Heroic warforged items drop rate

We run a 10 man group and historically HC Wf items have been as rare as rocking horse shit.

This reset we got 7 WF items or so off 10 bosses. Is this a case of everybody's favourite saying of "rng is rng" or can I don my WF™ tinfoil hat and speculate that the drop rate has been buffed on the sly?

Did any other 10 man groups have a similar phenomenon?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    We run a 10 man group and historically HC Wf items have been as rare as rocking horse shit.

This reset we got 7 WF items or so off 10 bosses. Is this a case of everybody's favourite saying of "rng is rng" or can I don my WF™ tinfoil hat and speculate that the drop rate has been buffed on the sly?

Quite funny really, this reset so far we've killed 4 heroic bosses, had 3 HC WF drop from bosses (2 of which I got for freakin' off spec...) and 2 people have bonus rolled one each.

Deleted
    We too had a higher drop rate for warforged items. Can't recall specific numbers though.

didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. one hwf item out of 9 bosses so far this week which is pretty typical, along with de'ing half the gear in our 10m.

10+ Year Old Account
    last reset we had a lot of hcwf items as well.

either rng or maybe they ninja buffed the drop rate ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Both my good 10 man alt raids saw more hc wf loot than usual via drops and bonus rolls. Basically I haven't seen as many hc wf trinkets drop even in a 25 man hc clear. Still wouldn't call that a sign though that anything was changed.

We really need something like : Merge 2 identical items to get the WF version.
    Or Tokens to upgrade to WF

Deleted
    RNG is still a bitch...

We also had one or two IDs with more HC WF Drops than the usual. But most IDs we end up with the usual next to none WF items - but yesterday a HC WF cloak droppt from shamans - well played Blizzard!

I'll go with RNG is RNG

Deleted
    For 10 man it's a 10% chance for an item to be warforged.

2 Pieces of loot.
    Piece 1- 10% chance to be warforged.
    Piece 2 - 10% chance to be warforged.

For 25 man it's a 25% chance for an item to be warforged.
    loot 1 - 25% chance to be warforged
    loot 2 - 25% chance to be warforged
    loot 3 - 25% chance to be warforged
    loot 4 - 25% chance to be warforged
    loot 5 - 25% chance to be warforged
    loot 6 - 25% chance to be warforged

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

its pure rng - my guild has only 10/14 HC killed yet my monk is in top 300 chars geared on one of biggest EU realms with the 577 itlv made from farming 8 HC bosses in 10 man - RNG is well RNG - usually out of 10 loot pieces at least one is wf so i guess the wf drop rate in 10 man is around 10-15% much less then in 25 man but i have seen multiple nice wf pieces drop quite often and on other nights 3/4 loot goes to disenchant . cant complain since i got hc wf one hander this reset it just takes time and well some attenandce and anyone can be nicely geared especially with the sexy coins giving what we want from time to time
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-03-14 at 08:47 PM.

0 WF this week. Everything went to DE or OS too. Fun times.

We got quite a few as well. I got 2 H WF pieces myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post

2 Pieces of loot.

This. It's been this way since the system was introduced and any deviancy you see from this is simply RNG.

The whole point of introducing Thunder/warforged items was to give 25-man raids a clear benefit over 10-man raids. They're not going to buff the droprates.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    This. It's been this way since the system was introduced and any deviancy you see from this is simply RNG.

The whole point of introducing Thunder/warforged items was to give 25-man raids a clear benefit over 10-man raids. They're not going to buff the droprates.
    This again

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran ordos on 7 alts. 5 of which got drops. 4 of them were chest robes. and I bet someone 50g they'd get a drop. They got robes too. profiting off other peoples luck. priceless.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Deleted
    Got one WF item this reset and it was from hc garrosh.
    So...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post

2 Pieces of loot.

These numbers were from ToT. Although I haven't noticed a change since then, I seem to recall them buffing XForged drop rates for SoO? Is that correct or am I imagining things?
    Quote Originally Posted by TDJZ View Post
    We really need something like : Merge 2 identical items to get the WF version.
    I really, really do agree with that, if they really decide to keep this stupid system for Mythic, in stead of just reducing loot drop to make farm last longer.