Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft is Blizzard's Most Neglected Franchise...By FAR

Normally I'm not bothered by the amount of stupidity that occurs in this sector of the interweb -it's to be expected- but recently, more than some of the headlines I've glanced at have induced a chronic state of "double-take".

It seems like SCII and DIII are getting all of the effort. SCII had a great expansion and has burgeoning support for its mod community. DIII has effectively been overhauled from a B+ title into a AAA title (Blizzard literally turned a 180 in quality improvement changes, no small feat). And Warcraft... Jesus, it's Spring 2014 and where is it?...

...It's at least 2 quarters away, placing it a cool 5 quarters after SoO. This is after the developers at Bcon gave us their thoughts about a Spring release.

...And it's going to cost 25% more. https://battle.net/shop/en/product/w...rds-of-draenorAfter they deliberately said it would not at Bcon.

...And they are removing features. "Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying."

I mean, I've grown up playing Blizzard games, they're great, and for the most part, they still are. But, I'm having a little trouble suspending disbelief every time a Blue post is made about WoW. In the end, development takes more time than ever, and they *want* to abolish features to make the game artificially longer to play: i.e. less to develop, and if that wasn't enough, the product is more expensive than ever.

The discrepancy, we all know, deep down, is money. We've already seen this unfold with the RMAH and the $shop$ buttons branded to the UI. But the RMAH was removed...and rightly so! So why haven't the WoW devs taken the hint? Because ($15.00 USD x 12 + $50.00 USD) x 7,000,000 translates to roughly a Billion and a half dollars per year. That's why. And to think the excellent SCII was made for a mere hundred million. Oh wait, that was the actual cost to produce WoW?! http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...googlenews_wsj So Where the FUCK does the remaining 1.3 Billion go exactly?

It's starting to feel like Blizzard's other franchises. Because, at the moment, it actually feels like they're getting the overhauls they deserve. WC gets whatever is left at the bottom of the barrel. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed each expansion, but I'm *almost* hoping that WoD tanks, so that the SC team can start work on WC4 after LotV is released...
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-03-13 at 08:08 PM.

Removing =/= not applying it to the new continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Removing =/= not applying it to the new continent.
    Bad semantics are bad. I'm only talking about the relevant part, not the part you can now pay to skip.

There's no logic to your post whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    WarCraft is their most neglected franchise? Really? I mean, REALLY?

Seriously, I don't know what planet you are from, but WarCraft has been Blizzard's flagship franchise since the 90s. Nothing is going to change that, as far as I'm concerned.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of bad information in here. It's taking so long because they're working so much on it. Also, a "mention" about what someone "thinks" is "possible" is presented as fact, which is anything but.

Look, the long release time is unfortunate for lots of legitimate reasons. No reason to conjure up false ones or dramatize it all.

The no-flying is due to a minority who can shout the loudest, claiming they are trying to replicate the feeling of the early game, which was in fact due to the attitudes of the players more than it was due to the means of travel.
    Players made the community and players destroyed it, but blizzard are oblivious to this, or at least those in charge are.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    There's no logic to your post whatsoever.
    So you think that WC is in a better position than SC and D?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Warcraft is considered neglected I feel bad for Diablo & Starcraft than. Hearthstone I guess doesn't exist than .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    WarCraft is their most neglected franchise? Really? I mean, REALLY?

Seriously, I don't know what planet you are from, but WarCraft has been Blizzard's flagship franchise since the 90s. Nothing is going to change that, as far as I'm concerned.
    Whoa, I'm talking about recently, not in Blizzard's complete history. Yes, it has obviously received the most overall. But not currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Hearthstone I guess doesn't exist than .
    I've never tried it, so I suppose you're right on the money.

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Warcraft Universe - 7 titles released since 2002.
    Starcraft Universe - 2 released since 2002.
    Diablo Universe - 2 released since 2002.

So how is Warcraft neglected again?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The no-flying is due to a minority who can shout the loudest, claiming they are trying to replicate the feeling of the early game, which was in fact due to the attitudes of the players more than it was due to the means of travel.
    Players made the community and players destroyed it, but blizzard are oblivious to this, or at least those in charge are.
    I think it has everything to do with forcing the developers to create more content. They have explicitly stated that it's more challenging to make bigger zones, etc. It seems like they're eliminating challenges for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Warcraft Universe - 7 titles released since 2002.
    Starcraft Universe - 2 released since 2002.
    Diablo Universe - 2 released since 2002.

So how is Warcraft neglected again?
    Currently, not overall. I didn't think I would have to specify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I think it has everything to do with forcing the developers to create more content. They have explicitly stated that it's more challenging to make bigger zones, etc. It seems like they're eliminating challenges for themselves.
    Challenge doesn't always equate fun. I can understand Warcraft needs more love but neglected?

You fucking kidding me? They added a big chunk of other devs to the team and even more as time goes on. I think WoW has a lot of help on their hands. Problem is we're very concerned with issues then *What could Warcraft need these days*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
    I thought the card game thing was passe after the first time they tried it.

Hearthstone was just released so Warcraft is actually the most recently active Blizzard franchise.

Deleted
    Agree, actually It's amazing they still have subs. All the cinematics and voice acting in wow is god damn awful, I think they should not do quest cinematics if they cba even fuckin hire proper voice actors.

WoW was patched 1 day ago so stats say no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Challenge doesn't always equate fun.
    I meant for the devs. It isn't their job to have fun -although I'm sure they will manage regardless of what direction they take.

Deleted
    I think there isnt one occasion when some kind of quest cinematic pops up in wow that I dont think it was awfully done.