Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Blizzard is just a money hungry company. They made this game more "casual" so more people would play...therefore, more money in their pocket.
    Implying not all game companies are in it for profit. Welcome to the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    OP, there are a few things you should know, if it has not already been said in the last 16 pages which I will not bother to vet.

1. How someone chooses to spend THEIR money is hardly YOUR concern. I myself have boosted 4 characters, and even deleted one of them. I spend my money how I see fit. I own my own business and pay myself a very generous salary since I do most of the work. I can afford such trivialities.

2. "That money could have been gone to something much better." - I cannot speak for the person who boosted, but in my case, I donate to multiple charities every year, and my shop hosts charity events for the local children's hospital and fallen fire fighters. Every saturday, I donate 4 hours of my time to help feed people who've been displaced by the events of the economy. Again, how we spend our time is likely far more important than how we spend our money. In either case, neither is your business, nor should it be your concern.

3. Time is money. Much like the other booster, I enjoy the end game aspect more than leveling, especially after my 2nd loremaster title on my 3rd account thus far. 7 years ago, I had tons of free time and had no use for a boost. Now, I get maybe 3-4 hours of playtime each week and would rather spend it playing the class, rather than leveling it.

4. "Why even bother to play the game at all then?" - Some of us really enjoy this game. I would even go as far as saying I love the game MORE than you since I am happy to pay Blizz more money to get more of what I want from it. I've been playing since Jan 2007. The past couple of months have been the most fun I've ever had in the game. There are so many things to try and do at endgame. I am getting myself set to level 5 characters in 10 new levels when WoD launches. In fact, I already own the digital CE and have been riding the new mount and have already leveled the pet to 25.
    Except it has a very large ripple effect. BECAUSE, blizzard put it out before WoD.

1. current LFR is a train wreck because players do not know what the hell they are doing. I should never have to spend 3 hours in one wing in SoO just because you had 60 dollars burning a hole in your pocket. No bad player/ good player has nothing to do with it. As a tank I am helpless to even pick up the slack, because 90% of the dps is pulling 40k

2. If you really expect them to reduce the time it takes to get to 90 ever again. Blizzard, or you is a fool. they might reduce it a bit. but Pandaria was reduced 33% in like 5.3. I don't ever expect to see that big of a reduction ever again.

3. That is nice and dandy for you. I hope you don't go ahead and pay all your workers 7.25 an hour so you can have 4 90's then delete one for a whimsy.

4. I am fine, honestly for a 1-90 when WOD hits, it is unethical to allow it 8 months before release. Do whatever the fuck you want. Currently, though it is affecting me.

5. boosting 88-90 is actually a bad thing, it takes a half hour. Really, it is bad if you do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Implying not all game companies are in it for profit. Welcome to the real world.
    guys who make Bioshock. guys who made minecracft. Steam.

PS. on another note unrelated, how people spend their money should be everyone's concern, because reckless spending has fucked over the US population more than once
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-17 at 01:59 PM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It is no business of yours how anyone else chooses to spend their money. I wouldn't spend $60 when I could simply level the damn thing, but that's my choice.
    I agree with this statement 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Remind me again what's being destroyed?
    Having to trudge through hours and hours of LFR because I am expected to carry these asshats to gear.

Because this is the only way to gear an alt.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Blizzard is just a money hungry company. They made this game more "casual" so more people would play...therefore, more money in their pocket.
    Every profit company is money hungry. Are you working for free, or give generously?
    Trying to appeal to a wider audience is nothing short of logical.

You don't really know how the world works, do you?
    Games don't shouldn't appeal to you. You are not the only person on the planet.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    He boosted 5 levels? LOL. That shouldn't even be possible just to keep the retards who will do it from getting ripped off.

He could have had a level 90 AND a level 85...instead he now has just one level 90. Mind. Blown.

Plot twist: it was at Taco Bell, but both him and his GF are morbidly obese and thus ordered enough food for a small village.
    i will use my boost ( the free one) on my pally after i leveled him to 60 because i have (at least) one of every class at 90 AND i want engeneering and another prof at 600
    and i can understand why he would use it on a 85 (maybe for the profs too? ) i love leveling but pandaria is a bit of a pain in the ass to get trough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Every profit company is money hungry. Are you working for free, or give generously?
    Trying to appeal to a wider audience is nothing short of logical.

You don't really know how the world works, do you?
    Games don't shouldn't appeal to you. You are not the only person on the planet.
    No, not every company is simply Money hungry. that is a foolish thing to think.

even more foolish is simply accepting it as the norm, just because.

It is not logical, because the wider an audience becomes, the more thin it becomes. Wow had 13 million, in trying to get more, they got less.

Also there are plenty of companies who are just in it because it is something that they believe in. These are the companies we should be behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riordrian View Post
    i will use my boost ( the free one) on my pally after i leveled him to 60 because i have (at least) one of every class at 90 AND i want engeneering and another prof at 600
    and i can understand why he would use it on a 85 (maybe for the profs too? ) i love leveling but pandaria is a bit of a pain in the ass to get trough
    I think we're talking about if he payed 60 bucks for 5 levels. That's messed up. why not have a 90 and a 85?

You get a free boost for pre-ordering.
    Probably used that.
    OP's a fag

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-03-17 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I think we're talking about if he payed 60 bucks for 5 levels. That's messed up. why not have a 90 and a 85?
    well maybe he doesn´t want another toon ? because as the OP said he has no time so gearing up another toon that he is not interested in at all would be wasted too
    and how do you even know he didn´t use the free boost ? just because the OP assumed so it doesn´t need to be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Only morons believe shit like this will happen.
    Someone probably said that a few years ago when someone said we would one day be able to buy max level characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Someone probably said that a few years ago when someone said we would one day be able to buy max level characters.
    I think blizzard said that a year ago. back when they had integrity

I plan to level my remaining 3 85's and last 86 with the 90 boost. Unless they nerf experience from 85-90 by 200% I cannot bring myself to level through the shitty MOP leveling. I hate leveling, and especailly questing. When they decided I couldn't level via dungeons (Screw Monkey Runs) I decided to not play alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordrian View Post
    well maybe he doesn´t want another toon ? because as the OP said he has no time so gearing up another toon that he is not interested in at all would be wasted too
    and how do you even know he didn´t use the free boost ? just because the OP assumed so it doesn´t need to be the truth
    given that he did spend 60 dollars. It's just stupid to do that from any viewpoint. Just like you would think it was stupid if anyone ever payed 60 bucks to skip 30 min

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it has a very large ripple effect. BECAUSE, blizzard put it out before WoD.

1. current LFR is a train wreck because players do not know what the hell they are doing. I should never have to spend 3 hours in one wing in SoO just because you had 60 dollars burning a hole in your pocket. No bad player/ good player has nothing to do with it. As a tank I am helpless to even pick up the slack, because 90% of the dps is pulling 40k

2. If you really expect them to reduce the time it takes to get to 90 ever again. Blizzard, or you is a fool. they might reduce it a bit. but Pandaria was reduced 33% in like 5.3. I don't ever expect to see that big of a reduction ever again.

3. That is nice and dandy for you. I hope you don't go ahead and pay all your workers 7.25 an hour so you can have 4 90's then delete one for a whimsy.

4. I am fine, honestly for a 1-90 when WOD hits, it is unethical to allow it 8 months before release. Do whatever the fuck you want. Currently, though it is affecting me.

5. boosting 88-90 is actually a bad thing, it takes a half hour. Really, it is bad if you do that.
    1. Go build a run and vet your players first. Most Flex and LFR is loaded with first timers. Also, I do not raid, so I am not affecting you or any of the elitists you run with.

2. They could cut each zone down to 15 quests, adjust the XP and reopen Flight paths. This would have you clear a quest every 5-10 minutes, making the trip to 60 last only a few hours. Then vet out Outlands and streamline it. 15 quests in each zone and you are moved to the next. In another 2-3 hours you complete outands. Lather, rinse, repeat with Northreand, Cata, and Pandaria, and now a trip from 1-90 is just 15 hours of game time. 3 hours in each expansion (and vanilla).

3. My guys are all licensed and make $25 an hour while others are only paying $16-$18. I take care of my crew because they take care of my business. I believe in PEOPLE, not video games. Which is also why I support multiple charities and volunteer my time.

4. Would you rather have fresh 90s learning NOW, or when you are trying to level and raid in WoD? The more who boost early leaves less boosting in WoD and will cause fewer problems in Dungeons and Raids. So the growing pains are in MoP not WoD. Again, man up and make your own fucking group. LFR is not for you.

5. That was HIS choice. Not yours or mine. Maybe he hadn't leveled professions yet and wanted those maxed. Maybe he was just tired of Pandaria for the 4th or 5th time. Or Maybe, he just felt like it. Either way, his wallet, his business.

You, and the rest of these busy-bodies need to mind yer own business and stop being quick to flip the judgement switch. Especially on something that has ZERO impact on you. You have alternatives for raiding. Learn to use them.

given that he did spend 60 dollars. It's just stupid to do that from any viewpoint. Just like you would think it was stupid if anyone ever payed 60 bucks to skip 30 min
    30 min's of free time or time I can do whatever I want is worth far more to me than $60.00.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    1. Go build a run and vet your players first. Most Flex and LFR is loaded with first timers. Also, I do not raid, so I am not affecting you or any of the elitists you run with.

2. They could cut each zone down to 15 quests, adjust the XP and reopen Flight paths. This would have you clear a quest every 5-10 minutes, making the trip to 60 last only a few hours. Then vet out Outlands and streamline it. 15 quests in each zone and you are moved to the next. In another 2-3 hours you complete outands. Lather, rinse, repeat with Northreand, Cata, and Pandaria, and now a trip from 1-90 is just 15 hours of game time. 3 hours in each expansion (and vanilla).

3. My guys are all licensed and make $25 an hour while others are only paying $16-$18. I take care of my crew because they take care of my business. I believe in PEOPLE, not video games. Which is also why I support multiple charities and volunteer my time.

4. Would you rather have fresh 90s learning NOW, or when you are trying to level and raid in WoD? The more who boost early leaves less boosting in WoD and will cause fewer problems in Dungeons and Raids. So the growing pains are in MoP not WoD. Again, man up and make your own fucking group. LFR is not for you.

5. That was HIS choice. Not yours or mine. Maybe he hadn't leveled professions yet and wanted those maxed. Maybe he was just tired of Pandaria for the 4th or 5th time. Or Maybe, he just felt like it. Either way, his wallet, his business.

You, and the rest of these busy-bodies need to mind yer own business and stop being quick to flip the judgement switch. Especially on something that has ZERO impact on you. You have alternatives for raiding. Learn to use them.
    I listed all the reasons.

I will focus on number 1.

I am not an elitist. my Ilvl is 525 on the alt I run through LFR. I spent as much time in timeless as I could to get all the timeless gear. (So many fresh 90s do not)
    I filled out my 496 gear with ToT 502 gear, making sure I didnt let people down

I spent the time to learn my class to the fullest

I do not have a 25 man guild, and even 10 guys arent on at the same time for LFr

I put in the effort to do my best in LFR because I understand people have time.

It should NEVER take 3 hours to do a wing in LFR, that is boosters being selfish because they don't bother to do ToT before SoO

there is absolutely nothing wrong with expecting players to actually try. I see so many sooo many boosters just sitting there doing white dmg. Too lazy to level, too lazy to try.

Which is worse, Me expecting to get bosses down with one or two wipes. Or a dps who feels entitled to SoO gear without making sure he isn't wasting other people's time. (which is what we're all trying to save, right?)

also they could reduce leveling time, but why the hell would they ever do that?

Edit: I have started whispering, or calling out low Dps players who I see doing things wrong, as a former raid leader, I have a good grasp on most rotations. so I very politely offer help. I think superman understands I try to be a gentleman.

When they dont tell me they wanna play their way, screw you. they usually do the exact wrong thing the next time. I really do try to offer a hand to these people pulling the same dps I pulled in Dragon Soul
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    30 min's of free time or time I can do whatever I want is worth far more to me than $60.00.
    You do realize you are playing a video game, with your free time, right?
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-17 at 02:14 PM.

Correct, but I want to play the game for dungeon's and raids as I always Have. I have always hated questing and leveled via dungeons since Vanilla. But they destroyed the EXP you get from that in MOP so I was forced to do quests and take 15 hours for 5 levels when cata takes all of 5 to get through via dungeons.

Or, you could stop being an asshole and shove your opinion about what people do with their money wherever it fits best

who the f*ck are you to tell people "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90" ???

btw i havent even used my FREE boost, i just hope you realize people like you are the problem and are those who are killing the game, not those paying for boosts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Correct, but I want to play the game for dungeon's and raids as I always Have. I have always hated questing and leveled via dungeons since Vanilla. But they destroyed the EXP you get from that in MOP so I was forced to do quests and take 15 hours for 5 levels when cata takes all of 5 to get through via dungeons.
    You're doing it wrong if it takes that long.

Still, the issue with the 60's is WoW should be seen more as a sport, than a regular game.

how would you feel about the guy who payed to be on the team without trying out. And then never showed up to practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    also they could reduce leveling time, but why the hell would they ever do that?
    I have no intention of getting into a Teriz style debate breaking shit down everytime. I made my statement, you responded, I made a rebuttal. End of discussion.

As for this item, If they DON'T expedite XP leveling, or LOWER the ceiling, the only other option to get to end game is the boost.