Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm replying to your idiotic troll thread to inform you that you lack the necessary qualifications, in this case: comprehension, to decided whether or not something is neglected. Because you fail to understand a simple concept, you have created a thread which serves no purpose, nor does it further any discussion as you have firmly set your stance on the side of the line marked "oblivious troll goes here". Have a good day. I won't be replying as I have no interest in your feedback. Just thought I'd point out that you wasted my time and thank you for that.

Wow, people here are actually mentally challenged. OP clearly stated it was content in the game that mattered yet people cling to highest dev count, most books etc.

What matters is that in OPs PoV the Diablo and Starcraft games have had developers who actually knows what is wrong or lacking when there is something, and tries to fix it. In WoW they are talking about potentially removing a huge aspect of the game (yes, flying is huge, people have just taken it for granted now), giving us the expansion with the least fresh content and adding 10$ on top of it after clearly stating they wouldn't.

Before people start bitching about new models, they are not in fact content. They are just that, model updates. Would those people also claim that the new water with Cataclysm or whatever was content you could spend time and effort going through as a player?

Not to mention the constant lies since Blizzcon 2005 or was it 2006 when they said that "Starting with TBC, we are going to release expansion in a 12-month cycle". A promise they have repeated over and over, yet always failed to deliver on.

Blizzard hasn't outright lied and removed something the playerbase wants to stay from Diablo or Starcraft. The D3AH being removed is good removal of things. WoW flying being gone for 2years in relevant content is not. Sure, you can fly in Azeroth, woo hoo. Nobody cares about that though, you don't see people chasing new upgrades or farming mats there, you see them in the NEW continent where all the new content is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Wow, people here are actually mentally challenged. OP clearly stated it was content in the game that mattered yet people cling to highest dev count, most books etc.

What matters is that in OPs PoV the Diablo and Starcraft games have had developers who actually knows what is wrong or lacking when there is something, and tries to fix it. In WoW they are talking about potentially removing a huge aspect of the game (yes, flying is huge, people have just taken it for granted now), giving us the expansion with the least fresh content and adding 10$ on top of it after clearly stating they wouldn't.

Before people start bitching about new models, they are not in fact content. They are just that, model updates. Would those people also claim that the new water with Cataclysm or whatever was content you could spend time and effort going through as a player?

Not to mention the constant lies since Blizzcon 2005 or was it 2006 when they said that "Starting with TBC, we are going to release expansion in a 12-month cycle". A promise they have repeated over and over, yet always failed to deliver on.

Blizzard hasn't outright lied and removed something the playerbase wants to stay from Diablo or Starcraft. The D3AH being removed is good removal of things. WoW flying being gone for 2years in relevant content is not. Sure, you can fly in Azeroth, woo hoo. Nobody cares about that though, you don't see people chasing new upgrades or farming mats there, you see them in the NEW continent where all the new content is.
    Technically he is still incorrect. Lost Vikings is Blizzard's most neglected IP.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by partshark View Post
    I won't be replying as I have no interest in your feedback. Just thought I'd point out that you wasted my time and thank you for that.
    It's just as well because you obviously didn't read anything before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You fucking kidding me? They added a big chunk of other devs to the team and even more as time goes on. I think WoW has a lot of help on their hands. Problem is we're very concerned with issues then *What could Warcraft need these days*.
    For all these extra developers the release windows are getting longer. I'm not expecting WoD before the heat-death of the universe.

And what about the bloody post-SoO patch we were promised? That evaporated.

Maybe the extra developers are just holding lots of meetings or something.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I think there is more convenience from flight than fun from world pvp, because most people haven't even encountered the latter, let alone seek it out. You're comparing a special interest to something that affects everything. I think their current plans for pvp indicate that they have cut world pvp loose anyway (outside of the new bg zone they are adding). This isn't just about flying though, it's about the overall value of the game very slowly receding in the midst of a price hike. Don't you have your own criticisms?
    Not really no...I 100% agree with everything their doing. And think there finally on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post

And if you actually played SC2 or D3 you could see that the developers of those games act actually the same as WoW developers. TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP where designed with flying in mind. And it seems that WoD isn't developed with flying in mind looking at how the developers talk. People are jumping to conclusions without knowing how the world will look. Wait till beta is out see how it works and then send the feedback.

It's funny that people claim about no content right now but also complain about potential content that could come with the removal of flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Not really no...I 100% agree with everything their doing. And think there finally on the right track.
    Absolutely 100%?
    Okay.Thanks for clearing that up for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post

It's funny that people claim about no content right now but also complain about potential content that could come with the removal of flying.
    No one was happy about the lack of flying in the TBC zones in Cata either. And yet they added it everywhere else.

This is less about them making a mistake and more about them going back and forth on huge design decisions. It's ridiculous.

They're guessing!!

Gracchus: Fear and wonder, a powerful combination.
    Falco: You really think people are going to be seduced by that?
    Gracchus: I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

If Blizzard fans got there way they would run this game into the ground to it's eventual death and love it till they realize it's ruined. Blizzard knows what you guys are..The mob. And Blizzard knows what's best for there game. More then you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    This is a fair point - the profit margin for WoW certainly indicate it would be nothing to employ additional resources to add extra content without the harm of delaying tiers, patches, etc.

But it's also a pretty slippery slope. Where do you stop? To satisfy a community this large, at what point do you say "Well we added 20 new mounts, 30 new outfits, 10 new battlegrounds and didn't delay a single tier or expansion, but that's enough now guys?"

And how do you prioritise what the people want?

People wanted Pandaren for years.
    Blizz implemented Pandaren and now people complain about it.

I don't know what the answer is, but I understand your concern on that point. I just don't know how, if they started being more flexible on stuff like that, they draw the line.
    I agree with that, but keep in mind that (hopefully) the people that asked for pandaren aren't the ones that now complain about them. For example, I never cared about them and I wouldn't play one, but a lot of people were satisfied with that and it's ok. It's just that even little things that don't come real, like when they said they'd deliver expansion faster, all add up in the eyes of many players, and that sums all up as laziness on Blizzard's part.
    I, for one, find it kinda frustrating when we don't get news about WoW for months, and at the same time, we get new info about all other Blizzard games (might also be because I don't play those, though).

No one was happy about the lack of flying in the TBC zones in Cata either. And yet they added it everywhere else.

This is less about them making a mistake and more about them going back and forth on huge design decisions. It's ridiculous.

They're guessing!!
    1st of all how do you know that no one was happy about the lack of flying in the Blood Elf and Dreanei starter zones? You don't but you guess it with your biased view.

And well you're also guessing it will be horrible in Dreanor without flying. Flying makes a lot of content obsolete very quickly, and with the things they talked about during Blizzcon flying would make the content not worth the effort. People complain about the lack of content as I was trying to say but also complain about the fact Blizzard is trying to create content which can be achieved easier without flying.

If you only care about dungeons, raids well the flight paths will probably be improved with no flying in mind and gets you from the city you're idling faster the you could with flying. The only small con could be that harvesting will be a lil bit harder but hey garrisons are introduced so in a way it won't be that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this late into the xpac it is feeling neglected. But beta hasn't even started yet, so maybe we should hold off on the stone throwing til we know a bit more. It feels like the other 2 games are getting more love right now. D3 needed that help, it really really did. Not sure about SCII, haven't played it, but there is a huge fan base so why not sink some time into it? WoW will always be the Blizz moneymaker/flagship. Its the end of an xpac, things are feeling stale. It will turn around.

You cant take ANY opinion in this thread serious. Especially when it comes to content. You can never say how much content they already played. And how much content they ignored. Like Issalice, did he cleared Siege of Orgrimmar? Who knows?

Normally I'm not bothered by the amount of stupidity that occurs in this sector of the interweb -it's to be expected- but recently, more than some of the headlines I've glanced at have induced a chronic state of "double-take".

It seems like SCII and DIII are getting all of the effort. SCII had a great expansion and has burgeoning support for its mod community. DIII has effectively been overhauled from a B+ title into a AAA title (Blizzard literally turned a 180 in quality improvement changes, no small feat). And Warcraft... Jesus, it's Spring 2014 and where is it?...

...It's at least 2 quarters away, placing it a cool 5 quarters after SoO. This is after the developers at Bcon gave us their thoughts about a Spring release.

...And it's going to cost 25% more. https://battle.net/shop/en/product/w...rds-of-draenorAfter they deliberately said it would not at Bcon.

...And they are removing features. "Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying."

I mean, I've grown up playing Blizzard games, they're great, and for the most part, they still are. But, I'm having a little trouble suspending disbelief every time a Blue post is made about WoW. In the end, development takes more time than ever, and they *want* to abolish features to make the game artificially longer to play: i.e. less to develop, and if that wasn't enough, the product is more expensive than ever.

The discrepancy, we all know, deep down, is money. We've already seen this unfold with the RMAH and the $shop$ buttons branded to the UI. But the RMAH was removed...and rightly so! So why haven't the WoW devs taken the hint? Because ($15.00 USD x 12 + $50.00 USD) x 7,000,000 translates to roughly a Billion and a half dollars per year. That's why. And to think the excellent SCII was made for a mere hundred million. Oh wait, that was the actual cost to produce WoW?! http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...googlenews_wsj So Where the FUCK does the remaining 1.3 Billion go exactly?

It's starting to feel like Blizzard's other franchises. Because, at the moment, it actually feels like they're getting the overhauls they deserve. WC gets whatever is left at the bottom of the barrel. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed each expansion, but I'm *almost* hoping that WoD tanks, so that the SC team can start work on WC4 after LotV is released...
    if you look closely at the Blizzard developers, only 1/3 of the original developers for warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo are still at Blizzard, the other 2/3th have left.
    i guess that'll help you to draw a picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    if you look closely at the Blizzard developers, only 1/3 of the original developers for warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo are still at Blizzard, the other 2/3th have left.
    i guess that'll help you to draw a picture.
    I wasn't aware. Thanks for the picture.

I dunno what a lot of you are smoking, but I think the OP has some good points. A lot of focus has been going into their RTS while WoW is nominally on standby/maintenance mode, with largely reused assets and now random plotlines because they can't think of anything better since BL showdown would pretty much mean the end of the game without (gasp) having to create good new content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 launched in an awful state, now they've finally managed to make it great.. not because they didn't make an effort before but do now, but because they finally figured out what it was they needed to do.

Same with SC2, it's a great game because they've had a good, clear vision of what they needed to do to make it that way.

Those two games each have a niche, and the teams know what the fans of those games want.

WoW is a lot more complicated, and doesn't just fill one "niche", so it's a LOT harder to get it "right" for what the players want, because they all want vastly different things.

You cant just pour resources at something and it automatically becomes good, which is why they're constantly tuning and changing things, a LOT more than they do for their other titles. It's not neglected, they just haven't invented some magical perfect formula that makes it great to all different players.
    More features doesn't make it better, they could keep adding tons of features and never remove anything, and we'd end up with a steaming pile of crappy features that do more harm than good.

I'm happy they've finally found the balls to cut back on some of the convenience they've added, because the game has suffered from it. I'm also happy they're going to release it when they're satisfied and not rush out some shitty product to quell the loud, entitled minority.

I didn't look forward to the last two expansion, but i'm looking forward to WoD, because it seems like they've finally figured out what they want and they're not afraid to do some massive overhauls.

Also, do you really think a company is going to look at their flagship product which nets more than a billion a year, and just go "fuck it" ?
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-03-14 at 03:00 AM.

I wasn't aware. Thanks for the picture.
    Would you stop with your bullshit attitude? Your opinion is wrong. Your believe that a developer will stay with 1 team until they disband. It makes you look like a 4th grader.

Nothing you posted came close to a coherent thought or argument.
    We are all now dumber for having read your "post".

b8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Nothing you posted came close to a coherent thought or argument.
    We are all now dumber for having read your "post".

b8
    Likewise, those sentences don't contain any thoughts. You didn't mention a single word from the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henno View Post
    Would you stop with your bullshit attitude? Your opinion is wrong. Your believe that a developer will stay with 1 team until they disband. It makes you look like a 4th grader.
    Blizzard was never known for its high turnover rate years ago. Many of the developers have worked together for decades. It isn't Burger King. It isn't even Valve.
    I raised some real issues. All I see here is vitriol and no indication that you read anything. If you disagree with my criticism then say so. If you aren't capable of your own, then you have no will of your own. All I see is a frustrated fragment.