Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Since we're on the topic of combustion, how are people seeing 100k combustions. Best I've seen at ilevel 577 (12.9k haste, 3.5k mastery fyi) is about 75k.

Deleted
    Since we're on the topic of combustion, how are people seeing 100k combustions. Best I've seen at ilevel 577 (12.9k haste, 3.5k mastery fyi) is about 75k.
    There's a way to get a higher combustion, two ways actually. the 5 pyro opener and the mage opener.

One consists of abusing travel time of pyroblast to fit in 5 pyroblasts in 4 gcds, and the other is opening with mage opener and swapping to molten armor with pom, right before combust. Kver and I have written a more detailed guide to this here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...e-to-fire-v10/

Scroll down to advanced, and check the openers there.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2014-03-20 at 05:44 PM.

I think at 560 you should definitely be breaking 200k. Especially on the opener, as long as you're using it on trinket pops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Best I saw on Garrosh progress yesterday was 82k. 571 ilvl with flex BBoY, regular HC bindings. Do you have a skull banner? BBoY high stacks with skull banner is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kver View Post
    Best I saw on Garrosh progress yesterday was 82k. 571 ilvl with flex BBoY, regular HC bindings. Do you have a skull banner? BBoY high stacks with skull banner is amazing.
    Yep we have skull banner. My combustions are pretty hit and miss though. Sometimes they're just god awful. I'll try out the mage armor switch I suppose...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Yep we have skull banner. My combustions are pretty hit and miss though. Sometimes they're just god awful. I'll try out the mage armor switch I suppose...
    75k+ Combustions are really good. If you're using KTT and not BBoY that's why you're seeing lower combustions. I'm using KTT myself and I practically never get over 75k combustions. (20% unbuffed mastery, 578 ilvl)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    75k+ Combustions are really good. If you're using KTT and not BBoY that's why you're seeing lower combustions. I'm using KTT myself and I practically never get over 75k combustions. (20% unbuffed mastery, 578 ilvl)
    Yep. BBoY is increeedibly powerful for combustions. KTT has other strengths, though.

Can someone explain why it's no good to use Pom pyro the second time for combust?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain why it's no good to use Pom pyro the second time for combust?
    Because the PoM Pyro does count as casted spell an not as Pyroblast! procc therefore it does less damage.

edit: if possible you shouldn't use PomPyro at all for combustion. But sometimes it does make sense, depending on crit luck. Just be aware of your crits. For example, if your 2 first Pyros! crit (the 1st will 100% the 2nd got a very high chance) then release the 3rd and reset AT without using PoM.
    Last edited by Abraxis; 2014-03-31 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I have to vent it somewhere:

1st combustion on thok

Our Disc priest got DC and we wiped on this try =/

Deleted
    60 ticks with 500k ignite value? That's pretty obscene! How much haste and mastery are you running? And I'm guessing you got BBoY HCWF + PBoI HCWF?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ervir/advanced

Yeah, i do manipulate the last stacks of BBoY

Deleted
    Oh, HCWF BBoY, that's cheating!