Thread: Stamped Tricks

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Stamped Tricks

Hello,

I am looking for a Wol expert !

i was analyzing some top ranked Wol and discovered that many hunters were cheating with their stamped :

worldoflogs.com/reports/128xzh9kx55ze791/sum/damageDone/?s=1752&e=1987

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gc44s0j8x1wchnn6/sum/damageDone/?s=5051&e=5294#Megabloks

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l850l7saup8io9vg/sum/damageDone/?s=3464&e=3714#Megabloks

I know that there are some tricks which use some mob's abilities to buff your pet that you will dismiss to keep the buff. During the stamped your pet still have the benifit of this buff

I couldnt find which buff are they using. If someone have the answer (in private or on this thread) !
    Last edited by mmoc3489260690; 2014-03-13 at 01:47 AM.

a couple months ago there was an exploit that involved the hex of jammal'an from the sunken temple, but blizzard fixed that pretty quickly.

Deleted
    18-02 and 11-02. Only one month ago. Hex of jammal'an was already fixed. It's something else ^^

Uhm... Mind specifying what the "cheating" consists of? I see nothing wrong with those logs. If you're worried about their pets doing a lot of dmg versus yours, I can tell you that the pets scale with your agility procs. Usually in these short fights, you'd be best off saving stampede+second pot for when your AoC procs. That way you have all procs up for first stampede, and if you're lucky your TED will proc during the second stampede (what happened on these logs most likely) and result in those kind of numbers. Remember, top logs are top because it's a fluke getting them - pulling it off consistently is impossible. Megablok's closest logs on Juggernaut/malkorok to the two he has +500K dps on are 468K and 485K respectively - both incredibly good, but that's more than 6-7% behind his top log for Juggernaut and 3-4% for malkorok. Getting to +400K without any significant proc luck is something you can do relying on skill. Getting +450K requires decent RNG. Getting to the upper levels of DPS requires your uptimes to kick RNG in the balls and just stay up (or tricks etc <.<).

Deleted
    Saw this topic earlier and after looking at the logs, I couldn't find out what was wrong with them either. Decided not to post because I figured I was just being stupid or not awake enough to see what was wrong.

However there is actually a way to exploit where you have 100% uptime on Stampede and other long cooldowns like those. Not going to post them here because it's against the rules as well as me not condoning exploiting and cheating, but if you look hard enough you might be able to find one of those logs instead. I thought this topic was related to that at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Saw this topic earlier and after looking at the logs, I couldn't find out what was wrong with them either. Decided not to post because I figured I was just being stupid or not awake enough to see what was wrong.

However there is actually a way to exploit where you have 100% uptime on Stampede and other long cooldowns like those. Not going to post them here because it's against the rules as well as me not condoning exploiting and cheating, but if you look hard enough you might be able to find one of those logs instead. I thought this topic was related to that at first.
    If it's what I'm thinking, that's only available on Spoils and Thok though. Not Juggernaut/Malk?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If it's what I'm thinking, that's only available on Spoils and Thok though. Not Juggernaut/Malk?
    Haven't looked up the specifics because, you know, cheating. But yeah I think it's just Spoils and Thok.

Haven't looked up the specifics because, you know, cheating. But yeah I think it's just Spoils and Thok.
    suuuure, no cheating *cough aoe whoring shamans cough*. But yea, it wouldn't be possible before those two AFAIK.
    (and yes I know aoe'ing mobs isn't really a cheat, but it's still annoying as fuck for people who try to rank "normally" =P)

Deleted
    suuuure, no cheating *cough aoe whoring shamans cough*. But yea, it wouldn't be possible before those two AFAIK.
    (and yes I know aoe'ing mobs isn't really a cheat, but it's still annoying as fuck for people who try to rank "normally" =P)
    I think you meant Nazgrim, and that technically isn't cheating. Just clever use of game mechanics.
    ...god even trying to justify it makes it sound suspicious

As for the ranking in general, I honestly gave up on ranking this tier. Too many RNG related things going on either due to fight mechanics or trinkets along with all the cheesing. Nazgrim was fun for this one time but... meh. Maybe next expansion everything will be on equal footing, despite the snapshotting changes which I'm still not sure about whether I like it or not.

I think you meant Nazgrim, and that technically isn't cheating. Just clever use of game mechanics.

As for the ranking in general, I honestly gave up on ranking this tier. Too many RNG related things going on either due to fight mechanics or trinkets along with all the cheesing. Nazgrim was fun for this one time but... meh. Maybe next expansion everything will be on equal footing, despite the snapshotting changes which I'm still not sure about whether I like it or not.
    Hunters has literally no snapshotting going on, it's not going to affect us *at all* compared to the casters or feral druids etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I ment shamans in general because you can save the tidal shamans on galakras and the shamans on nazgrim =P!

Deleted
    Hunters has literally no snapshotting going on, it's not going to affect us *at all* compared to the casters or feral druids etc.
    Wouldn't say that's completely true. You can clip a Black Arrow tick with a proc and gain damage out of it, or go up to a high amount of focus during a proc, dump everything on Multi-shots just as the proc runs out, and then spend time rebuilding that focus while Serpent Sting ticks with the proc when you are AoEing as Survival. Then again neither really provide that much of a damage increase. I just feel it takes away yet another small part that allows good Hunters to be good compared to the slightly worse Hunters.

I am really happy it's not going to benefit casters or ferals as much as it does now though. It feels like it went out of hand pretty rapidly especially for ferals.

I ment shamans in general because you can save the tidal shamans on galakras and the shamans on nazgrim =P!
    Oh of course, whoops. My mistake.

Deleted
    Lets focus on Shoults Wol, his stamped is doing nearly 20% of his Dps.

It's the same for megablocks.

It's quite strange and their must be something wrong under that. Proc trinket can't be the only reason.

Cheating with stamped is quite easy : for example bring your pet to shadowmoon valley and look after wowhead.com/npc=21305/mutant-horror#abilities. Wait until your pet have 10 stacks of mutated blood, dismiss it. Do the same with all your pets. Go to Soo, at each stamped all your pets summoned have 100% extra dommage (Fixed 03-12).

You can also look at megablocks pets summoned on juggernaut : 2 hit for 44 crit.. // 5 hit for 39 crit... (same for Shoults). Coincidence?????

Wtf? maybe a crit+haste buff and not extra dommage... i am still investigating
    Last edited by mmoc3489260690; 2014-03-13 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seen this trick only a few days ago. It was just like Hunterlove said. Mobs in SMV giving your pet a buff, dismiss pet at 10 stacks, repeat to all 4 non active pets. When summoned for stampede they did a shit ton of damage. They fixed it already tho.

The pets are doing barely a million more each than my stampede pets were in last nights raids on the same fights, and I didn't exactly have good procs when I used it. You're better off just giving up, Hunter - I highly doubt you'll find something there. It's just RNG of getting a TED proc under stampede or not.
    As for Bovan, filthy surv hunter you =P. Sure, little more snapshotting in surv, but... Eh.

Most of the top parses are done with dual-TED on top of the second AOC + Stampede which gives you something about as strong as a second full-on opener just without the Bloodlust and if you co-ordinate with your warriors a lilbit that's about when Shattering Throw is available too.

Deleted
    according to you, KATZ (megabocks pet on malkorock) doing 3 hits for 39 crits is Rng? Sundar 2 hits for 34 crits is Rng too? Can you tell me how many crits and hits your pets summoned were doing?

4 x 1 million is quite a lot !

Thank you for giving your opinion dracodraco ! it will help me a lot

If i am wrong, i am truly sorry !

It is RNG but pets commonly have 70-80% crit rate, check your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterlove View Post
    according to you, KATZ (megabocks pet on malkorock) doing 3 hits for 39 crits is Rng? Sundar 2 hits for 34 crits is Rng too? Can you tell me how many crits and hits your pets summoned were doing?

4 x 1 million is quite a lot !

Thank you for giving your opinion dracodraco ! it will help me a lot

If i am wrong, i am truly sorry !
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=56 crit - 29. Glancing - 9. Normal hit - 1.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=58&ability=1 crit - 29. Glancing - 9. Normal hit - 1.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=46&ability=1 crit - 26. Glancing - 11. Normalt hit - 2.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=57&ability=1 crit - 25. glancing - 11. Normal hit - 2. Blocked crit - 1.

They do not hit alot if you pop them with agility procs (high crit bonus).
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-03-13 at 04:15 PM.

now imagine megabloks with 3 skull banners and 3 shattering throws

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    now imagine megabloks with 3 skull banners and 3 shattering throws
    Im Pretty Jelly. Cause im sure in 25s this is easily possible and likely happening....... #10man Problems