Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Garrosh HC opening add burst

Hello.

Currently wondering about my dps during Garrosh HC's adds. I have BS of course, but sometimes I'll be 2nd or so on dps or I'll be close to the bottom, though I do the same thing every time. Is it just proc based? I can see cloak not procing as something that might be the cause of it. Just feels bads to be low sometimes even when I have BS. Mainly competing with a lock and an ench shaman, but everyone is pretty close.

Also, waiting for the first adds to come, should I open like it's single target and pop cd's or save them for when they come?

Doing pulls at the moment so will post pics in a sec.
    Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-03-13 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Copy and pasted from Arch's post in the BS vs DR thread on Garrosh:

I charge - BT - CS - RB - BT - (Reck) - SB - RB OR start BS early depending on if adds are up to me yet.
    Optimally I would finish CS phase with Reck and SB last but I've found sometimes the adds are already to me by that last GCD of CS. Whatever you do, don't push back your Bladestorm! Cant stress that enough. Start BS as soon as adds get in range.

Deleted

This feels crap.

I didn't think of saving reck half way through just before SB so thank you very much. Happy with this now.

Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-03-13 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post
    Hello.

Currently wondering about my dps during Garrosh HC's adds. I have BS of course, but sometimes I'll be 2nd or so on dps or I'll be close to the bottom, though I do the same thing every time. Is it just proc based? I can see cloak not procing as something that might be the cause of it. Just feels bads to be low sometimes even when I have BS. Mainly competing with a lock and an ench shaman, but everyone is pretty close.

Also, waiting for the first adds to come, should I open like it's single target and pop cd's or save them for when they come?

Doing pulls at the moment so will post pics in a sec.
    Are the adds dying quickly? If yes then there isn't a problem. Besides ele and (i'm going to assume destruction based on the screenshot ) warlocks have very solid easy to pull off AoE. Also you may be hitting thunderclap I wouldn't waste the rage unless they're going to be up for a good while but there may be numbers to prove me wrong. Hope this helps /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Are the adds dying quickly? If yes then there isn't a problem. Besides ele and (i'm going to assume destruction based on the screenshot ) warlocks have very solid easy to pull off AoE. Also you may be hitting thunderclap I wouldn't waste the rage unless they're going to be up for a good while but there may be numbers to prove me wrong. Hope this helps /
    Why would I TC? I'm Fury...

Why would I TC? I'm Fury...
    Cuz u know.. good fun. looks good

10+ Year Old Account
    what....you guys don't glyph thunderclap, then use it as fury for the cool visuals?

Seriously, I do like the visual though. I wouldn't advise doing this for optimal dps.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    what....you guys don't glyph thunderclap, then use it as fury for the cool visuals?

Seriously, I do like the visual though. I wouldn't advise doing this for optimal dps.
    What do u mean? It isn't better than bladestorm? ^_^

Deleted
    Who you guys making fun of, me or the guy that suggests TC? ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    No--I do like the visual of it glyphed. You really shouldn't use TC as fury though. It hits like a wet noodle for the rage it costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who you guys making fun of, me or the guy that suggests TC? ;P
    Also you may be hitting thunderclap I wouldn't waste the rage unless they're going to be up for a good while but there may be numbers to prove me wrong.
    Taken from my first post nowhere in there does it suggest USING TC when in fact it advises against it.

I didn't think of saving reck half way through just before SB so thank you very much. Happy with this now.
    Since he quoted me, you are welcome!

This is poor advice for Fury. While Ele and Destro AoE may be easy (though certainly not easier than 1-button Bladestorm burst), it does cost them Single Target damage, which Bladestorm does not. For more information, check out this thread in which the benefits of Bladestorm over Shockwave or Dragon Roar.

Second, as others pointed out already, Fury should never Thunderclap. I imagine you thought he was Arms.

Also, and I just want to point out. The adds taking extra damage or dying before the Iron Star is really only an issue if Garrosh fails to push into transition before a 3rd wave of mobs spawn. The second Shaman doesn't make a lick of difference, and really even if the third group spawns you can make the fights DPS check. it is simply a nice guideline.
    This really just depends on your groups DPS and when/how fast you push him. At any rate, if the group is not getting enough Single Target damage on Garrosh due to excess AoE; the other classes should stop cleaving. The Warrior should never not use Bladestorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again I did not suggest using thunderclap I said he may be using it in which case he should not.

10+ Year Old Account
    . Also you may be hitting thunderclap I wouldn't waste the rage unless they're going to be up for a good while but there may be numbers to prove me wrong. Hope this helps /
    The problem with this is, even if they were up for a while, you still would not use TC as fury. Fury may as well not even have it the spell book, since it is never used.

My old guild actually had an app from a Fury Warrior who used Thunderclap as Fury. My initial impression was to deny him because of that and a couple other things but he ended up being a pretty good player.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be a good player while thinking an ability is good or better than it is.

Don't worry about your DPS. Give your epeen a rest. Worry about single target unless you're not knocking back the adds into the iron star. The adds are filler, Garrosh is what matters.

For what it's worth. I charge BT > Reck/SkullB>Colossus Smash>Storm Bolt>Raging Blow>RB>Zerker rage>RB>Blade Storm. Who cares if you don't peak at #1. You won't be able compete anyway with the face roll classes. Concentrate on Garrosh, kill garrosh, Collect loot.

Are you Shattering Throw at pull - it makes a large difference.

my rotation is pot > ST > Cry+Charge > CS > Enrage > Sweeping> Wrek+SB > BS > Thunderclap

I usually get top dps at pull

I just realized ur fury - and the rotation is totally different - ignore me I is dumb.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2014-03-14 at 03:03 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    The shaman is enhance, but yeah. No need to supercleave the adds down. Gotta get dat epeen tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play it correctly, you will be near the top for overall damage, and near the top for garrosh damage.