ^^^ Agreed, way too much Expertise and any Hit above 3% is not needed... Extra Expertise definitely helps in PvP up to about 6% tops IMO. Reforging out of Mastery in favor of Expertise is definitely not the way to go.
    why randomly 6%?

what happens at 6%?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    why randomly 6%?

what happens at 6%?
    My guess would be that 6% removes the ability of your opponent (level 90) to Dodge special attacks. Parry is a lower % I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    My guess would be that 6% removes the ability of your opponent (level 90) to Dodge special attacks. Parry is a lower % I believe.
    nope, 3% just like hit.
    the only real reason to go above 3% is to make sure night elves cannot dodge and that's at 5%.

However the way the gear is itemised means you just have like 7%+ expertise anyway.

Deleted
    Yeah damage wise its looking decent at best.
    Some other classes will still blow us up in seconds though, even with all def CD's up.

If you are getting blown up in seconds with dstance, DbtS and shield wall, then most other specs are going to get blown up in seconds/2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Not that I don't believe you, but how can one tell which spec is going to scale well and which not, on their way towards full 550 gear?

As a side note, does what you said about warriors hold true about ret paladins?
    We've already seen this change in ilvl happen before with pve itens, you could argue about pvp power but in the end the scaling is the same.