Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

STOP THINKING FOR US!!!

Thanks,
    Your players.

I'm sorry but there's no way in hell I could love a world w/o flying. I was really excited back years and years ago when I got my first flight form...And someone else said it right - we levelled up to get it, we PAID for it, and now you want to tell us that we "might like" not being able to use the ability I've dropped over 10k on? No. No thanks. You can fuck right off.

I want. Mah batform.
    You'll still be able to use your flying, just not in the Draenor world.
    You have NOT paid for flying in Draenor yet so you'll still have what you paid for.

Honestly, I'm glad there's no flying at release, Hopefully it will make people appreciate the effort blizzard puts into creating grand landscapes and beautiful scenery.

Also, I remember one of the dev's saying why its not at release is because they don't want people bunny hopping from quest to quest and skipping so much with flying mounts, they want to provide immersion, and its rather selfish that people would complain about it, I know for a fact the vast majority of veteran players will appreciate it, maybe the young-ens can learn to also.

I don't really care about the lack of flying mounts; the world is more engaging when you can't skip past everything by flying. But they should at least leave flying alone in the rest of the game, since people have gotten used to flying there and some areas were designed with flying in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Let´s sell one more flying mount on the store before no one can use it in Draenor ...
    Or sell the only mount than can fly in Draenor. Blizzard couldn't be that cynical... Could they?
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    Or sell the only mount than can fly in Draenor. Blizzard couldn't be that cynical... Could they?
    That would defeat the freaking purpose.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

After spending 10843 gold and 20 silver on flight training for each of my 9 alts. WHY THE F' would I POSSIBLY want to use it? Should have made the deluxe edition mount a ground mount then, it seems....

Quote Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
    After spending 10843 gold and 20 silver on flight training for each of my 9 alts. WHY THE F' would I POSSIBLY want to use it? Should have made the deluxe edition mount a ground mount then, it seems....
    It is both a flyer and a ground mount, problem solved

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I don't really care about the lack of flying mounts; the world is more engaging when you can't skip past everything by flying. But they should at least leave flying alone in the rest of the game, since people have gotten used to flying there and some areas were designed with flying in mind.
    running as fast as you can through the least mob-populated route you can find, hoping you don't get dazed off your mount and forced to deal with a handful of mobs that threaten nothing but your time does not make the world more engaging. They need to incentivize ground travel, by making it more interesting or rewarding, not punish players for choosing convenience.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wasn't there 5 years before BC(Which is when Flying Mounts came?)
    Haha what? No....try two.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

I'm willing to bet the 'immediate effects' of the Iron Horde coming through the portal is going to involve Nethergarde / the Horde base being sacked, and the heroes saving the day and reclaiming them, or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It is both a flyer and a ground mount, problem solved
    Doesn't solve the nearly 100k gold i've spent for the privilege of possibly not flying even eventually in the next expac zones. I was ok with not flying until level cap, or hell until the first patch. But seriously, how the hell do they think people are going to take it, that they are going to wait and see how much of a shitstorm has to brew before changing their mind?

Its bad customer relations to design something, have people pour money into it, take it away and then if you complain enough they deign to give it back to us.

I am a wee bit worried about the 45 minute thing mentioned about the pre expansion event, It sounds like it's going to be a *once done quest chain* and not something that you can continually interact with over the weeks before WoD release, I hope it does have more involved than just a 45 minute quest chain, I really do! Fingers crossed.

Deleted
    NO flying???? Noooo NOOOOOO Noooooo!!!!!!!! NOT GOOD!!! I don`t care, if I can`t fly while leveling, but at level 100 I wanna fly over Draenor!!!! Flying makes you faster! You wanna play slower??? Go ahead..don`t fly, good for u, but NOT FOR ME!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by g0rg0n View Post
    Doesn't solve the nearly 100k gold i've spent for the privilege of possibly not flying even eventually in the next expac zones. I was ok with not flying until level cap, or hell until the first patch. But seriously, how the hell do they think people are going to take it, that they are going to wait and see how much of a shitstorm has to brew before changing their mind?

Its bad customer relations to design something, have people pour money into it, take it away and then if you complain enough they deign to give it back to us.
    Oh I totally get it, I'm a Druid, and being that one of my classes abilities is null and void for a patch, on top of not being able to use my shiney mounts, does suck, but I also see it from the view that, all that gold spent on flying in the past was for those specific expansions, every expansion, something changes, and we have to pay for flying again, till next expansion, so it's meh to me.

I think honestly, we should wait and see, I mean they are building this expansion around ground mounts, where as before the expansions were built around having flyers, so they may have new and interesting stuff that will hook us into ground movement, I'm willing to wait and get some info from Beta before going mental over not having flight for a patch or more, if they don't do the ground mount environment justice, then I will be the first over on their forums telling them they might have got it wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    If blizzard takes away flight for an entire expansion, I kinda hope there's a mass revolt against them for such a boneheaded decision.

I am a wee bit worried about the 45 minute thing mentioned about the pre expansion event, It sounds like it's going to be a *once done quest chain* and not something that you can continually interact with over the weeks before WoD release, I hope it does have more involved than just a 45 minute quest chain, I really do! Fingers crossed.
    The 45 min is the start of the expansion, after we have arrived Dreanor.

The pre expansion stuff will take months since some tweets have indicated that the iron horde will take quite a chunke of Eastern Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Permatree View Post
    running as fast as you can through the least mob-populated route you can find, hoping you don't get dazed off your mount and forced to deal with a handful of mobs that threaten nothing but your time does not make the world more engaging. They need to incentivize ground travel, by making it more interesting or rewarding, not punish players for choosing convenience.
    If you can't come up with an incentive to stay on the ground, I don't think hoping that Blizzard employees can is such a great thing to do.

I see a massive backlash coming with regards to the no flying. Seems like a bit of the entire too little too late type of thing. Kind of like when they decided to up dungeon difficulty in cata after an entire expansion of facerolling in wrath. I see no good to come of this.

More bad than good came from flying, I think. Not only bad, mind - just more. It's convenient, but it made the game smaller, and the possible sights farther between... at least in the sense of seeing other players' antics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you missed the interviews where it is stated that the event is basicly them pouring from the portal for several weeks.

It sounds like the Burning Crusade event, but instead of the Legion, it'll be Iron Horde.