WoD Idea Suggestion - Dances

So I randomly came up with this idea earlier today and it got me thinking about the new expansion. I think blizz should add a new dance to each of the races. It falls perfectly in line with the new character models. Of course, I have no experience in design, but relative to all of the other stuff an xpac entails, I can't image that doing 11 dance animations requires a vast amount of resources. Anyways, I got to thinking about this because of the Blood elf male dance - napoleon dynamite (gotta say, this dance is still one of the best). But, let's call a spade a spade. Blizz loves to throw pop culture references in the game. And napolean dynamite isn't pop culture anymore. So my thought is that they simply create a second dance. I know pandaren, goblin, and worgen dances are not that old, but if youre already doing the other 8...

In terms of implementation I think there are two optimal ways:

1) Call it dance2, jig, etc. with the emote simply being /dance2 or /jig.

2) Lump the new dance in with the old one, having /dance randomly call one or the other.

Just to clarify, this isn't to replace the old dances. Given the new model updates, I think it would be great to give the dances a fun fresh appeal.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could agree some are dated, but probably not something on their radar.
    Good suggestion though.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

almost sounds like your sugesting the dance studio they promised 7+ years ago that we stil are waiting on

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that's not 11 dances, that would be 26. 6 Horde, 6 Alliance, 1 Neutral = 13. 13 x 2 genders = 26.

Still not an impossible amount of work, but just showing that this would in fact be a notable amount of time.

Haha, i had never heard about the dance studio before, that's pretty funny.

I agree metro, its unfortunate but they probably aren't even considering something like this.

Another good reason for it is the whole flying vs no flying debate going on right now. Obviously thats for a different thread, but announcing something cool and easy like new dances will get people to stop raging on WoD about flying. There's really no way to screw up dances, and I think it would get people really excited for something that on blizz's end could probably be considered minimal effort in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Woops, didnt account for the whole 2 factions thing /facepalm. Thanks tyrgannus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    almost sounds like your sugesting the dance studio they promised 7+ years ago that we stil are waiting on
    That YOU are still waiting for, don't lump me into your fantasy.

OP, I like your idea, unfortunately I personally feel Blizzard's time and resources could be better allocated elsewhere.

New dances were promised for WotLK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRbSkwGvgPE

Quote Originally Posted by shamSmash View Post
    Haha, i had never heard about the dance studio before, that's pretty funny.

I agree metro, its unfortunate but they probably aren't even considering something like this.

Another good reason for it is the whole flying vs no flying debate going on right now. Obviously thats for a different thread, but announcing something cool and easy like new dances will get people to stop raging on WoD about flying. There's really no way to screw up dances, and I think it would get people really excited for something that on blizz's end could probably be considered minimal effort in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: Woops, didnt account for the whole 2 factions thing /facepalm. Thanks tyrgannus.

im sure you would enjoy this vid if your in favor of new dances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty_RYd5DNGg#t=200

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    That YOU are still waiting for, don't lump me into your fantasy.

OP, I like your idea, unfortunately I personally feel Blizzard's time and resources could be better allocated elsewhere.
    Not sure that making this parallel is the best idea, but here goes nothing:
    Take a look at League of Legends. Firstly, the games have more similarities than one would think, with the cartoony graphic style, the above-and-beyond amount of lore that each gives compared to competitors, the obvious inspiration given my former blizz employees (GC being one), and of course it being based off of DoTA. My point here is this, League currently has 117? (i think) champions, each with their own individual, unique dance. Additionally, a number of champs have higher-quality skins that give an even more unique dance (Battle Cast Prime Cho'Gath for an example) in addition to other changes. The important take away is that Riot is going far out of its way to do this. Of course they could find better a place to use the resources: release champions faster, develop a new map/arena, etc. Riot recognizes the importance of the small things, even if they really have no effect on the gameplay itself. The small stuff still can drastically affect a user's overall experience.

And of course Blizz is in the same boat, working on future patches ahead of time, adding more launch dungeons/raids, adding more questlines etc. And IMO Blizz recognizes the small stuff just as well as Riot does, if not better, being a progenitor of sorts. Dances should get a touching up in WoD for the same reason they were initially introduced in Vanilla - because they are fun. The same argument could have been made in 2003, why make dances? give us another level 60 dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're planning to follow through with the new dances, now's as good a time as any to do it while they're giving the models a total rebuild and new skeletons.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    If they're planning to follow through with the new dances, now's as good a time as any to do it while they're giving the models a total rebuild and new skeletons.
    Totally agree.

I seriously hope they won't waste time on modeling new dances. They're behind enough already.

that a fucking waste of development time, already existed is already fine with ~3 different moves for each.,
    why you need more dances for?!
    I only see you getting your character naked and start to fap, damn install skyrim get body mod and fnis animation and enjoy, or go club and watch the chicks...
    wow is not `second life` game, and this dance studio is worthless idea

I think they wont implement such thing. They promissed it for wrath and decided it wasnt a good idea or something like that. Still that would be nice. SWTOR has diferent dances I think.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    I think they wont implement such thing. They promissed it for wrath and decided it wasnt a good idea or something like that. Still that would be nice. SWTOR has diferent dances I think.
    Not that they decided it wasn't a good idea, but more that they had problems fitting the dances to the old skeletons and put them on the backburner.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!