Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Proving grounds for using Dungeon Finder

Not seen this confirmed by blizz, but when they said a silver on proving grounds was needed to use the LFD tool, do they mean completing the scenario when WoD is released? In other words since I have a gold clear in the panda version will I be able to use the LFD tool whenever WoD is released or will I have to do it again in the WoD proving grounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    New version of the proving grounds. I think the silver requirement is to run random Heroic dungeons. I don't know if that's all of it but that's what I think I know right now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    New version of the proving grounds. I think the silver requirement is to run random Heroic dungeons. I don't know if that's all of it but that's what I think I know right now.
    Any info on current PG achievements?

Yeah the current PG cheese won't let you in. You will have to show you can do it at level 100. Given the talent changes, skill changes and over all differences in everything I think it is a good idea.

As for the current ones I expect they will become Feats of Strength because I doubt we can do them at 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pretty sure it's the new version. Damn it there's no point in doing dungeons next expansion, 2 hour que just for low ilvl gear? I will stick to LFR thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Any info on current PG achievements?
    FoS most likely since you cant obtain em anymore at lvl100.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Pretty sure it's the new version. Damn it there's no point in doing dungeons next expansion, 2 hour que just for low ilvl gear? I will stick to LFR thanks.
    Except aren't heroics supposed to have the same iLevel as LFR gear?

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Except aren't heroics supposed to have the same iLevel as LFR gear?
    don't you mean u will need said hc gear to even get into LFR in the first place?

that said with the healer nerfs the queues are going to be long.

time to bash ghostcrawler again or whoever his successor is.

You only need PG for random heroics. You will not need it for pugs or guild groups.

The progress routes for next xpac are

Normal level 100 - LFR
    Normal Level 100 - Heroic Level 100 - Normal Raid - Heroic - Mythic

So if you are just in it for LFR you don't need to worry.
    Last edited by Tokrath; 2014-03-12 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    don't you mean u will need said hc gear to even get into LFR in the first place?

No heroic dungeons will give LFR level gear so that people don't have to do LFR and deal with consistent trolling/afking/downs. The Queues I have no idea about.

- - - Updated - - -

You can get your own group together to do them as they will likely be the preferred way to gear, LFD never has been a required tool to do the dungeons just for people who don't want to both with forming their own group.

You missed all the part where dungeons are going back to Max Level Normals and Max Level Heroics with the latter being harder and giving out gear that competes with LFR.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    So you can gear up way faster using the Heroic Dungeons because there is no weekly lockout? Cataclysm much?

Quote Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
    So you can gear up way faster using the Heroic Dungeons because there is no weekly lockout? Cataclysm much?
    No one has told us how the loot system will work fully with the new Heroic Dungeons at all, plus that wasn't Cataclysm's main downfall.

Deleted
    HC Dungeons will have better gear then Lfr....

It will be a updated version of PG but Im pretty sure Silver will feel like silver does now

well you will probably need the hc gear for flex mode probably then. and you can bet that pugs in trade chat will require the item levels in excess of the actual instance of which the hc modes will help come in proximity of. of course you can join without the lfd tool but knowing the wow community they will probably require you have done the instance already and have an item level equivalent to normal mode raiding gear.

still hc dungeons are far more bearable than having to put up with all the retards in lfr. its not called looking for retards for no reason. we just have to hope blizz will reverse some of those planned healer nerfs for WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    HC Dungeons will have better gear then Lfr....
    I hope so...but i find that hard to believe. How can normal epics from Heroic 5-man be stronger than LFR's Tier Bonus of a raiding set?
    But that would be the best news EVER xD
    Being able to have a party of 4 friends to do challenging hard content wich rewarded me with better epics while avoiding LFR... best pve WoW had in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    (...)That wasn't Cataclysm's main downfall.
    What happened in Cataclysm was that Heroic Dungeosn were too hard for casuals so they nerfed them to the ground.
    Then Raiding was too hard so they implemented LFR.
    By the end of the expansion it was and endless shower of epics for eveyone.
    A friend of mine loged in, poped LFR queue, one shoted Deathwing and got the epic staff for druids he wanted...he left Wow after that experience.
    The "easy way" how he got the item, and how easy it was to kill the end game boss made him quit xDD
    He said to me "i payed to play a game, not to be wined and dined with epics. Bye"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-03-13 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What happened in Cataclysm was that Heroic Dungeosn were too hard for casuals so they nerfed them to the ground.
    Then Raiding was too hard so they implemented LFR.
    By the end of the expansion it was and endless shower of epics for eveyone.
    A friend of mine loged in, poped LFR queue, one shoted Deathwing and got the epic staff for druids he wanted...he left Wow after that experience.
    The "easy way" how he got the item, and how easy it was to kill the end game boss made him quit xDD
    He said to me "i payed to play a game, not to be wined and dined with epics. Bye"
    no matter how you look at it wrath was when this game was at the height of its fame. hard to believe there were almost twice as many people playing then than there are now. why did they deviate from this model? wrath wasn't hard but neither was it faceroll. bossed like algalon or yogg, or anub in togc hc mode mode were impossible for all but the best.

Deleted

Healing will be a lot more fun in WoD, I have absolutely no doubt of that. I'm actually really excited about these changes because I haven't felt that healing was at its right place since 4.0. (That was a truly epic patch to be a healer, so hard and challenging in heroic raids without massive burst damage)

And no, you don't have to do heroics to get into LFR. In that case, LFR would have a requirement too of silver PG.