Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    How about the BMAH, buyable HEROIC raid gear? I know its usually only one piece at a time but that's still buying gear.
    For me, as long as the cost of said gear is down to in-game currency I've found I can live with it. I don't really like the BMAH very much in practice and consider it to be a step down a dark road that leads nowhere good. But it alone isn't quite a dealbreaker for me personally.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    No-where has this even been mentioned or considered. The interview spoke about a game where maybe people learn to love World of Warcraft without flying, but one patch is not going to give them enough data and response from the players to make a decision about that.

It's a big decision, and they're not going to make that early expansion, it'll be done as a "feature" of the expansion.
    Check Afrasiabi's tweets that are in the current news post on the front page. The fact that he's tweeting that at the same time they're promoting the Hearthsteed flying mount is dumb. I'm sorry. It's just dumb as far as coherent messaging is concerned. Afrasiabi isn't some low-level peon in the Blizzard food chain. Tweets that casually and directly contradict the community manager's--the guys who are supposed to be handling the messaging to players--previous statements with no preparation is not really very aware.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-13 at 05:22 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Have you ever sat and given serious thought to what your dealbreaker would be in WoW? What is the one thing (or more than one if you are very picky) that made you/would make you quit the game and never resub?
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Pay to win, as in buying best in slot gear.

Same as rich. I personally wouldn't really mind if they sold starter gear or heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Best in slot store items that are only available in the store. I can't make up my mind about the current BS about no flying in Draenor for possibly the entire expansion while at the same time Blizz is promoting the Hearthsteed flying mount. It's either mindlessly dumb to be talking about one of those things or something worse. For now I think it's simply that Blizzard has too many people talking about too much stuff with no one coordinating messaging. It's bad, whatever it is.
    I'm thinking what we might end up with is flying in any old content areas, while no flying in new content areas. So when patch 7.0 came around we could fly in Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    No-where has this even been mentioned or considered. The interview spoke about a game where maybe people learn to love World of Warcraft without flying, but one patch is not going to give them enough data and response from the players to make a decision about that.

It's a big decision, and they're not going to make that early expansion, it'll be done as a "feature" of the expansion.

You should read the front page more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm thinking what we might end up with is flying in any old content areas, while no flying in new content areas. So when patch 7.0 came around we could fly in Draenor.
    At worst that's what I think it will be as well. I should say I don't mind no flying in Draenor personally. I really don't. My comment is directed to the current messaging that is going on at Blizzard which, at best is amusing. In any case if I were thinking about perhaps getting a flying mount from the store, I wouldn't think about it any longer. Draenor is where we are all supposed to be next expansion. If there's no flying--again something I'm OK with--why would I care about new flying mounts, free or otherwise? That's my point.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Friends quitting...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    At worst that's what I think it will be as well. I should say I don't mind no flying in Draenor personally. I really don't. My comment is directed to the current messaging that is going on at Blizzard which, at best is amusing. In any case if I were thinking about perhaps getting a flying mount from the store, I wouldn't think about it any longer. Draenor is where we are all supposed to be next expansion. If there's no flying--again something I'm OK with--why would I care about new flying mounts, free or otherwise? That's my point.

I agree with you that it doesn't make sense to advertise a flying mount while at the same time saying you won't be able to use in it new content.

Kinda of a lol... ok... why buy it then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    How about the BMAH, buyable HEROIC raid gear? I know its usually only one piece at a time but that's still buying gear.
    Pretty sure he means buyable with real money. Arguing that people will buy gold therefore it's the same thing doesn't really wash, people have been sorting out deals to transfer real money to get in game boosts or certain raid drops and the like since... forever. Therefore Skype would have to be a pay to win tool... Kinda doesn't make sense.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Pay 2 Win (realizing of course that this is drastically different for everyone, I will say nothing I've seen Blizzard sell thus far, including the boost to 90 qualifies as P2W in my book).

If my guild were to quit or move to a different game, I'm with them.

Removal of flying on a permanent basis. It's hard enough leveling my main character without flying, and all of my alts are either an expansion behind or they leveled through dungeon crawling and literally never leaving an area they could fly in.

A bump in the cost of subscription would cause me to abandon ship as well.

I'm sure there are other things, but any of those would be very firm deal breakers for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Pay to win, as in buying best in slot gear.
    This precisely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard not learning from their mistakes.

Seriously though, if they're not going to improve the time it takes between the last patch of an expansion and the release of the next expansion when WoD's last expansion is out, I'll most likely quit. It's really idiotic how they can do this without consequences. Promising faster release dates because so they don't have to add anything into the game for 7-8 months is just plain stupid.

While it wasn't initially, my deal breaker now is the subscription. I've got no intentions to ever play again as long as it's got a subscription, unless they make all extra paid services and expansions included free. I can certainly afford all of it, but I'm tired of being milked, since no other game I play does that. I'm also tired of having to grind gear every single season over and over, so there's that too.

I'll start deliberately looking for a "dealbreaker" when I want an excuse to quit anyway. Until that point I will be examining each change and action on a case-by-case basis.

My last straws would be going free-to-play, and implementing a bard class.

- Removing flying for big zones, already put the WoD buy on stand buy until they release a clear statement (not we feel, we think, we want to experiment on your ass blah blah)
    - Going f2p
    - Making old content not soloable
    - Returning to the TBC "golden" ways of "progression"

Basically a dealbreaker must affect ME, I don't give a fuck if they decided to sell all the gear in the world, since I don't care if there's some idiot that spends 1000 dollars on latest tier. I would probably be mad if I were Garrosh, I mean, "who he fuck are these noobs dressed in P2W gear that want to kill ME?". Or if I'd be into PvP competitively. Still waiting to see what are the implications for level 90 boosts, but I don't imagine quitting if the number of complete retards dramatically increases

Whats wrong with F2P? I'd definately wellcome it, a lot of my real life friends would come back and its not like Blizzard is giving us good content from our sub. People say the community will get bad.... but isn't it already bad?

already happened :
    - reason #1 no flying at max lvl
    - reason #2 item squish (just a quick way out of screwed up programming)
    - reason #3 horrible story line

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    My deal breaker would be catering to Hardcores and re-implementing all of the bullshit tedious time sinks/mechanics from Vanilla that made the game more of a chore and less of a relaxing hobby. I am a casual and enjoy the game as it stands. But if they ever over-tuned shit, added back in reagents and other crappy mechanics, and removed flying (any one of those three), I would drop the game faster than a locomotive.
    You must be aware that as a casual, the game becoming more hardcore again (harder dungeons, mutliple raid tiers still "relevant" at the same time) would mean virtually endless content for you ? That is, if you're somewhat skilled and persevering, and not lazy and bad and not looking to improve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    People buy gold for the purpose of using it on the BMAH for gear or mounts.

On topic, my dealbreaker is WoW going Free to Play.
    Thats offered by illegal services, and not endorsed by Blizzard. So the game itself isn't (I hate using this term) p2w, since it's not done through the game itself.

When I find a game that is better and more fun for me. I don't have a huge emotional attachment to a video game where there is any "deal breaker".

Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    You must be aware that as a casual, the game becoming more hardcore again (harder dungeons, mutliple raid tiers still "relevant" at the same time) would mean virtually endless content for you ? That is, if you're somewhat skilled and persevering, and not lazy and bad and not looking to improve.
    Just as the goldfish in the fishbowl regards his environment as virtually endless. The solution is so simple - just grow legs and lungs and you can explore the rest of the room. Stupid lazy goldfish with their fins and gills. No desire to evolve.