Poll: should the Exodar Rise?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The Exodar Rises ..... maybe?

Should the Exodar go airborne in WoD? simple question what do you think. Personally I think 8 years is long enough to repair the ship.

to expand on the idea no reason for it to go to old dreanor just do it as part of an over haul of the whole starting zone. would be nice to see it fly again.
    Last edited by krunksmash; 2014-03-15 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    Except they can only start around WoD-time, because they still need parts, to fix the ship. It kinda crashed, and got damaged "a bit". Don't know if they would screw over the Draenei from Draenor B. Also, maybe they need to build something to let us raid

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Except they can only start around WoD-time, because they still need parts, to fix the ship. It kinda crashed, and got damaged "a bit". Don't know if they would screw over the Draenei from Draenor B. Also, maybe they need to build something to let us raid
    In lore the Exodar is fully repaired.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2014-03-15 at 04:01 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, Have you seen Exodar lately? It kinda uh... shattered into piece... You know...

Only if horde get to ride along too :3

Deleted
    if you are talking about on azeroth, I believe it is already repaired, just the game doesn't reflect that fact due to the TBC zones having never been upgraded since they were put into the game.

so if anything it is more likely the game just isn't reflecting the time line, like if you go to northrend dalaran is still there despite if going for a joy ride during MoP, really unless they update everything every patch there will always be inconsistencies between the game and the actual lore.

The big question is: Why now? We'll be in an alternate past with nothing going on in ours worth having a flying Exodar for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And in lore, Deathwing is still alive when you're in the Draenei starting area.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Uh, Have you seen Exodar lately? It kinda uh... shattered into piece... You know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    A shame they won't update the zone to reflect that, but that's how it is. As for whether or not it should play a role in WoD, I think that the draenei are probably comfortable where they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You mean in-game. That's part of the restrictions of not being able to update every single zone to the current timeline.

Deleted
    game play doesn't match lore as in the draenei starting zones all the raids you did in TBC never happened, the zones sit in a bubble never moving forward unless something like the cata update happens, without them constantly updating zones the timeline of the zones will always be all over the place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    Should the Exodar go airborne in WoD? simple question what do you think. Personally I think 8 years is long enough to repair the ship.
    HELL YES! What a great idea. I can see the devs thinking the same aswell. Leave the starting zone as it is because I like it. But since the ship is inter-dimensional, I see no reason why it couldn't be hovering above "Hellfire Peninsula Mark II" in a fully functioning state. I love the draenei and this expansion is going to be great for them, it might just bring me back to the game.
    Last edited by mmocfbd3c41b96; 2014-03-15 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool. A fully functional Exodar being the Alliance hub in 6.Whatever would be nice.

How are you going to fit a capital city through a portal to the past though? It's probably not going to see action in WoD unless it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather see them use the exodar art style and models as a 5 man dungeon. Why not utilise those assets to create a 5man dungeon, especially with WoD being draenor-y
    Hi

Deleted
    yep Exodar should fly to Outland and all Dreanei will leave Alliance coz who needs allies on other planet.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    yep Exodar should fly to Outland and all Dreanei will leave Alliance coz who needs allies on other planet.
    I'd rather have space goats then drug addicted sparkle elfs

10+ Year Old Account
    Because having pretty Elves is totally bad amirite? @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Elfs are useful a faction. Goats are useless now and will be even more useless if moved to other planet.

Deleted
    Jesus no, you can't trust tentacled smurfs to drive anything.

They crashed it in the first place.

Deleted
    I doubt it this expansion, unless we're back on Azeroth a lot sooner than expected. However I wouldn't be surprised to see this at some point. Maybe next expansion.

The big question is: Why now? We'll be in an alternate past with nothing going on in ours worth having a flying Exodar for.

And in lore of the 1-60 zone Garrosh is still warchief and the horde and alliance are still fighting. This is what happens when you half-ass an attempt at a persistant world. They should have not made so much of it about fighting deathwing and the horde vs alliance war which is no longer happening. The 1-60 experience is in desperate need of an update but they can easily link outlands, northrend and panderia to caverns of time to preserve continuity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like for this to happen but I'm very skeptical that they'll ever redo the Draenei starting zone. So if it's going to happen it will have to be in some other context than that. I was sort of excited by the idea that they were going to show Dalaran hovering over SoO too. That didn't happen so it seems unlikely that they'll do this. They won't redo 1-60 again either. I appreciated the effort that went into that but constantly redoing zones that people can now completely skip over isn't in the cards. People have been saying for years that "the game begins at X(whatever end game is)". Blizzard now apparently agrees.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-15 at 08:09 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."