Poll: Favorite part of the CE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Artbook and trading cards of course

mousepad since its the one thing in the collectors edition i actually use all the time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Personally, I think the WoD mount is... less than stellar. The Iron Skyreaver would have be far more interesting and, I suspect, more evocative of the "theme" of the expansion, which is why I was shocked it was added to the cash-shop. But hey, it's a new, completely unique, so why *wouldn't* be on the goddamn cash-shop, right?

Personally, I really dig the Warsong Pennant in D3. I'm surprised they didn't just add new Banner Sigils, though, and have the war-banner itself just display your own personal banner, as opposed to only that of the Warsong Clan. Being how it is now, it really only suits the Barbarian, whereas by displaying your own Banner, you could really suit it to your own tastes. Still, though; I'm supremely happy with it.

I wish Blizzard would get a little more creative with their WoW and SC2 bonuses, though. It's always a pet, and now it's looking like a mount. Why not shake things up a bit, and throw in some unique transmog gear, or perhaps new customization options? I mean, look how many people have been asking for Mag'har skins; that would have made an excellent Collector's Edition bonus, fitting nicely with the theme, whilst remaining purely cosmetic.

Of course, my WoW sub runs out in a few days, so I suppose my opinion is insignificant in the grand scheme of things now. I'm still in shock that they actually implemented paid-90's. It just seems so ludicrous, it's hard to fathom they actually did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say the box if there was an option for that

artbook+companion

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got WotLK and I am glad I did. Kinda love Frosty (imo the best pet to date).
    I am also glad because, just as BC, it is a bit more rare to find other players who have bought it.

However, if you log in and look around, you'll spot 5 or 8 players with the WoD's CE mount already... Making it a rather common thing, hence nothing special about it. The same goes for MoP and even for Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loling at all the people who said the box and are serious.

My favorite party is walking past it at the store and chuckling about the ridiculous price.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-16 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

For me its the artbook, if hadn't been for that I'd just buy the deluxe digital edition. But I am tired of the lousy mousepads we get =/ I'd much rather have a statuette or something else included in the CE. Even a plushie would do

15+ Year Old Account
    Mount and companion, wich i never use.

I dont care about physical copies. Just collecting dust. Only game i bought is World of Warcraft (vanilla). Rest all upgrades.

And most games i buy online with paypal. No dust collecting and some digital goodies
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

The WoW mousepad doesn't work well for all mouses, but I can say that my Razer Naga worked better on that than the Steelseries Cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Personally, I think the WoD mount is... less than stellar. The Iron Skyreaver would have be far more interesting and, I suspect, more evocative of the "theme" of the expansion, which is why I was shocked it was added to the cash-shop. But hey, it's a new, completely unique, so why *wouldn't* be on the goddamn cash-shop, right?

Personally, I really dig the Warsong Pennant in D3. I'm surprised they didn't just add new Banner Sigils, though, and have the war-banner itself just display your own personal banner, as opposed to only that of the Warsong Clan. Being how it is now, it really only suits the Barbarian, whereas by displaying your own Banner, you could really suit it to your own tastes. Still, though; I'm supremely happy with it.

I wish Blizzard would get a little more creative with their WoW and SC2 bonuses, though. It's always a pet, and now it's looking like a mount. Why not shake things up a bit, and throw in some unique transmog gear, or perhaps new customization options? I mean, look how many people have been asking for Mag'har skins; that would have made an excellent Collector's Edition bonus, fitting nicely with the theme, whilst remaining purely cosmetic.

Of course, my WoW sub runs out in a few days, so I suppose my opinion is insignificant in the grand scheme of things now. I'm still in shock that they actually implemented paid-90's. It just seems so ludicrous, it's hard to fathom they actually did it.
    Mounts and companions are cool, but there is so many other cool mounts, that go in and out of fashion, so nobody is bothered by them being in a CE. What will bother people is giving an exclusive brown skin to Orcs.

Deleted
    I did buy MoP CE. I knew what was inside but it was still a disappointment. Best part was artbook and even that was kinda letdown. I was almost excited about behind-the-scenes document dvd but that was your average american-grade (that means crappy in this context) talking heads show with only few interesting parts. I don't use pets and mount was ugly as hell.

No can do, i still not regret buying it, lol. But anyway, i will buy WoD normal digital version and when normal box version comes to sale, i'll buy it too, just to have physical box and to have key for my second account.

Some value gift which differs from an awful mousepad. USB drives in D3 CE and SCII CE were nice, this is why I bought them.

Deleted
    Artbook, then Mount & Companion.

Anything after that = bonus.

Got every book except original Wow`s.

<3 Blizzard Artwork, and love drawing it

15+ Year Old Account
    I collect artbooks, so I obviously love those... and the artbooks that come with the CEs would easily go for $30+ if sold independantly, being hardcover with high quality paper and printing, and all.

Still, I'm a sucker for stories about the game development process, so I think I honestly like the behind the scenes DVDs the most. They've just got such a wealth of info on the creative process, and often their own share of concept art, plus all the interviews, animatics, and so forth. And usually a few fun easter eggs, too, like the live-action version of the MoP cinematic that the animators did for reference.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2014-03-16 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    I like practical things so mousepad for me (still using the one from Cata CE)

Mousepad, its really high quality, sure the mount is cool, but I have so many of those, I really don't care for it that much.

Artbook! I love those things.

I like the DVD and art book

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no single item I prefer over the others. My favourite items are the art book, OST CD and DVD.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're just talking about WoW CEs then the artbook and soundtrack(prefer them on an actual CD) but if we're talking in general then definitely the figurines they come with. It's really the main reason why I even bother getting CEs of games. I could care less about the digital content that it comes with because most of the time they are just little stupid shit like costumes or skins. I care more for the physical things you get with it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe