Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    i havn't logged in for a week because well there's nothing to do. With the confirmed release being Fall what will you do.
    Most of the time, unsubcribe. Might throw a month on the account when I get extra-bored.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why go through the hassle of shutting down my sub? Besides, I said I still raid
    Hassle? That's a bit of a stretch isn't it? It takes maybe 5 mins to cancel your sub assuming you bother to fill out the form.
    Now If you want a real hassle you'd have to time travel back to the AOL days. Man, trying to get unsubbed from them was a challenge at times, cause they really wanted you to stay.

On topic. It is mildly interesting and odd, someone needs a reason to play. The second I need someone else to give me a reason to play, I think it's pretty obvious it's time to take a break\quit. I guess I can see the social part keeping one hanging around even though they have lost interest. Just seems odd with as easy as it easy to cancel a subscription, some of you make it seem like a perma breakup.

Farm Old content and pvp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Go outside. Get in shape. Learn a new hobby. Build a computer. Learn a programming language. Go on a vacation. Buy a pet and train it. Learn how to juggle.

A few options.

10+ Year Old Account
    go outside, get fit.

when wod comes out resume becoming a lazy sack of crap.
    Hi

Roleplay.

If you're an old veteran of the game, that has picked up the lore well, and would like more things to do and interact with others, why not give roleplay a go? A chance to take a part in the world of Azeroth, of your own choosing. Brings me a ton of fun, and a ton of friends. I'm having no trouble passing the time with no new adventures released by blizzard. I experience my own, and create them for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    A sub loss (which wouldn't be reported for months from now anyway) wouldn't spur faster development. Ever. That isn't how Blizzard operates.
    So talk me through LFR. You know, that feature that was going to be part of MoP. That was brought forward into Cata because they realised lots of people were quitting. From where I am sitting that looks a hell of a lot like a sub loss spurring faster development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Go outside. Get in shape. Learn a new hobby. Build a computer. Learn a programming language. Go on a vacation. Buy a pet and train it. Learn how to juggle.

A few options.
    I go outside every day. My BMI is around 19 and I do an hour of solid exercise each day. I am currently learning to play the bass. I am writing this on a computer I built (and rebuilt) myself. I know around 15 different programming languages. I have two pet cats, but training cats is right up there with tilting at windmills. And I taught myself how to juggle years ago, both balls and clubs.

I guess that just leaves a vacation!
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubscribe.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    Last month I found that Final Fantasy IV had a sale for 14€ so I bought it instead of paying the WoW subscription. I will go back to WoW a couple of weeks before 6.0 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I have played WOW non-stop since Day One of Vanilla and never run out of things to do. I think you are just not looking.
    THIS. WoW is an MMORPG. It can be played endlessly with a zillion things to do.

From official 34.567.000 things to go for ...to 2.000.000 things created by players themselves (like the Iron Man challenge).

Anyone who says he ran out of fun and challenging things to do in WoW is certainly not an MMORPG player.

Just 2 solo things out of these 36.567.000 things I really LOVED: fish that rare fish in the enemy's capitol or go for a Justicar title in BG's.

The other 36.566.998 things depend on your mode and interest.

Is it worth the subscription ? Of course because what would you seek outside of Azeroth anyway? 10 hours fun in CoD? A fixed walkthrough story in TLOU? Just another mmorpg where you do some basic things?

If you play an MMORPG, better be a resident in Azeroth so you build further along the endless adventure.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-03-13 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    Inc massive list of stuff to do:

Finish up reputations for MoP and pre-MoP factions.
    Solo old raids / 5-mans that drop notable items, like mounts or transmog gear.
    Do some achievements, like the classic zone quest ones, or the cooking / fishing ones, etc.
    White Bone Raptor grind.
    Timeless Isle - get all the vanity items, do the Emperor rep grind and get the mount, farm bloody coins for the mount and maybe title.
    Get all the Argent Tournament mounts.
    Get the 40 RBG wins mount, then go for the 75 wins Wolf.
    Clear Siege HC and get the Garrosh mount while it's still 100% droprate.
    Complete challenge modes on all your characters, preferably 4 just incase they make the mounts account wide then you'll have all 4.
    Do the BG achievements.
    Do any holiday achievements if you still need them.
    Level every class to 90.
    Level every battle pet to 25.
    Play the AH and make a lot of money to spend on mounts / pets / prepare for WoD.
    Attempt Proving Grounds endless wave 30 for all specs.
    Get all recipes for your professions.
    Do all the "Glory of" achievements that you might be missing, for current and older content.

Probably missed out a load of stuff too.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure. My DPS has been very low recently and I'd like to fix it, but I'm not really sure what the problem is, and, as we've beaten Garrosh on normal and our Heroic outlook is iffy, there may not be relevance to improving it at this point, except for knowing what the hell is wrong, and correcting it.

I don't have any burning in game goals...kind of burned out on pet battles, PvP I have only a rare passing interest in...there are challenges out there for me in WoW, but I just don't care about them or the rewards...I should probably unsub for a while, but then I feel like I'll miss something..."oh, we downed 8 heroic bosses the last few weeks", etc.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Inc massive list of stuff to do:

Finish up reputations for MoP and pre-MoP factions.
    Solo old raids / 5-mans that drop notable items, like mounts or transmog gear.
    Do some achievements, like the classic zone quest ones, or the cooking / fishing ones, etc.
    White Bone Raptor grind.
    Timeless Isle - get all the vanity items, do the Emperor rep grind and get the mount, farm bloody coins for the mount and maybe title.
    Get all the Argent Tournament mounts.
    Get the 40 RBG wins mount, then go for the 75 wins Wolf.
    Clear Siege HC and get the Garrosh mount while it's still 100% droprate.
    Complete challenge modes on all your characters, preferably 4 just incase they make the mounts account wide then you'll have all 4.
    Do the BG achievements.
    Do any holiday achievements if you still need them.
    Level every class to 90.
    Level every battle pet to 25.
    Play the AH and make a lot of money to spend on mounts / pets / prepare for WoD.
    Attempt Proving Grounds endless wave 30 for all specs.
    Get all recipes for your professions.
    Do all the "Glory of" achievements that you might be missing, for current and older content.

Probably missed out a load of stuff too.
    That's not even 1 % of all possible fun things to do. But grtz for the list anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    I suggest you simply cancelling sub to speed up WoD development.

Nothing will speed it up more than solid subscription drop. A fact.
    Not even remotely a fact. Want to know why?

Cataclysm. Massive sub drops. Mists of Pandaria then had the longest beta thus far.

Sub drops don't bother Blizzard as much as people think. They play long term.

Also holding a metaphorical gun to someone's head doesn't make them work faster, especially when its a skilled task like creating a computer game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    It speaks to me about how little content came in 5.4
    ...really? By that logic no end patch has had much content, because 5.4 has more then some final patches.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can run old content like old raids, grind rep/mounts/pets, or do anythiing related to achievements.
    Want some challenging content? Try heroics, the ironman challenge for leveling, and maybe even attempt Insane in the Membrane.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I'm done playing till WoD, well probably 6.0. I'm just going to try out new stuff. Going to be playing Reaper of Souls for a while and depending on how good that is and how long it last me I MIGHT try ESO if I hear some decent things from my friends who are planning to play it. I also might give Wildstar a go if there's nothing too exciting going down in June besides that, but overall I'm more or less done trying new MMOs for a while.

If Heroes of the Storm is in beta in a few months I'll be playing that (Assuming I get in). I don't know, honestly not too exciting about anything between RoS and WoD. Witcher 3 got pushed back which sucks, Dragon Age 3 I'll be playing, but I think that'll be after WoD anyways. Going to just more or less take it easy with the gaming side of things till WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't play. I only sign on to raid and we clear in 2-3 days then log off 5 min after raid is done. Nothing really to do in game.

Sure, you could work towards something like the Bloodthirsty (250k HK) achievement if you don't have it but really, it depends on if you are the sort of person who grinds out achievements for fun or grinds out leveling pets for fun. Really, if you like to grind, you'll probably find SOMETHING to do in WoW.... The game sure does have enough of it when you look for it.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Welcome to WoW! I hope you've enjoyed your last couple months of playing. Here are activities you can do over the next few months:

* Level an "alt". An "alt" is second (or third or fourth) character after your main. Many players like to do so in order to try out different classes or specs. For some people, an alt today becomes a main tomorrow!

* Run old raids. Did you know that there are old raids that you can run for fun items and gear? Some of them can even be soloed!

* Challenge Mode dungeons are a new feature this xpac, they're timed events to see how efficiently you can complete one of the heroic dungeons in MoP. The name is appropriate, they are a Challenge!

* Did you ever play Pokemon? Well Warcraft has its own version, called Pet Battles. They're easy to get into and you can collect a whole lot of pets to play with.

Those are just some ideas, I'm sure other people in this thread have provided different things you can do.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    freeze account and wait for pre patch.

then games tastes 1000x times better.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To avoid burning myself and letting myself get jaded with WoW I simply unsubscribed.

In the mean time I am bouncing between other games, most notably SWTOR and Diablo 3.

Though I will be back and subscribed the minute pre-patch goes live.