It's possible to be a melee hunter (video)

I've seen a lot of posts about people wanting a melee hunter spec, so i decided to try it out. Made a quick un-edited video of me doing flex dark shamans as a melee (daggers) hunter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6rnJuo4-Nk&

Average single tar dps on fights like jugg/malkorok seems to be 300-310k, so 25-30% less than using a real weapon.

To all the people begging for a hunter melee spec, you can do this if you really want to. It's obviously a lot worse than using real weapons, but it's fun. If they made arcane/multi/kill shots + serpent sting castable without a ranged weapon, this would be able to do the same DPS as any other weapon as BM.

I know a lot of people will make comments such as "but your pet and cloak and meta are doing the most of your damage!" but that's true with a bow as well, and who cares, I'm using daggers.

the things we do when the tier is over .
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2014-03-13 at 02:47 AM.

LOL

Good times man. Great music and video. I'll be asking for daggers or other melee weapons now.

Edit: Oh no my bag space!

well it's just BM with autoattacking XD

dat 2,500 views in a day

well that was pretty awesome!

so many people in the video comments can't seem to appreciate the "things we do when the tier is over", and especially the end of the expansion! personally I love seeing unique uses of mechanics and people attempting to do things that are completely unoptimal just to show they can.

besides, you probably pulled more dps than most of them! lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1k31zoaV-U

I clear bronze, silver, and attempt gold proving grounds! Tank mode of course. Warlock, tank mode.

Great vid! Now someone pull off shaman tank and ill be really impressed!

Ha! I thought you were the second hunter on the parse. Good times.

If I saw this video without reading the description, I would assume it's an instant-90 guy.

reminded me of this
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Should have made a weapon swap macro to use a bow for Multi Shots and keeping beast cleave up. That would have been badass, switching between bows and daggers in melee range.

Dat rogue, lol. It's either a terrible geared alt or the guy who plays it is utterly bad. Great video though, even if it does kinda nice DPS, it's gimping yourself to being a melee, which... I'm not sure is good for hunters, considering they are the perfect class - ranged & able to keep their rotations while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Erikrsson View Post
    Dat rogue, lol. It's either a terrible geared alt or the guy who plays it is utterly bad. Great video though, even if it does kinda nice DPS, it's gimping yourself to being a melee, which... I'm not sure is good for hunters, considering they are the perfect class - ranged & able to keep their rotations while moving.
    Pretty sure you missed the point of this... :/

Deleted
    Real men use a strength 2 handed weapon instead.
    On a different note, don't you have engineering? You can use the frag belt and land sharks with any weapon equipped as well.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2014-03-16 at 03:52 PM.

I actually had my bow break 2 minutes into a progress fight recently. Had to continue hitting the boss with my bare fists and using glaives/pet cd's and traps (had to turn off the trap launcher to be able to use them, I was SV aswell so nokill command sadly), still averaged 150k dps at end of fight lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iocus View Post
    Great vid! Now someone pull off shaman tank and ill be really impressed!
    I should go for this, I have thought about it on and off and it's something that I'm really interested in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badaku View Post
    If I saw this video without reading the description, I would assume it's an instant-90 guy.
    I would be amazed how that ins a 90 acquired melee weapons with all the personal loot we have.

I never got why they actually took away the ability to equip both melee and ranged weapons. So many good times in vanilla getting raptor strike and mongoose crits + immolation trap.