Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Quel'dorei steed is pretty damn close.
    As a "horse with a horn" it's close. As a "pretty," not so much. So angry! He looks like he's unhappy he's not spattered with blood. (so I feel he should be spattered with blood)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    If Blizzard made a unique model and animation for every mount, the game would take up more space than most would be happy about. The minimum system requirements would be higher as a consequence of adding all of those unique assets. I'd rather have my system load unique assets for gear and creatures in the world. Mounts are not that important.
    Boy there's a Blizz apologist response for literally everything. Because WoW has such taxing graphics, the 25g installation is already pushing most people's storage to the limit. You know... on those 1 and 2 terabyte hdds.

After all these years people still don't understand what is reskin,remodel. Not sure what to complain about when there are shit tons of unique model out there.

skeleton =/= model, when will you people realize that

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Boy there's a Blizz apologist response for literally everything. Because WoW has such taxing graphics, the 25g installation is already pushing most people's storage to the limit. You know... on those 1 and 2 terabyte hdds.
    It's not the disk space that I'm worried about. It's the RAM and wasted instruction cycles. Imagine loading all of those unique mounts in a major city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Eventually people have to move on. From their old computer that is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    As a "horse with a horn" it's close. As a "pretty," not so much. So angry! He looks like he's unhappy he's not spattered with blood. (so I feel he should be spattered with blood)
    If I'm going to be riding a unicorn, it's at least going to be a badass unicorn.

If you want pony adventurequest type unicorns, well, Heroes of the Storm unfortunately has those...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    There was no point in the mount in the first place, it just looks terrible and it's basically free of effort to get.

Let's face it, this was not a way to reward WoW players, it was a way to get WoW players into Hearthstone for potential profit, simple as that, a cheap trick.

Just don't talk as if you "deserve" a better looking mount for the 3 wins you did, what, would you think you deserve to get a mount to complete 3 LFRs as well? 3 LFRs would even be more effort. If you do I think you should get your priorities straightened out.

Problem with a lot of people is that they are handed something for free and they actually bother with arguing that they should've gotten more.
    Winner! /thread
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

skin is unique, model is based on horses (and thus restricted to the physiology of a horse), looks nice, will fly. let see we have triceratops, elephants, celestial/spectrals, skeletons, elemental jewelcrafted panthers, tigers, lions, horses, giant lizards, Chinese serpents, dragon varieties up the wazoo, wyverns, robots, scorpions, bears, yanks, goats, flying manta rays, gryphons, bats, elks, mammoths, ostriches, robot-ostriches, bikes, trikes, phoenix, flying carpets, rams, chimeara, cranes, dragonhawks, firehawks, wolves, raptors, running on all fours, helicopters, pterodactyl, disc clouds, hippogryphs, kites, Singaporean-style (mogu)lions, rockets, turtles, arachnids. seahorses, crows, camels,

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Reusing Skeletons=/ REusing models.
    They will never get it. And the major reason WHY we have to recycle so many skeleton rigs is because of people playing on old outdated computers. So if you're complaining about this problem, and you have computer that barely runs WOW, know that you are the reason we get so many new models, but so few new skeletons.

The sad part is how much work does go into totally remaking a new model that conforms to an older skeleton and hiding it, while also giving them totally new animations, and this is often overlooked because they can vaguely make out the silhouette is similar. As if this is that much of a shortcut when you understand how to basically create any of this stuff. Making new skeletons is arguably just as challenging as trying to continually reuse them in interesting ways while giving them brand new animations often now. The fact they overlook these animations is almost criminal, but what can ya do?

They do this to save on how much space the game takes and how much has to be rendered uniquely.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

It's got a similar skeleton to the Tyrael's Charger, minus differences in the wing structures. While I wasn't a huge fan of how the Charger was proportioned and animated (still think it looks like an equine wiener dog), for some reason the Hearthsteed doesn't give me that vibe. Might be the wing difference, might be the fact that it's an animate statue and thus climbing out of the uncanny valley on the side of artificiality. I like it. Would like it better if it was red, but we can't all have everything. And I had fun obtaining it, to boot.

Deleted
    What isn't free is pooping out a new skeleton complete with new animations, and it's time consuming aswell

But OP would know that wouldn't he

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    I like the mount, but do you know what I'm sick of?

All those god-damn Protodrake skeleton reskins! Especially when they give us generic Protodrakes and have the best looking goddamn mounts ever on the Blizz store, now that's money-grubbing. It's pure laziness on Blizzard's part, and they need to be called out on it even more than they have been.
    i agree, like the iron skyreaver from the store could have easily been obtained somehow in WoD since it fits so well but they had to go and make it a store mount

For a 10-15 minutes of playing Hearthstone, even if you don`t enjoy HS as much as someone else might, that mount is an extraordinary reward. Who cares if it`s the same old model. The skin looks cool! Right now I can`t decide what to ride and fly, Hearthsteed or Sky Golem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    They will never get it. And the major reason WHY we have to recycle so many skeleton rigs is because of people playing on old outdated computers. So if you're complaining about this problem, and you have computer that barely runs WOW, know that you are the reason we get so many new models, but so few new skeletons.
    Old skeleton/animations are not heavily taxing, in fact it's the models and triangle count in them, coupled with texture resolution where the most load would come from.

The reason they reuse the animations is because they take longer, are harder to do, and easiest to re-use. It's just efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    Let's face it, this was not a way to reward WoW players, it was a way to get WoW players into Hearthstone for potential profit, simple as that, a cheap trick.
    I think it's a pretty clever move actually, and I don't consider it a cheap trick, either.

They are literally giving players something for free if they try out and play a few rounds of a game. For free. You don't have to pay to try the game or win the mount.

The worst possible outcome for people here is that they try Hearthstone and don't like it. Maybe they never win the mount. They are no worse off than they were before, beyond wasting what, half an hour? An hour?

The best possible outcome is you play and like the game and having something new to play, as well as a new mount. For free.

This is like Blizzard saying to us, "Hey. You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours. But only if you want. Hey, if you don't want to, no problems. Carry on about your business."
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

I love how the 'new' Warlords of Draenor frostwolves that you see being used so much are just the exact same RBG achievement war wolf from Cataclysm, but without armor. Same with the SoO achievement mount. Reusing a skeleton for animations is one thing, but they straight up just put different armor on the same wolf.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the hooves look hideous

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I love how the 'new' Warlords of Draenor frostwolves that you see being used so much are just the exact same RBG achievement war wolf from Cataclysm, but without armor. Same with the SoO achievement mount. Reusing a skeleton for animations is one thing, but they straight up just put different armor on the same wolf.
    Am I the only one that doesn't really have a problem with this?

I mean, Wolves are a pretty iconic part of Orcs, right? We've always seen them with Orc mounts and stuff. How exactly do you make a Wolf completely different to an old model? You change the colours, the armor?

What else is there to do?

I guarantee if they changed the Wolves to something else, there would be an equal amount of unhappiness about it.

Unless it's a totally NEW animal, there is nothing wrong with them using a skeleton/animation/model/whatever.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

do you even use the horse mounts OP?