Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Personally i never liked Grid's dependancy on plugins so i use VuhDo, but tbh even Blizframes are more than serviceable these days even if you miss a couple features

I use vuhdo, I've used grid for years so was hard to switch but after watching some set up videos for vuhdo i changed and it can do so much more, i hated vuhdo config now it's so easy to set up

Deleted
    To the people that have used Grid and then switched to Vuhdo, what sort of advantages have you found?

Alot less memory without needing all the plugins, can have different profiles, show several boss debuffs i have mine animated i seperate keybinds for each profile show all important icons and i have set up bouquets for holy and disc and i love the buff watch that comes with vuhdo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    Alot less memory without needing all the plugins, can have different profiles, show several boss debuffs i have mine animated i seperate keybinds for each profile show all important icons and i have set up bouquets for holy and disc and i love the buff watch that comes with vuhdo.
    Anything else? Most of that stuff (aside from memory requirements, I would need to check that personally) can be done through Grid as well. Still trying to assess if I want to put the effort in to completely changing raid frames I have grown quite used to.

ElvUI + Clique.

I can't see any advantage Grid, Healbot or Vuhdo have over that, so that works for me.

Grid+clique for years.. i've tried various cooldown timers over the years. They seem to all be fairly close. I also use quartz. I've heard a lot of good things about vuhdo and for a new healer I would recommend it. I've been using grid for so long that i've comfortable with it. I've heard a lot of good things about weakaurus but I don't personally prefer it.. I've healed raids from vanilla up to mop with this setup and have been fairly successful.

My advice is to set it up and then go into AV. Nothing blows up your raid frames like some good pvp. Heroic dungeons are ok, but some good pvp will let you really work out the tool kit and see what you are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyonic Picnic View Post
    To the people that have used Grid and then switched to Vuhdo, what sort of advantages have you found?
    Finding everything you need in one addon without having to search for plugins, mouseover heals without the need for clique or macros, most debuffs are already programmed in by default (unlike grid which often requires you to add them in yourself) and the ability to switch layouts based on spec or group size (for example, I obviously track different hots, etc when I'm playing holy as opposed to disc)

Once you figure out how to configure it it's pretty great!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best part about being a healer is that you don't need any addon, well yes, you need Grid (or close to it) and that's it.

Not like you need any addon as DPS or tank, but they can help you.

I use grid and CD trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The best part about being a healer is that you don't need any addon, well yes, you need Grid (or close to it) and that's it.

Not like you need any addon as DPS or tank, but they can help you.

I use grid and CD trackers.
    While you don't need an addon, there are certain things you need to know - especially as disc - in order to perform at your best, such as when damage is incoming. Addons are really helpful in that respect, and if nothing else you need to be able to mouseover heal.

Just my opinion on that, based on my own experiences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    Finding everything you need in one addon without having to search for plugins, mouseover heals without the need for clique or macros, most debuffs are already programmed in by default (unlike grid which often requires you to add them in yourself) and the ability to switch layouts based on spec or group size (for example, I obviously track different hots, etc when I'm playing holy as opposed to disc)

Once you figure out how to configure it it's pretty great!
    Ahh, so it is mainly a convenience factor? I wouldn't really gain much by switching if I already have mouseovers sorted and abilities added? At the moment it looks like I will be disc / shadow going into WoD so I'm not sure I will gain too much with the profile options. They do sound neat though.

Ahh, so it is mainly a convenience factor? I wouldn't really gain much by switching if I already have mouseovers sorted and abilities added? At the moment it looks like I will be disc / shadow going into WoD so I'm not sure I will gain too much with the profile options. They do sound neat though.
    I honestly thought I was a Grid fan for life, but when I switched I was converted. There are just many more options. I don't even know where to start! But Grid is a great addon too.

Deleted
    Grid2 + Grid2 AOE Heals + Clique
    WeakAuras 2 with CD tracking, Mindbender when available AND below 70% mana, debuffs like Sha Sear, LM tracking, Rapture tracking
    Mouseover macros for Binding Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Leap of Faith, def Penance, PoH, PoM, Pain Suppression, PW: S, Void Shift

It doesn't matter if you heal both as disc and holy, you can set up Grid to show PW: S, Weakened Soul and Renew in 1 place, since you aren't going to Renew as disc and you aren't going to PW: S as holy (that often).
    Last edited by mmoc9303c11829; 2014-03-14 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    ElvUI + Clique.

I can't see any advantage Grid, Healbot or Vuhdo have over that, so that works for me.
    Elv frames are nice but in a raid specially 25m the memory useage bumps right up from 30mb to 70mb that's the reason i no longer use those frames.

Grid2, mouseover macros. For tracking things, I use WeakAuras2.

I used to use normal Grid until Sha in SoO; I found that for some reason, Grid was KILLING my frame rate (literally, I would lock up) when I was ported down below. I later realized it was just a plug-in that I had enabled (that was woefully out of date) but by that point I had already installed and configured Grid2, so I just stuck with it.

Grid2 uses CONSIDERABLY less memory than both Grid and VuhDo, as it has all basic/common plug-ins as baseline options (much like VuhDo). However, it is so much easier and more intuitive than VuhDo to configure, and I feel it works better for Priest abilities like PoH. I did try VuhDo during that same period I was having issues with Grid, and realized I just did not like it - I could not get it to do what I wanted at all, for many very important functions that I was too used to having with Grid for the past however many years since BC (7?). The cluster finder/group range option felt more suited to smart-heal classes like Monk or Shaman, rather than a rigid Priest PoH, and I didn't like that I couldn't make the indicators show all the time (for pre-shielding etc) along with some other options that were missing/not good enough (for me) which I can't remember at this point. Either way, I just got so frustrated trying to set the dang thing up for almost 2 days straight that I said screw it, I'd almost rather deal with the lag! :P

Meanwhile, the reason I stuck with Grid2 over Grid was because I feel like Grid2 encompases a lot of the "newfangled" tricks of VuhDo (range indicator arrows, etc) with the simplistic feel and intuitive menus of classic Grid. There aren't as many teeny little options as VuhDo, but I find that most of those were extraneous to my needs, and I felt that Grid2 did what I needed it to do far better than VuhDo.

I haven't had any issues with Grid2 yet, but I have heard that sometimes its developers can be spotty at updating. So far they have been good, but if it ever so happens that they stop updating, I'll simply switch back to Grid (without that one troublesome plug-in). I just personally don't enjoy VuhDo; I prefer Grid's simplicity and ease, although that might just be because I have used it for so long. Furthermore, were I a different class, or new to the healing scene, or someone who uses Clique-type healing, I think I would go with VuhDo.
    Last edited by Tulani; 2014-03-14 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
    I could not get it to do what I wanted at all, for many very important functions that I was too used to having with Grid for the past however many years since BC (7?). The cluster finder/group range option felt more suited to smart-heal classes like Monk or Shaman, rather than a rigid Priest PoH, and I didn't like that I couldn't make the indicators show all the time (for pre-shielding etc)
    I don't think you looked at the options enough - you can all of those indicators showing as well as create your own bouquets for anything that is not already to your liking. The config is definitely not what I would call simple though - it took me a long time to get things working exactly the way I wanted, but if you're someone like me, the time is well worth the effort.

I never tried Grid2 though. Glad you enjoy it - I've heard good things!

Tulani, just to make sure you know:
    You can make the cluster indicators show all the time (for PoH-SS pre shielding). Here's an example of how mine looked in ToT (ignore grid, it's usually turned off):
    http://i.imgur.com/pvsDnLQ.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Tulani, just to make sure you know:
    You can make the cluster indicators show all the time (for PoH-SS pre shielding). Here's an example of how mine looked in ToT (ignore grid, it's usually turned off):
    http://i.imgur.com/pvsDnLQ.jpg
    Is that Vuhdo? Is it possible to colour the health bars by class colour?

Is that Vuhdo? Is it possible to colour the health bars by class colour?
    That is vuhdo, and of course it is . You can literally change anything you want. You could make it look exactly like grid if that floats your boat. I personally prefer everyone having a green bar that slowly turns brown-orange-red the lower health they go for visual cues, rather than the class colors.

This is my vuhdo i like my frames dark, health lost shows as class color.