Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the blue said sounds like something he came up with on the spot as a reason against letting someone else use your account(paying someone else to level for you) as it probably causes account stealing. Also I highly doubt one guy represents the whole company.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    What the blue said sounds like something he came up with on the spot as a reason against letting someone else use your account(paying someone else to level for you) as it probably causes account stealing. Also I highly doubt one guy represents the whole company.
    It combats account stealing, as well as any legal issues and alleviates the amount of crap their tech/support teams need to do to recover it. People can bitch and moan that this is a pre-cursor to selling endgame raid gear, but this game's servers will all shut down before that happens.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    There's also a few other links in here, more quotes from Blizzard that basically say what he says over and over.

Also, I think you're misunderstanding his quote. He's not talking about other people accessing your account ruining the game environment and the integrity of the game. Also, people can and do represent a whole company. They're called representatives.

guess its good they are not allowing power leveling so someone else plays my toon to max..... instant 90 =! power leveling. Nor is raiding current tier being handed to you as you need some gear for TI or older raids. And again no one else plays your toon.....
    That has little to do with anything. The results are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    The whole reason they added it to the store is because, by giving you the free one with the expansion, they already gave you a way to buy more. All you had to do was buy another copy of the game, and then transfer your "free" 90 off to your main account when you were done. It cost a bit more ($85, assuming MoP will eventually be part of the battlechest), but you also get 30 days of recruit-a-friend accelerated leveling out of the deal (or 90 days and a mount if you feel like paying for 2 months of gametime on your new account).

The service was added to just be a less-hassle way of doing the same thing.
    I'm sorry, but that is such a blatant excuse for this maneuver. They could have simply made it so you're not allowed to transfer the boosted 'toon. The "hey we're giving you a free ($10) boost with the expansion!" is just a pretense for charging for paid character boost. It's so shady how they sneak stuff like this in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

I'm fascinated by how butthurt and angry people can be over video games. Ooh, the evil corporation, so contradictulous, so powersly and money-covetatious, my oh my, it hurts in the headz! It's very serioustic, must be especially angersome. Muchly raged.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2014-03-17 at 12:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how one random player on a forum says the extra $10 cost of the expansion is actually paying for the 90 boost, and all of a sudden every single person starts parroting that the free 90 boost isn't free at all but the extra $10 this expansion costs, on authority of that one random forum poster.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, and that was only a year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I'm fascinated by how butthurt and angry people can be over video games. Ooh, the evil corporation, so contradictulous, so powersly and money-covetatious, my oh my, it hurts in the headz! It's very serioustic, must be especially angersome. Muchly raged.
    I've looked at your post history, and you're not exactly a bright ray of sunshine yourself. You seem to always be angry and upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I find it funny how one random player on a forum says the extra $10 cost of the expansion is actually paying for the 90 boost, and all of a sudden every single person starts parroting that the free 90 boost isn't free at all but the extra $10 this expansion costs, on authority of that one random forum poster.
    This expansion should cost less than the others, it's adding less content to the game after all.
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    This expansion should cost less than the others, it's adding less content to the game after all.
    If it were as content-light as Cataclysm was, maybe. That had so little going for it it wasn't even funny; they gave away nearly all the new content.

I've looked at your post history, and you're not exactly a bright ray of sunshine yourself. You seem to always be angry and upset.
    He's the poster child (emphasis on child) for psychological projection.

From the article quoted, power leveling according to Blizzards terms is someone else playing your character. A free boost to 90 is not paying for power leveling since you are having anyone do the work for you. Even in that qoute, Blizzard says that would rather have players take advantage of in-game leveling boosts. This is referring to RaF and Heirloom for XP boosts, and SoR for a free 80 at the time. This boost to 90 fits in with Blizzards stance you and seem to ignore the facts that you posted your self.

He's probably the angriest and sarcastic poster I've seen. Thousands of angry posts. I would love to meet him in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    If it were as content-light as Cataclysm was, maybe. That had so little going for it it wasn't even funny; they gave away nearly all the new content.
    It can easily be argued that redoing 40 zones in full 3-D and streamlining the leveling process and updating 1000s of quests, along with two updated capital cities, plus all the other things Cata had at launch, Cata had the most of any expansion regardless if you did not level a new character through Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like their stance has changed

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft lead encounter designer Ion Hazzikostas said that the price isn’t trying to maximize profits, but rather trying not to devalue leveling. "If our goal here was to sell as many boosts as possible, we could halve the price or more than that—make it $10 or something,” he said. “And then hardly anyone would ever level a character again.”
    Today, they stand behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Looks like their stance has changed

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft lead encounter designer Ion Hazzikostas said that the price isn’t trying to maximize profits, but rather trying not to devalue leveling. "If our goal here was to sell as many boosts as possible, we could halve the price or more than that—make it $10 or something,” he said. “And then hardly anyone would ever level a character again.”
    Today, they stand behind it.
    Wow, great post. Glad someone came in to state the painfully obvious.

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in blue posts anymore.