Thread: Pandaren in wow

Pandaren in wow

The pandaren in wow are so much of a joke that they almost completely redesigned the way they look in heroes of the storm.

Discuss.

So old artwork = redesign? What is there to discuss other than your silly assumption?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Pebrocks. They also look nearly the same as it is. That Pandaren there is a little more streamlined but otherwise is the same.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    The pandaren in wow are so much of a joke that they almost completely redesigned the way they look in heroes of the storm.

Discuss.

By completely redesigned I take it you mean just a couple facial features?

Do note, that is Chen Stormstout, not Generic Pandaren Y. He is an iconic character.

Not all humans are Varian, not all orcs are Thrall. Not all Pandaren are Chen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post

Discuss.
    If you look at hearthstone and then compare it to WoW, you are in for a disappointment. Even Jaina Proudmoore looks nothing like Jaina Proudmoore:

Hearthstone

You have better graphics in artistic content than you ever could in actual gameplay. This was a bit of a silly assumption on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If you look at hearthstone and then compare it to WoW, you are in for a disappointment. Even Jaina Proudmoore looks nothing like Jaina Proudmoore:

Hearthstone

You have better graphics in artistic content than you ever could in actual gameplay. This was a bit of a silly assumption on your part.
    Except he's comparing character models in WoW and Heroes of the Storm; Hearthstone isn't the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

Hearthstone

You can't compare Jaina in a timelocked area to how she looks like real time to support an argument of her being different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Except he's comparing character models in WoW and Heroes of the Storm; Hearthstone isn't the topic.
    Even at that... artwork is still artwork, not ingame art.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    He is exactly right though, look at all promotional offical images for the pandaren, pretty sure none of them look like in game.
    The point is artwork will always look different than in game models.

Also just looks to me like an angry pandaren, with a bit more facial details.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-03-14 at 07:21 PM.

Edit: Crap, I look like an idiot. The image the OP used was being blocked by my browser for some reason, so I didn't even see the visuals he was using, and was only going off the text of the post, I assumed he was referring to in-game assets for both games; I guess I over-estimated him. Nevermind
    Last edited by Khime; 2014-03-14 at 08:17 PM.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! I know it would be unrealistic to expect the pandas to look like that in-game, but they could incorporate just a few things from that drawing and improve their appearance immeasurably. Chiefly, include those glowy bear eyes that are sharp with animal intelligence, not the doe eyed go lucky dull gaze that so many have now. And then also narrow the face to be a little more traditionally ursine, all the male pandas have heads like a fuckin' orange.

Those two changes would make the pandas fit in with the rest of the WoW races so much better than they do now.