Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard..y u no allow this!??!

Why can we not remove our starting 16 slot starter bag?
    It's easy to allow to happen. Just set it up to where you HAVE to have another bag equipped to be allowed to replace your 16 slot.
    Selling myself out below

It got something to do with the coding they said it take a lot of work to fix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Why can we not remove our starting 16 slot starter bag?
    It's easy to allow to happen. Just set it up to where you HAVE to have another bag equipped to be allowed to replace your 16 slot.
    They're tackling the bag slot issue with pruning down that will be stored in our bags and banks. This includes things like quest items being kept on a separate tracker and cosmetic items being kept in a separate tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    It got something to do with the coding they said it take a lot of work to fix
    Really? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard.
    Selling myself out below

Because it is easy to allow it to happen by forcing you to have a bag equipped. Coding it may not be that easy. Or they would have done it a long time ago

The backpack is hardcoded in to the game and your character. It doesn't function like a bag slot.

It's certainly something they could actually change if they really wanted to but it's more work than just turning on a switch to let you put a bag there. They would need to change some very old code which can always be a pain in the ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    This topic is new and exciting...oh wait.They already said few times that there are some technical difficulties behind changing the 16slot backpack for something bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original backpack is hard-coded into the game. It was never designed to be replaceable, nor do they have any means to replace it.

They've said, among other things, that them attempting to change it could lead to accidental mass item deletion that they'd have to deal with for every person affected.

I'm more keen on them reducing the necessity for bag slots. The toy/tabard tab is a nice start.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They already said they can't just do it, they have tech limitations on this

And, yet, they've been telling us for a few expansions now that it is, in fact, that hard. I guess that's the difference between programmers and non-programmers... one of them knows what they're talking about and the other doesn't.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that business about pulling a stone out of the bottom of a wall and the whole wall falls down? That's how it works with code that's been in the game for 13 years (including development) and then dropping 18000 builds on top of it. It's not changing it that's so difficult; it's finding out how much stuff breaks because it's changed or gone altogether.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    The bag is hard coded into the system - expanding it, or allowing it to be switched out could result in items being lost. I suppose they could pre-empt this by first moving everything out of everyone's bags, but then what happens to people who unsubbed and then resub after the change?

its hard coded into the character and currencies. the last time they tried to fix it the armor, gold, and other currencies were lost. they were unable to recover them. i think that was alpha wrath or cata.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Or at least be able to purchase additional slots for it. Always wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    expanding it, or allowing it to be switched out could result in items being lost.
    Never mind then. Damn. :\

Silly early 2000's Blizz and their not realizing it would still be going in 2014 and by then need bags large enough that they'd need pack mules to help carry.

Wtb pet with extra bag space...
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2014-03-14 at 10:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I wonder if it's hard coded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok...It's hard coded I get it...Only one person had to say it >_> But thanks everyone. Was curious.
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You know that business about pulling a stone out of the bottom of a wall and the whole wall falls down? That's how it works with code that's been in the game for 13 years (including development) and then dropping 18000 builds on top of it. It's not changing it that's so difficult; it's finding out how much stuff breaks because it's changed or gone altogether.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ1Ky0BIYAAYsH_.png

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-15 at 12:14 AM.

Ok...It's hard coded I get it...Only one person had to say it >_> But thanks everyone. Was curious.
    they did say they could fix the issue but it would take so much time that it wouldnt be worth it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    And, yet, they've been telling us for a few expansions now that it is, in fact, that hard. I guess that's the difference between programmers and non-programmers... one of them knows what they're talking about and the other doesn't.
    I am a programmer, and I can tell you it isn't that hard. If they are able to implement new character models, they are capable of increasing the size of bags much easier.

They have good reasons to not do so, though. For one it costs money, and they don't want to spend a cent if it doesn't gain them money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I am a programmer, and I can tell you it isn't that hard. If they are able to implement new character models, they are capable of increasing the size of bags much easier.

They have good reasons to not do so, though. For one it costs money, and they don't want to spend a cent if it doesn't gain them money.
    Since you're a programmer, do tell what they need to change?

whats that? Youre not a Warcraft programmer? Guess that means you're just not as qualified on this matter then anyone else.