Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't get why people complain so much about Blizzard trying to widen their profit margin. They are a company. If I ran a company, I would probably try and make as much money as I could too. Stop treating Blizzard like a nonprofit, it's a video game, the entertainment business, a leisure activity that you pay for.

At the moment, all you can buy is a 90 with sub-high end gear. Soon enough, that will also be 10 levels below cap. Personally, I won't be too bothered until you can buy full sets of gear that people are currently having to earn, such as the current tier of honor gear or current or second tier raid gear. I understand others are bothered by less, but the line of reasoning sometimes just seems totally irrational.

By the way, I started playing in Cata, have leveled 4 characters to 90 and have a few between 85 and 90. I pre-ordered and boosted a paladin to 90. Read up on him a bit, asked for tips, and then went into a heroic dungeon just to get a feel for it. I let the rest of my party know I had just boosted, and we ran through just fine, if perhaps a little slowly. It's the attitude of the player that's the problem, not the character itself or how they got it.

I boosted my 85 rogue. I only really leveled her in cata so that I could do the quest for the legendary (which was a lot of fun). I recently got the dagger off garrosh and she had no profs AND I already have every class (more than one of each in some cases) at 85-90.

So there you go.

That said, I wouldn't purchase the boost by itself. It's just way too easy to level. It was a nice perk from buying the preorder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    I care because it is affecting my game. If competitors are just winning with wallet, its not fun anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    I havnt got time to play. Can I buy a full set of BiS gear please?
    When they sell BIS gear then you can bitch!

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    85-90 still takes several hours, and even days for some. For the hours spent levelling to 90, earning $60 would take me a little bit above 2 hours. As such I could be working rather than levelling an endless grind I've done several times already in order to justify the cost. Mind you I wouldn't pay, as I do not enjoy the current content and would rather take my time to level some characters at varying levels.

Oh and how does this affect you in any way? What a person does with their own money is up to them. An MMO are often balanced and made around current content, that being at the max level. So in order to bypass certain aspects to get to said content would be worth the cash spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah grats to blizz for making money, god forbid they pay the bills and give us a game to play...wow man, you complain about nothing, like its your job or something
    and god forbid someone playing a game less then you do, ever think about anyone but yourself, you are a jerk and prove it with this post
    1-90 boosts dont ruin a game, its douches like you who ruin a game for others
    im glad you are all butthurt over this
    and if you plan on playing the next expac you will spend the same amount of money he did, so you complain about something that you will be doing in the future
    he probably bought the expansion, like every other person with their free boost to 90
    live and let live...or not, we would all be better off if you died young from stressing over lil things like this
    Last edited by Csnyder; 2014-03-15 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    85-90 still takes several hours, and even days for some. For the hours spent levelling to 90, earning $60 would take me a little bit above 2 hours. As such I could be working rather than levelling
    If you dont have time to play then dont? Seriously its not that you HAVE to play.

And yes, boosted 90's are destroying this game, as much as powerleveld toons were destroying every MMO to date, its not ANY different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Probably had more to do with him not being able to play properly. Otherwise you would never have noticed, would you? And then it wouldn't be a problem.
    But I do notice them. All my LFR raids take 3x-4x as much time as they used to. We wipe over and over. They're too under-geared and unfamiliar with their class to do anything useful, most times. I'm tired of people being so entitled that they feel I owe it to them to carry them through LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    But I do notice them. All my LFR raids take 3x-4x as much time as they used to. We wipe over and over. They're too under-geared and unfamiliar with their class to do anything useful, most times. I'm tired of people being so entitled that they feel I owe it to them to carry them through LFR.
    That's about how people don't even bother to learn to play. It has nothing to do with them buying the characters or their gear.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    tbh, i log on & do pretty much nothing.
    i cant raid anymore due to my new job, ive completed garrosh before xmas & have killed 1 boss in SoO normal since.
    i am a recruiter for my guild, but i have just recruited the final 2 ppl we needed & now i find myself sitting about.
    luckily i have outside interests, otherwise i really would be screwed playing wow.

Do people get this angry when they see someone driving an expensive car, or living in a big house, or wearing fancy clothing, or dining at a nice restaurant? I mean, cmon people. Really? Apply this logic to other things and see how much it shouldn't matter, how much you shouldn't care.

Why would someone buy a car when they can just walk/bike/run there?
    Why would someone buy a steak when they could survive on yams?
    Why would someone buy a house with multiple rooms, a pool, etc when you can live easily in one room without even a bed?

The point of having money is being able to use on things you personally think matter. Whether its comfort, taste, time, whatever. People getting all riled up over how someone drops 60 bucks on the game to save them time/boredom/whatever the reason is really odd.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    This very post and this very thread and others like it are what is wrong with the community or whats left of it.. But really OP why do you care so much about what he did to get to 90, do you know them, are they in your guild?

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    When you have money you realise it isn't important, your time is.
    Your time = money.
    If they spent the 2 days played time or what ever it is now playing from 1-90, they could of earned A LOT more than 60$.

Just because you're poor, doesn't mean you are allowed to bully people in a better situation than you.
    This... I make a little over $30 an hour right now... ill take 2 hours of work to get a 90 that i can actually have fun playing. I hate the leveling process, especially 85-90.

Anyone know when they going to make 1-100 paid? I hate leveling.

Exactly, people can use their money as they see fit. Also as far as making it play to win, have you tried running ToT lately, I joined 2 different raids that had multiple fails on horridon. Healer's weren't dispelling, the highest 2 was a ret pally and me on my new monk. Lost 2 healers before 2nd door. 4 locks, a DK and a druid in raid and not a single brez went out the entire fight. IF you calling that pay to win you are insane. Sad thing is blizzard hasn't really said their numbers have jumped this week so most of these "boosted" 90's are people that have been playing and just wanted to level an alt. Nobody is caring at all in most LFR's since this started up. I know its LFR but take the time to learn the fights at this level, do what you are supposed to do and maybe you can someday be decent enough to try at least flex if not norm/heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    because Im 2 bosses short of finish this tier and I want my damn metal scorpion of own. then I can take a well deserved break
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I actually enjoy leveling on the whole, but hate those last 5-10 levels. I might just do the same with my char boost when I use it.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a pretty douchebag thing to say, OP. What the heck did he ever do to you to have the audacity to act the way you did?

Also, if the guy thought it was worth the money, who are you to judge him for making a decision that only affected him and no one else? Seriously, what the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by retw View Post
    By that logic, right now, WoW is pay to win.
    wait, it gives you a lvl boost with full HWF gear and 550 PVP gear??? holy crap let me grab my credit card!

Hey, if someone can buy Ferrari while you drive on your Toyota that doesn't mean if you see him on the road you should rage of what a loser you are. Ferarris need to sell too and everyone like nice cars. Stop being ignorant and offensive please.