Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use of these "bots" negatively affects the World of Warcraft game environment, since they allow characters to progress without player control.
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...itation-policy

From Blizzard own exploitation policy. Allowing a player to progress without playing negatively effects the World of Warcraft game environment. That's a pretty conclusive admission right there.

Anybody feel like the game enviroment has been negatively effected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Okay, Wow took what was so hard about everquest and made it easier. They got 13 million subs. They tried to make it easier than animal crossing, and they are at 6 million.
    So now your blaming the sub loss because WoW got easyer.

Did you Ignore TBC 2.0 known as Cata that was the start of the Sub bleed and WoW NEVER gained subs the whole time it was out. Hell at lease MOP gain some subs.

There is many reasons why WoW is lossing subs so people like you need to stop blaming it on how much more "Casual" it is.

Hell if WoW was at the Wrath level it would still lose subs and if it stayed at Cata/TBC I bet you the bleed would be even more huge since lots would quit due to having nothing to do.

Kinda hard to get a Guild Group together for Raids when your server is fucken dead.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    No, they won't. Why would they let players skip the entire current leveling content.

You mean like they are doing at this very moment?

MoP is the current expansion guy, with a potential 8 more months before the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Did you Ignore TBC 2.0 known as Cata that was the start of the Sub bleed and WoW NEVER gained subs the whole time it was out. Hell at lease MOP gain some subs.

There is many reasons why WoW is lossing subs so people like you need to stop blaming it on how much more "Casual" it is.

Hell if WoW was at the Wrath level it would still lose subs and if it stayed at Cata/TBC I bet you the bleed would be even more huge since lots would quit due to having nothing to do.

Kinda hard to get a Guild Group together for Raids when your server is fucken dead.
    So you are one who thinks heroics had something to to do with how bad Cata was. I haven't stepped into a MoP heroic since 5.0

It couldn't possibly be the snore fest that was 4.1. Nor could it be the incredable lack of any content because of old world. Or the fact that flying made the game unsocial, or that you ported everywhere. Or the fact that they merged 10 and 25. and took what wasn't broken and tried to fix.

I will stand to the end, that what killed Warcraft was the removal of ever having to talk to anyone to do anything ever again. And still see all the content.

I bet I could start a level 1, and not say a damned word to a soul and kill LFR garrosh, maybe even flex Garrosh.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-15 at 03:33 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

No wrath was amazing compared to what we got afterwards. The game died after lich king for a lot of players. If anything it attracted players not made them quit in droves. There hasn't been a decent end boss since. No king rules forever my son.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-03-15 at 03:36 AM.

So you are one who thinks heroics had something to to do with how bad Cata was. I haven't stepped into a MoP heroic since 5.0

It couldn't possibly be the snore fest that was 4.1. Nor could it be the incredable lack of any content because of old world. Or the fact that flying made the game unsocial, or that you ported everywhere. Or the fact that they merged 10 and 25. and took what wasn't broken and tried to fix.
    I think how hard both Heroic's and Raids was turned off a lot of people.

On top of shared lockouts and having ZERO to do besides ether doing dungeons or raiding. I don't like MOP but I will give it credit it gave players things to do. The start with the daily grind was bullshit but it got fixed and timeless island is one of the best things ever. That is why MOP slowed down the Sub bleed and even seen a gain the last quaters if I remember right.

MOP may be the most casual Xpac WOW has ever had even over wrath and I bet you its also the reason why subs are still above 7mil. Now blizzard needs to push out WOD before the SoO burnout sets in.

7-12 Months of no content is bullshit. With the amount of money blizzard makes each month they could hire another smaller team to do mid patchs for content and it would not even hurt there pocket.

The problem is blizzard keeps beating a dead horse and finally said fuck it and gave people a choice to skip said horse "Leveling" Ether take leveling away all together or place leveling in something else or make the current leveling system much better.

Hell Rifts leveling isn't much different but IA's and Rifts keep it at lease somewhat enjoyable. I would personally like them to do all the zones like GW2 did but thats me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    No wrath was amazing compared to what we got afterwards. The game died after lich king for a lot of players. If anything it attracted players not made them quit in droves. There hasn't been a decent end boss since. No king rules forever my son.
    There were a lot of factors that made Cata suck, hard heroics really was not one of them. For one, when I started in 2.1 (and yes I sucked all through TBC and still had a blast, immersion means a lot) I didnt know who the lich king was. But hell if I didnt by the time Icc hit. Deathwing, who the hell was that guy. they never bothered to tell me

- - - Updated - - -

I think how hard both Heroic's and Raids was turned off a lot of people.

On top of shared lockouts and having ZERO to do besides ether doing dungeons or raiding. I don't like MOP but I will give it credit it gave players things to do. The start with the daily grind was bullshit but it got fixed and timeless island is one of the best things ever. That is why MOP slowed down the Sub bleed and even seen a gain the last quaters if I remember right.

MOP may be the most casual Xpac WOW has ever had even over wrath and I bet you its also the reason why subs are still above 7mil. Now blizzard needs to push out WOD before the SoO burnout sets in.

7-12 Months of no content is bullshit. With the amount of money blizzard makes each month they could hire another smaller team to do mid patchs for content and it would not even hurt there pocket.

The problem is blizzard keeps beating a dead horse and finally said fuck it and gave people a choice to skip said horse "Leveling" Ether take leveling away all together or place leveling in something else or make the current leveling system much better.

Hell Rifts leveling isn't much different but IA's and Rifts keep it at lease somewhat enjoyable. I would personally like them to do all the zones like GW2 did but thats me.
    I disagree, MoP has had some of the hardest raids. But let me just offer this, what patch was the one patch in the last 4 years that made subs rise? the one where they added Flex, something that took teamwork.

I'm not even asking for hard stuff, just something that is a challenge enough to require teamwork

also you seem to both agree with me and disagree. so now im confused
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Don't get me wrong I love wrath its my fav time in WoW.

But even if WoW stayed at the wrath level there would have been a sub bleed but I bet it would be no where near as bad.

Take the Wrath Level add in LFR from Cata and all Content from MOP and WoW would be much better. The thing is blizzard did the first 2 and kept raids a pain so that is why Flex came out. If all of that happen at the release of a Xpac and not drawed out over 2 years then WoW would be in a better shape.

People want Content that is enjoyable so stop taking so dam long to make it.

Now blizzard is changing the whole system with there new raid setup to try to please everyone.

WOD will ether be the best thing for WoW subs or it will be what finally makes WoW go B2p/F2p. I say B2p because I think it will be that before anything. B2p=Buy each Xpac and Content Patch but play what you bought for free.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-03-15 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568378868#18

The above is a link to a Blue Post from a Blizzard rep. explaining how skipping content in this fashion ruins the game.

Emphasis mine.
    And?
    Imagine you try to get a friend into the game to raid with you. They're spending over 100 dollars and still have to work before they can start work that even matters, they're going to be behind from the start and will probably never catch up, and as a result will probably never actually be allowed in your raid unless you're leading it - and even then, why should anyone carry him just because he's your friend and might not even be there next month?
    When they can pay that 100+ dollars, jump right into the current expansion, and actually play with their friends, it gives them incentive to start.
    The typical new game costs 60 dollars. It'll cost over $100 before they even get to level 100, and then more money every single other month they want to play it. 15*12=180+~100 is almost 300 dollars for one year of one game.

They're also talking about power-leveling services, which has been the same since day one, which means someone plays your character for you. Getting a boost to 90 =/= power-leveling service, so your entire post is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account

But even if WoW stayed at the wrath level there would have been a sub bleed but I bet it would be no where near as bad.

Take the Wrath Level add in flex from SoO and all Content from MOP and WoW would be much better. The thing is blizzard did the first 2 and kept raids a pain so that is why Flex came out. If all of that happen at the release of a Xpac and not drawed out over 2 years then WoW would be in a better shape.

People want Content that is enjoyable so stop taking so dam long to make it.

Now blizzard is changing the whole system with there new raid setup to try to please everyone.

WOD will ether be the best thing for WoW subs or it will be what finally makes WoW go B2p/F2p. I say B2p because I think it will be that before anything. B2p=Buy each Xpac and Content Patch but play what you bought for free.
    Fixed .

Take the Wrath Level add in LFR from Cata and all Content from MOP and WoW would be much better. The thing is blizzard did the first 2 and kept raids a pain so that is why Flex came out.

The systems? Who gives a shit really? If someone wants to doze off in lfr then that is their problem. They need to make a completely bad ass expansion with amazing content. Get back to the games roots and actually care about the end bosses plus the ones between them. I'm not asking for much. I just want them to actually follow their own policy and deliver epic content. MoP I think they gave up after Lei Shen. Cata they gave up after Ragnaros. Come on now.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-03-15 at 03:47 AM.

Fixed .
    Right.

Thats my point tho. They wait for a major patch to do anything. They need to do a lot at the start and keep pumping it out.

Hell Guild Wars 2 pumps out new content every 2-3 weeks along with decent trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

The systems? Who gives a shit really? If someone wants to doze off in lfr then that is their problem. They need to make a completely bad ass expansion with amazing content. Get back to the games roots and actually care about the end bosses plus the ones between them. I'm not asking for much. I just want them to actually follow their own policy and deliver epic content.
    I agree my point is these roots isn't how hard it was in TBC.

Yep, they are hypocrites, but they are a business so they will do what they feel will be profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Aaaaand here come the Blizzard apologists.

There's no such thing as a contradiction when Blizzard says it!
    I for one welcome our corporate overlords.

But seriously though, contradiction or not. Fuck all these new micro and macro transactions. Back in my day, getting to level cap was a serious accomplishment. Seems like blizzard is putting everything up for sale now days.

Its only a matter of time before you get special tokens for gear bought with real money and some kind of rng enhancer when looting gear.

If you think about it, world of warcraft is a lot like america. It was once a land of opportunity, where no matter who your were or where you came from you could have it all as long as you can put in the work.

But as time went on the government grew big and greedy and in order to satisfy its own twisted greed constantly came up with no ways to increase the power and wealth of its members by giving out favors and short cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Aaaand here come the haters. Because everything is black and white. But..sure..go ahead..pay a levelling service.
    because criticizing something = hater.

Right.

MORE MONEY
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

mistake was catering the game to people like you.
    A very original comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    lol We got another Blizzard basher do we? haha. The game has aged my friend, what made sense then doesn't make sense now. Get with the times.
    I love this post. Absolutely adore it. It personifies the people believing whatever garbage Blizzard says, whenever they say it, however they say it. Some people will wait on the company hand and foot and wait for it to tell them that it's okay to believe a certain way. "What made sense then". It was a year ago and the game hasn't changed. Not even an expansion passes by and their philosophy has turned totally upside down? It's about money. It has nothing to do with "WE'RE GAMURS GUIZ". Please stop.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2014-03-15 at 03:59 AM.
    Look! Words!

Right.

Thats my point tho. They wait for a major patch to do anything. They need to do a lot at the start and keep pumping it out.

Hell Guild Wars 2 pumps out new content every 2-3 weeks along with decent trailers.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree my point is these roots isn't how hard it was in TBC.
    TBC sucked if you didn't have any friends to play with (I knew most of everyone on horde and alliance that were good on my server that had alts or sometimes mains, depending on what raid it was, to do stuff.) Now you push a button to complain later. I don't see the group buttons as much of an improvement for antisocial players either. It's like the same crabby people don't have to wait an hour or two to make a group now is the only difference. Though with q times I've seen for LFR (45 minutes average) I could probably put together a pug for lfr level content in that time or less by spamming trade for 496 ilvl taking anyone and everyone like the button does.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2014-03-15 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    the mistake was not making it more enjoyanble instead of paying to skip it, yes its a boring grind but (this is my opinion) 2-3 days leveling is far better than paying £35 to skip it
    Oh I agree, leveling should be much more fun and feel more important than it currently does. But I think that ship sailed long ago, and no matter what they do now, the vast majority of players will always focus on end game. They know this, and they know that the time it takes to level (which is a lot longer than a couple days for most players) is a huge turn off. I think the price is outrageous, but still agree with this being implemented. It holds the same logic as raid finder to me (the people who want to do it can do it; the people who think it cheapens their experience can choose not to do it.)