Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is what happens when greed consumes a person/company. Blizzard doesn't care about the integrity of WoW anymore. It's all about the money now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    This is what happens when greed consumes a person/company. Blizzard doesn't care about the integrity of WoW anymore. It's all about the money now.
    It's always been about the money, any illusion of Blizzard wanting smaller profits for some happier people is an illusion you tricked yourself into believing - providing that the people are happy enough to remain subbed. Which they both were and are.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2014-03-15 at 11:10 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Fixed that for you.

I was all on board with this 90 boost at the release of the expansion... but the expansion has NOT been released yet, nor is there ANY sign of it appearing until 6+ months from now MINIMUM.

All you bought with your 50 bucks is a level 90 boost for one character and some chickens for the next half-a-year. It's just a good clever promo to push subs up (notice it's now just 2 weeks until the end of the fiscal quarter...) and to guarantee a purchased copy of the game half a year away from its release in anticipation of dropping subs out of sheer boredom.

EDIT: oh, and BTW, your digital purchase today will count towards their total first-weekend sales in the Fall for WoD, even if you get bored and go play Wildstar or something else and come back later...
    Just because WoD isn't released doesn't mean that my point isn't valid. I don't care if you can boost as soon as you pre-purchase the expansion, you still bought the expansion and will immediately have access to it as soon as it is released, just like all past expansions with digital pre-purchases.

My point is that WoD WILL be released and the level cap WILL rise by ten levels. And the expansion after that? Probably ten more levels. Anyone joining or resubscribing now can boost if they want and play MoP as their heart desires until WoD is released (or just unsub and wait, it doesn't matter). If they choose to join or boost after WoD is released, nothing changes aside from getting a starting experience.

...but I digress, the point I was trying to make is that the game would definitely struggle to gain new subscribers if they hadn't decided to add the boost in the first place. I mentioned absolutely nothing of the release date or pre-purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568378868#18

The above is a link to a Blue Post from a Blizzard rep. explaining how skipping content in this fashion ruins the game.

Emphasis mine.
    Hmm, if so much could change in just a year - I wonder if they'll start selling raid gear. Wait, not really wondering, I am just waiting for them to come up with a reason to spin on why selling gear would be good for the playerbase.

They gave out a "free" 90 for the expansion, and were worried that some players would exploit it and spend too much money(lol) on it, so they wanted to help the minorities out by offering 90s for everyone. Pretty convenient on how that worked out for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    They gave out a "free" 90 for the expansion, and were worried that some players would exploit it and spend too much money(lol) on it, so they wanted to help the minorities out by offering 90s for everyone. Pretty convenient on how that worked out for them.
    Except they could have just made it so you can't transfer the boosted toons. The only thing wrong with that suggestion is it doesn't make them boatloads of money.

Also, "free" =/= $10.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Will with all the solid evidence you have in this post I am convinced!
    Uh, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who posted solid evidence in this topic. If you'd like, you can go back and find a statement from Blizzard from over a year ago that says power-leveling is no big deal and doesn't hurt the game. Meanwhile, I've posted lots of evidence to the contrary.

We all know that was their official stance before they abandoned their integrity in favor of a cash grab. If you've played the game for long enough, read enough of the official press releases and interviews, you know prior to a year ago or so they were vehemently against power leveling and account purchases, and that they felt it negatively affected game-play. Whether you want to admit it or not is another matter entirely.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-16 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You seem to have forgotten that WoW started bleeding subs back in WotLK when the whole "casual" thing started. Ironic dont you think?
    Wrath saw the sub peak; it fell in Cata due to the 10/25 difficulty merge making the casual 10 guilds hit brick walls early and hard; while also having dungeons tuned for organized groups ... required cc and interrupts, the problem came with random matchmaking and the fact you could very well not have the cc required for that dungeon, nor reliable short term interrupts; add in healer revamps where fresh 85s had no mana to do much else but spam their weak heal ... it was a clusterfuck that chased quite a few people away.

(btw, why not may 'mythic' dungeons for those wanting a challenging run, can give bonus valor/justice/whatever currency is left, and doesn't end up being a timed run)

I don't want the 90 boost, but IF I buy WoD, I'll use it on a class I can't stand to level. I find it silly for the most part, as well as their 180 on the idea of it. I don't care if people do it, except for those who can't be arsed to at least learn and practice the spec a bit if they are going to tank/heal in grouped content.

Deleted
    This should be posted on the official forums, lets see what blizz has to say for themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game changes and evolves, and if Blizzard makes insta level 90 an option because leveling to 100 is extremely daunting and intimidating for a new player, why not? It makes perfect sense.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Meh, they're entitled to change the way they run the game. They have solid reasoning for the 90 boost, trying to draw in returning players who just want to play endgame without slogging through the leveling content alone. I can't bring myself to care one way or another tbh.

I have to admit I am enjoying destroying the boosted 90s in BGs though, it's a lot of fun.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh interesting read. Well they said buying a power leveling service through gold but not buying a 90 through money...

Have no idea what to say against this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disapproval Turtle View Post
    This should be posted on the official forums, lets see what blizz has to say for themselves.
    I don't want to get the guy who wrote it in trouble. Apparently he still works there.
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a big difference between selling max level characters during vanilla and selling them in preparation for wod. The player base has shifted towards max level and getting players there so they can play with others is far more palatable than it has been. MMOs at their heart are about playing with other people and if that's the end goal then it's understandable for Blizzard to offer such a service.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The game changes and evolves, and if Blizzard makes insta level 90 an option because leveling to 100 is extremely daunting and intimidating for a new player, why not? It makes perfect sense.
    *In the future when blizzard starts selling gear* The game changes and evolves, and if blizzard makes insta geared 120 an option because max gearing characters is extremely daunting and intimidating for a new player, why not? It makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by carlos5577; 2014-03-16 at 03:25 AM.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

I just tried to actually click the link, and he opens it by saying "I've never liked the "because we say so" answer, so I will try to provide what insight I can. Though please note that I cannot speak for our management, legal or marketing or really any of our departments on a whole."

Is it not a bit misleading to call this Blizzard's stance on power leveling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I just tried to actually click the link, and he opens it by saying "I've never liked the "because we say so" answer, so I will try to provide what insight I can. Though please note that I cannot speak for our management, legal or marketing or really any of our departments on a whole."

Is it not a bit misleading to call this Blizzard's stance on power leveling?
    Oh man, I've linked their legal documentation here too. Where they say bots are harmful to the game because, among other things, they allow a player to gain experience without playing the game. That can speak for the legal department, no?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post25922108

Plus, who cares what the legal department or the marketing department think? Those type of stiff suits ruin games. They clearly think it's a good idea because we're having this conversation right now. They don't care about game-play, they want money. He says "we" throughout his post. He's not talking about him and his friend Mark in the cubicle next to him. He's talking about a general attitude in the company.

It's also representative of the entire company's previous stance and we all know it. I challenge you to find any statements, official or unofficial, prefaced by a disclaimer or not, coming from Blizzard in any capacity, saying that jumping straight to max level by any means doesn't hurt the integrity of the game and the game's environment. This man represents that company when he posts, and he was clearly talking about a general attitude in the company among it's employees. However, I've linked other, more official documentation that I've found, I encourage you to read more of this discussion. And I'm still looking.

Also, from their official exploitation policy...

Use of these "bots" negatively affects the World of Warcraft game environment, since they allow characters to progress without player control.
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...itation-policy

TLDR Find me one word from Blizzard in any capacity that says power leveling is nbd. Or selling accounts. Or any means of getting to cap without deserving it.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-16 at 04:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard is only doing this to boost sub numbers!"

I guess you guys want a dead game then?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    "Blizzard is only doing this to boost sub numbers!"

I guess you guys want a dead game then?
    I never said that. Who did?

I think if anything the number of subs will go down from this. Blizzard is doing this to boost their bank accounts.

Nothing new here.

Blizzard's stance on buying in-game items with real money was that they were against it, until they were for it because they could make money off of it by the RMAH.

Blizzard's stance on power-leveling was that they were against it, until they were for it because they could make money off if it by a $60 microtransaction.

Blizzard's appeal to core values and philosophies (which the OP and others quoted) are all lies and bullshit.

They would sell heroic raid loot if they think they can make money

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    This is a weak argument for blizzard basically doing a 180 over what they called integrity.
    Boosting one toon to what very soon isn't the level cap is not the same as having a 3rd party power level as many toons as you want them to. Both are bad imo, but neither are a service I would use, in that light I don't care much what people do with their money/time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Boosting one toon to what very soon isn't the level cap is not the same as having a 3rd party power level as many toons as you want them to. Both are bad imo, but neither are a service I would use, in that light I don't care much what people do with their money/time.
    They are effectively the same.