Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foron269 View Post
    Honestly, I'm glad there's no flying at release, Hopefully it will make people appreciate the effort blizzard puts into creating grand landscapes and beautiful scenery.

Also, I remember one of the dev's saying why its not at release is because they don't want people bunny hopping from quest to quest and skipping so much with flying mounts, they want to provide immersion, and its rather selfish that people would complain about it, I know for a fact the vast majority of veteran players will appreciate it, maybe the young-ens can learn to also.
    Yeah I'm a "veteran player."

Playing this game for so long has allowed me to realize that I really like playing the game I want to play.

If I want to bunny hop between quests, so what?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"it's possible to keep..." - yeah, possible, but not comfortable.
    bloodwing will be awesome to ride Draenor. Bat that can't fly, just what i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie View Post
    The 45 min is the start of the expansion, after we have arrived Dreanor.

The pre expansion stuff will take months since some tweets have indicated that the iron horde will take quite a chunke of Eastern Kingdoms.
    God I am such a moron, I read the first line and smooshed it in with the second line, thanks for clarifying that! nearly 6am and haven't slept, I think my bed is calling me haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I think you missed the interviews where it is stated that the event is basicly them pouring from the portal for several weeks.

It sounds like the Burning Crusade event, but instead of the Legion, it'll be Iron Horde.

Yeah I read both lines as one, instead of separate *derps* lack of sleep and not paying attention Thanks for the clarification though

Quote Originally Posted by yarjin View Post
    "it's possible to keep..." - yeah, possible, but not comfortable.
    bloodwing will be awesome to ride Draenor. Bat that can't fly, just what i was looking for.
    Whats funny is the fact that most of the blizzard store mounts were marketed as also being flyers. So those mounts will only have like half animation in the new expansion. I also for see them making faction cities with full AH and other amenities in WoD content so those areas will become new hubs where players gather and thus not using their flying mounts there either. Good thing I didn't hop on the WoD pre-order bandwagon. I'm definitely going to wait and see how this plays out. No flying mounts in WoD and I am definitely not going to enjoy it. I really dislike being forced to use a ground mount for an entire expansion. At least in MoP Im limited only to the 2 islands so I can actually explore pandaria the way I want to.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

More and more the design team seems completely out of touch with the player base. Removing the option to fly altogether from end game content is going to result in backlash. It also reveals that they are designing the quest zones without flight in mind, which just seems short-sighted and ill-conceived. Elsewhere someone suggested there would be no crafted gear in this xpac either. This raises doubts in my mind about the direction the entire game is taking. I'll play WoD and check it out, but I suspect it'll be my last xpac. It's not that I'm going to ragequit over flying, but it just sounds like the current design team doesn't even have a concept of what sorts of things I enjoy in this game.

I don't see what the huge problem is?! From the looks of it you would think half the people here play the game literally only for flying?? I see a lot of people complaining about "Dropping 10k for flying" Who cares? 10k is a joke these days. I remember paying 600g for all my and brothers toons epic riding back in BC, and that was a lot harder to come by than 10k these days. Not to forget how even much harder it was in Vanilla. If they design the zones and quests around not being able to fly then it shouldn't be a huge major inconvenience.

Also wik- I have a ton of cool land mounts I hardly get to use that I spent loads of time obtaining! I'm excited!
    Also also wik- Back in the days of the old warlords they pretty much only traveled by foot.

why dont all you whiners shut up until beta when we can see their alternatives to flying?

and i thought it was pretty obvious they were saving the red hearthsteed for another event
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Guards at Huojin Landing and Tushui Landing on Timeless Isle are now significantly deadlier.
    Well damn. Always walking into the wrong camp without realizing it and have a chance to maybe escape. Now I'll be insta-dead.

'Mumper' is a smug little cunt isnt he

Deleted
    I think some people have forgot that the no-flying is only on Draenor.

They react like there's no flying in the WHOLE GAME!

Stupids are stupeé

I have no idea why people are so upset about the no flying thing. I mean yeah, I agree that it's a bit illogical that we pay for flying and then at max level it's disallowed, but they're obviously going to add it at some point, probably first major patch.

I personally think it's pretty fine, they can easily balance flight paths/routes to make getting to certain places (like raid instances) without flying not be a huge deal. Is it really that big of a deal if you can't fly by yourself?

I for one look forward to seeing Karabor looking all imposing and shit.
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I unsubbed already, and definitely won't be back if there is no flying in WoD. I'm not alone. Blizzard isn't just alienating people like me - I've never seen so many people dissatisfied with the game as it is let alone a this sad excuse for an expansion.

I see why Ghostcrawler left - he didn't want to be associated with this mess.

You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release

in Draenor at release

at release

AT RELEASE

You guys all act like they're never going to do it, or worse, as if they plan to remove flying from the game.

Deleted
    My warlock would love the red version

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how they say they "want to see how people react", but they had to extend the post limit on the flying discussion thread on the official forums THREE times! And excluding the same 2-3 trolls that were in it on the anti-flying bus, the responses to it have not exactly been positive.

But, hey. Let's just WAIT and see them make their third straight expansion mistake. By all means, knock yourselves out, Blizz.

"You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this."

They already reacted. It was overwhelmingly negative. And to those saying you love them taking flying away. What's it like being a hypocrite? Stop using your flying mounts right now or stfu.

Its official the devs have become Rtards . It's cata all over again trying to tell us how to enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    "You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this."

They already reacted. It was overwhelmingly negative. And to those saying you love them taking flying away. What's it like being a hypocrite? Stop using your flying mounts right now or stfu.
    The zones are being designed around not needing flying. That's not such a terrible thing? I don't think I have to totally cut out flying altogether just because I might enjoy using my ground mounts for once in the x-pac.

WEll IF FLYING IS TAKEN OUT FOR ENTIRE X PACK THEY CAN REFUND MY MONEY FOR ALL MY MOUNTS PLUS MY 70 BUCKS I WASTED ON PRE OREDER! & I NO IM NOT ALONE HERE. THEY DO THIS AND THEY WILL LOOSE MILLIONS OF SUBS WAIT & C!!!!!!! PLUS ID SAY THA THOUSANDS LOL IM SPENT ON THIS GAME ALL TOGETHER. SINCE LAUNCH IN 04 I REALLY DONT THINK THERE THIS STUPID. BUT I GUESS WE WILL C..............

Quote Originally Posted by Nothos View Post
    The zones are being designed around not needing flying. That's not such a terrible thing? I don't think I have to totally cut out flying altogether just because I might enjoy using my ground mounts for once in the x-pac.
    So when you want to go to your farm when you're in shrine do you hop on your ground mount and head over to the gate towards krasarang? Then go through the cave over to the veiled stair and then down the mountain and through all the critters in the valley? That's what you do right? Cause you guys hate flying. You hate it so much that you're not content with just you doing that long trek, you want EVERYONE to be FORCED to do it with you.