Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    My bad, I'll rephrase. The smell of bullshit is strong in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cycobi View Post
    Highly ironic coming from the guy who himself has spewed plenty of nonsense in the past, passing it off as fact just because you yourself hadn't read up on his own class
    Lol of course iv been wrong, not often but it has happened, and when I am I can see logic and admit it. But these people here are something else.
    Last edited by Kenbud; 2014-03-17 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Lol of course iv been wrong, not often but it has happen, and when I am I can see logic and admit it. But these people here are something else.
    Would need specifics before I reply to your specific quote, but running off your first post in this thread, GI isn't "automatically" the better choice, as some people here are insinuating.

Outside of one-shot mechanics (which, we agree, should simply be out-and-out avoided) and niche abilities for both talents, Temporal Shield covers all the damage you'll take on a low CD. There are some cases where Ice Barrier is better, granted, but again, outside of the niches for both talents (Lei Shen for GI, for example), it literally does come down to personal choice, with little difference between the two. This is why I'm simply stating that Cauterize isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and for sure Greater Invis isn't the be-all and end-all when it comes to the Level 60 talent tier.

If people have their preferences, that's fine, but don't discard Cauterize just because the tooltip for Greater Invis suggests it's stronger.

For exemple on ironjugg you can use GI to help with one shock pulse, what about the other shock pulses?
    Temporal Shield the first, GI the second, Temporal Shield + Healthstone the 3rd.

I'm not sure, because i didn't use Cauterize for far too long (probably since 5.1 or even cata), but i think it doesn't remove Bleeds and other nasty things like GI. And also, as it was mentioned earlier, relative value of talents is different in 10/25-man, having a dispel and huge damage reduction cd obviously is of more value in 10-man environment (especially if you roll with healers who struggle :/ ). Don't think i could survive the Swelling pride, double dot stacks on sha, or soak mines / survive iron prison/meteor combo on Shammys. Dispelling bleed on Nazgrim helps as well, especially if i'm being chased by assassin.

I really cannot comprehend why everyone is so damned butthurt over this discourse about Cauterize and Greater Invis. GI is certainly better if we consider them in a vacuum, but it seems as though nobody wants to actually admit that context is important for the choice. I was personally much more likely to pick GI during progression, but progression is now over. Stating someone is an idiot for ever picking Cauterize makes too many assumptions. Many probably know the decision they're making when they pick one or the other, and if they don't, it's not like they are choosing a "bad" talent out of the two, it's just that one has more potential, but also more responsibility.

We might also consider that GI is on the global, as well as consumes one. At one point in my raiding career, my computer was shitty enough that I might not have been able to react fast enough to get off GI in situations that I didn't or couldn't predict, and so cauterize was a more reliable choice for me. What would some of you think in that position? Just don't play the game because someone's computer might be shitty on some fights?

Maybe all this is just some rhetoric, but regardless, everyone here seriously needs to stop freaking out about it.

cauterize is terrible because you have no control over it and don't use it unless you die. If you use it, you died .... and if you don't use it, you are wasting a talent. cauterize is what lazy, bad mages take, period.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    cauterize is terrible because you have no control over it and don't use it unless you die. If you use it, you died .... and if you don't use it, you are wasting a talent. cauterize is what lazy, bad mages take, period.
    This is exactly the garbage the mods just said to avoid. But ok.

Even if this statement wasn't totally opinionated and invalid, what you just said has been stated a dozen times in the thread. So you are contributing nothing.

Use Greater Invis on hc malkorok and hc klaxxi for soaking, go cauterize on the rest.
    Saving yourself form dmg is irrelevant, healers have so insane healing today that they wont even notice if you avoid a 500k dmg attack.
    Cauterize however is a get out of jail freecard. You CAN die without it being your fault, and thats where cauterize saves the day.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2014-03-17 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    I'd say we reached the limits of this 'discussion' somewhere around five pages ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like GI much better. Not because it helps me survive, but to escape wipes and repair costs ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, time to close up shop. Honestly, the amount of heated debate this topic caused is at the same time refreshing and annoying. Refreshing because we rarely discuss something to this degree, where there's no clear cut winner. Annoying because half the posters in this thread don't know how to play with other people so I must now lock the thread.
    My magic will tear you apart.