Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trion reveals new Mage Tanking Soul

Yes, you read the title right, a Mage that can Tank

Presenting the fourth and final new Soul coming in the next Update 2.7, the Arbiter

Our Soul reveals conclude (for now!) with the Arbiter – a Mage tank who weaves wind, lightning, and ice into defensive abilities on par with the best in Telara.

Cloth and shields

Arbiters are mages who have studied spells of invulnerability to perfect the art of magical damage mitigation. Armed with the powers of Water and Air, they taunt and torment enemies with storms and brush off their attacks with shields of ice. Don’t be fooled by the cloth and wand – these mages stand toe-to-toe with Riftstalkers, Paladins, and Justicars on the front lines of battle.

Like the last three reveals, the article continues with a bit of background Lore.

Source: http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...soul-revealed/

However, starting this Monday, the 17th which just happens to be St. Patrick's Day, you will be able to openly test all the new souls on the PTS

So they did ditch the pet. Oh well, I just want info on the class mechanics and abilities. Can't wait for Monday so we can get meaningful details on the new souls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So they did ditch the pet. Oh well, I just want info on the class mechanics and abilities. Can't wait for Monday so we can get meaningful details on the new souls.
    Indeed they did! An absolutely brilliant decision.

I am very excited for Monday!

If the Soul is easy to use "Easy for Me" ill be more then happy to reinstall Rift just to check it out.

I don't mind tanking I just can't stand needing to use tons of abilitys just to hold argo.

I guess I'm a bit lazy LOL.

Going to reinstall rift now just to check it out monday

Is the Soul Free?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-03-15 at 11:19 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If the Soul is easy to use "Easy for Me" ill be more then happy to reinstall Rift just to check it out.

I don't mind tanking I just can't stand needing to use tons of abilitys just to hold argo.

I guess I'm a bit lazy LOL.

Going to reinstall rift now just to check it out monday

Is the Soul Free?
    I believe it will be free to test on the PTS, however when it hits live it is likely if you want access to the Mage tanking soul you will have to buy it. Pricing for the new souls is still being discussed.

I have a feeling they are going to sell them individually as apposed to the Storm Legion souls which are sold as a bundle, with a base 2 slot character limit it makes more sense to sell them individually. I assume they will have a bundle offer as well if you want all 4 of the new souls. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I believe it will be free to test on the PTS, however when it hits live it is likely if you want access to the Mage tanking soul you will have to buy it. Pricing for the new souls is still being discussed.

I have a feeling they are going to sell them individually as apposed to the Storm Legion souls which are sold as a bundle, with a base 2 slot character limit it makes more sense to sell them individually. I assume they will have a bundle offer as well if you want all 4 of the new souls. We shall see.
    Ok cool.

ill check out some videos and decide if I want to buy or not. Hell depending price I mite just buy it anyway.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post

I thought I had read that Daglar said they will not sell them individually, only a bundle, and the way he worded it, the bundle will likely be more than the SL bundle. I'll try to look up the quote again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I thought I had read that Daglar said they will not sell them individually, only a bundle, and the way he worded it, the bundle will likely be more than the SL bundle. I'll try to look up the quote again.
    I hope their sold in a bundle. Granted, I have zero interest in the rogue soul (rogues are lame), but I'd rather have a bundle with all souls a la Storm Legion than have to pick each one up individually.

Awww they will use shields. Was hoping for no shield.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Want.

Want so much...

I wonder if I could handle having 6 raid nights a week >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hope their sold in a bundle. Granted, I have zero interest in the rogue soul (rogues are lame), but I'd rather have a bundle with all souls a la Storm Legion than have to pick each one up individually.
    :'(

Edge had earned the achievement [Heartbreaker]
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I read it as they have shield abilities to help mitigate damage rather than them using a shield. I feel like Trion wouldn't give them shields given that warriors/clerics already use them. Makes more sense to go the rogue route of no shield, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They don't "use" shields, they have magical Icy "shields" to mitigate damage. They are, from I've read on the rift forums, an absorption tank a la Riftstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Now if mages get a DPS soul everything should be fine!
    Bwahahah, I see what you did there!

I hope it's not like Riftstalker, I find rogue to be very bland in general. Melee needs some serious animation updates to differentiate from each other because they all feel the same imo.

Also I hope there is an option to buy 1 at a time because I have no interest playing anything outside mage (I gave up on cleric since it's clear no serious changes will be in the future)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The absolute best line from the lore reveal for Arbiter:

“We are fools, blinded by our traditions,” he read. “We hide behind warriors when our best protection is knowledge. The knowledge of magic.”

Makes me chuckle when thinking of all the irrational hatred for Mage/Warlock/Clothie tanking anywhere in gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Want.

Want so much...

I wonder if I could handle having 6 raid nights a week >_>

- - - Updated - - -

:'(

Edge had earned the achievement [Heartbreaker]
    Rogue will be the first class I finish...maybe the only class.

Great video of the souls game play and commentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE-6aji_68Q

10+ Year Old Account
    My stats as a Mage 'tank'

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    So do you plan on using staff even if the runeshard imbalance (Endurance) remains?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    - snip
    Been away from rift for a little while but isn't 80k hp and 90k armor more than normal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    So do you plan on using staff
    This is just the gear provided for you on the PTS, you get it all from Master mode Dummy Foundry, full set of gear, full PA XP, Dream Orbs, etc so it wouldn't be a staff on 'live'

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Been away from rift for a little while but isn't 80k hp and 90k armor more than normal?
    For a raid geared Warrior Tank, sure that's about the 'norm' but this is a cloth wearing Mage we're looking at

Mages normally hover around 22-26k HP, most i can get in a 61 point Chloromancer build is about 33k health so 81k is nice.